Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Wabash River Conference Sectional Thread

12 hours ago, kdets89 said:

I think this will be a game to remember for those Panther players!! 😊 How exciting to get to play the football game on artificial field turf!! 🤩 Also, I bet the people who wash the football costumes will be happy not to have all those grass stains and dirt!! YUCK!! 🤭

• Like 1

On 10/23/2022 at 10:42 PM, CheapSeats said:

It's 1-2 or 0-3 for the WRC this week. 

Covenant Christian will be the best team RP has played all year. Tough match-up.

Fountain Central and North Vermillion will have to step up their game.  

Hard to see any of the WRC teams pulling out the W. 

Booo!! 😿 I think the WRC teams can all win!! What is so great about the giant Indianapolis teams from the big city? 🤷‍♀️ Maybe the small town boys have more heart!! ❤️ The big time schools from Indy put their football costumes on the same way that our small town boys do!! 💪 💯

Long time lurker, first time poster 🤣.  

NV vs TP:   I’ll go with NV in this one purely based on coaching.

FC vs PT:  As much as I want to go with the same qualifications as the game above, I just don’t think FC’s defense will be good enough in this one.  I’ll take PT in a high scoring game.

RP vs CC:  I truly feel like this is RP’s chance to prove they have “arrived” as a football school.  I’m not sure they can win the game, but if RP can keep it a competitive game then I will jump on the bandwagon and start to consider RP as trending up in WRC football for the years to come.  

How did all of the 1a WRC schools get split up in sectional play this year?  3 left standing and all 3 have to play against an Indy private school.  That kinda sucks if you ask me.  

2 minutes ago, WRCWarden said:

Long time lurker, first time poster 🤣.  

NV vs TP:   I’ll go with NV in this one purely based on coaching.

FC vs PT:  As much as I want to go with the same qualifications as the game above, I just don’t think FC’s defense will be good enough in this one.  I’ll take PT in a high scoring game.

RP vs CC:  I truly feel like this is RP’s chance to prove they have “arrived” as a football school.  I’m not sure they can win the game, but if RP can keep it a competitive game then I will jump on the bandwagon and start to consider RP as trending up in WRC football for the years to come.  

How did all of the 1a WRC schools get split up in sectional play this year?  3 left standing and all 3 have to play against an Indy private school.  That kinda sucks if you ask me.  

I agree. Kinda sucks that the private schools are even allowed to play in 1a at all. I think all private schools should have a class of their own or play no lower than 3a. If RP can control the ball and keep it in 24s hands, they have a shot. If CC plays much offense I think the pass game may be too much for them. Good luck to all the WRC teams tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

unnamed.thumb.jpg.db0c6d3c291d2da3a0458e974d4863d5.jpg

Thank goodness my Halloween costume finally arrived!  Will I fit in with the WRC crowd or will I stick out like a sore thumb?

I knew Donnie was a closet rockv-----ugh PH fan!!! It comes with a woofs shirt

Every matchup will probably be pretty tough this week but I think every team stands a chance if they play well. You know the coaching staffs for all three have been preaching the value of preparation and toughness this week. 

Trader's Point @ North Vermillion- The NV coaching staff will have the Falcons ready to go and they have a pretty solid team up there anchored by their senior big man. I think NV will pull this one off in a close one. 28-24 

Park Tudor @ Fountain Central- FC may be one of the best 4 win teams out there but I just don't think the Mustangs will be able to keep up when the clock strikes 0:00. They'll hang in there but will just be outmanned in the end. 38-28 PT

Riverton Parke @ Covenant Christian (played at Danville)- I really think this one could be the one that is the most variable. Could RP pull it together play to their capabilities and win by two scores? Yup, I could see it, I truly don't think they've played to their full potential yet. Could CC come out and intimidate the Panthers because it's a private Indy school and win by a few scores? Yes it could happen, I don't see it playing out this way but there's always a chance with a program that's still building to their full potential. Then there's the most likely choice, RP grounds, pounds, and controls the clock and CC throws and scores and this game is tight and comes down to the wire. 

Guess I should pick this one instead of just theorizing the possibilities. 

RP shows they belong in the conversation and are here to stick around as a player. They run it, eat clock up, make some plays defensively, and play their most cohesive game of the year. 36-21 RP. They get to host another sectional championship game against in all likelihood what's probably the best team in 1A. 

Traders Point at North Vermilion - TP has some pretty decent teams on their schedule.  Problem for them is all of them blew them out.  They can score some points, so that could give NV some trouble.  For those saying NV has an advantage in coaching, I would disagree.  The HC of TP is a former Westfield assistant and he's a pretty good offensive coach.  He has some good coaches on his staff.  I think this is a close game and could go either way.  I see both teams putting points on the board, so a stop or two or turnovers will decide who wins this one.  I'll take TP in a shootout.

Park Tudor at Fountain Central - regardless of how the rich boys won at CP, they are heading to Fountain County to take on the Mustangs.  I'll bet you dollars to donuts that the FC coaches are counting PT defenders on every play.  Maybe PT's penalty for last week should be to play the first quarter with 10 men on defense.  Try out that soccer 4-4-2 instead of the 4-4-4.  I think both teams will score some points in this game as well.  I just think the Panthers will score a few more.

Riverton Parke at Covenant Christian @ Danville HS - do you think it's a coincidence that CC rented the turf field for their game vs RP?  A team that likes to use their speed and throw the ball would not want to play on some old grass field if they had their choice of some nice field turf.  The Zionsville West MS field is certainly not an advantage for CC.  Maybe I'm wrong, but this would seem to work in favor of the Warriors.  I think RP has a puncher's chance, but I'm going with CC in this one.  I hope the Panthers prove me wrong.

In truth all of the WRC teams could win.  It would be nice to see at least one of them playing for a championship next week.

On 10/25/2022 at 9:13 AM, WRC123 said:

I think all these games have the potential to be good ones. As someone said early some of these schools have not played the toughest schedules. I'm hoping for a WRC sweep this week! All the WRC teams better be ready to stop the passing game!

Traders Point @ NV - Crabtree and Blank better have their passing defense ready to go this week. Traders Point wants to throw the ball.. The qb has thrown for over 2500 yards this year. NV needs to do their best to keep that offense off of the field. I see this being a higher scoring game and I'll take NV winning the ball game with a late td in the 4th and a pick to end the game. NV 42-40

Park Tudor @ FC- Park Tudor was the heavy favorite to win the sectional and after a tough/close game last week I'm sure Herb has his boys fired up to play this one. Will FC be able to stop the Park Tudor offense or will the FC offense be able to score with them? I'll take FC holding them off a couple times to get a win. 35-32

RP @ Covenant Christian - As  long as 24 is playing the Panthers have a chance. They need to get a couple stops defensively and they got to score! I wouldn't be surprised if 24 gets 30 plus carries this game. I'm taking RP 38-30

Big thing this week for our WRC teams is can they stop the indy schools from scoring? I don't think they will be prepared to play the smash mouth football that these WRC teams can play at times! Best of luck to all teams!

I have witnessed CC play this year and they can put up BIG points in a hurry with their passing game. They have a very dynamic QB which opens them up for big play runs as well. I know I haven't seen RP play this year, but I know what to expect from CC so I would say that this one is a higher scoring affair ending as a 48-34 CC win.

Traders Point at North Vermilion 

Park Tudor at Fountain Central

Riverton Parke at Covenant Christian 

Haven’t been watching much football lately and caught too much grief about me mocking the war wagon so I’ve decided to go into hibernation. 

I will take Woody and Blank over TP. 34-21

Hard for me to go against Coach King. Mustangs 23-21 OT. 

#24 isn’t playing the worst group of WRC teams in the last 50 years anymore. Hell of a career but the one man band won’t be able to pull it out over bigger and faster Christian’s. Not sure if the panthers are here to stay but I do know they don’t have anyone close to Hazzard coming up.  CC 56-RP 21.