Jump to content
Head Coach Openings 2023 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

    • Raised $3,162.05 of $3,600 target

Carson Steele Gets Some Airtime on ESPN with SVP


Bash Riprock

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, temptation said:

Helps them most in football or help them work on their biggest weakness?

Doyle, Wheat, Hohlt, Schott,Coyle, Delp are/were all involved and successful on a state level  in fast twitch (sprints) and hurdle events.  
 

Even going back to studs like Stoner, Stapleton, and Luallen…same deal.

An RB throwing the shot put (even at a place like CG who is loaded with speed) tells me he’s not one of the fastest guys in the school.

Well you would certainly know more than me.  Thanks for enlightening me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Grover said:

Nobody who watched Carson play regularly is surprised by his success.

I laughed when I heard IU told him he lacked breakaway speed.  How often does that come into play for IU vs. a guy who can break tackles?  IU's backs get an open hole about as often as Halley's Comet makes a pass.  

IU was likely recruiting Cocaine Bear for that position. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/5/2023 at 2:15 PM, temptation said:

Didn’t get to see him on a regular basis but the fact that you’ve now asked twice leads me to believe it doesn’t happen too often.

I mean 48 yards was his longest TD rush of the season but I’m not sure what that tells us.

As far as track is concerned, you are right.  I don’t know.  What I do know is that Moore is a super competitive coach and one of the few who takes his track and field as seriously as his football.

You can list up to 8 names for the tournament in the relay events (4 compete).  Steele was not among the 8 listed for CG in the 4x100 during his time there.  That leads me to believe Moore doesn’t think much of his “speed” either.

All speculation but pretty telling to me.

48 yds was far from his longest high school runs playing in the MIC. 
 

You have no idea why Moore didn’t choose to run Steele in track. You dont know Moore and you have zero insight. 
 

We do agree that you are speculating at the very best. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, temptation said:

I’m gonna call BS on that one.  Russ was a high 4.5 kid according to his combine stats and his sister earned a full ride track scholarship to The University of Louisville.

You would be incorrect….again. 
 

CG’a track results for this period can be found. Do the homework. 
 

Russ is not his sister when it comes to track speed. He’d be the first to tell you that. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

You would be incorrect….again. 
 

CG’a track results for this period can be found. Do the homework. 
 

Russ is not his sister when it comes to track speed. He’d be the first to tell you that. 

Russ ran 4.58…current Bengals RB Chris Evans ran 4.52 at his pro day.

Evans was an all-state sprinter and ran high 10.7/low 10.8 for the 100 meter dash, meaning it is feasible to think Yeast is high 10.9/11.0 if he focused on the sport.  
 

Sub 11 second 100 meter guys just don’t grow on trees.  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Grover said:

Where did Russ place at state?

What’s that matter?  Speed is speed.  The stopwatch/FAT system doesn’t lie.

Russ ran his junior year and was a member of CG’s all-state 4x1.

Reese Taylor from BD (IU/Purdue) was a high 4.4 kid and never ran track.  Kid would have run 10.6 in the 100.
 

It happens.

I’ll keep this receipt when Carson runs 4.7+ at the combine, don’t worry.

Edited by temptation
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, temptation said:

 

I’ll keep this receipt when Carson runs 4.7+ at the combine, don’t worry.

What receipt is that?  I said Russ doesn’t have elite speed and he’s in the NFL. Carson’s speed won’t change that fact. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Grover said:

Look, you’re way wrong on this. Just take your L. 

What specifically am I wrong about?  

4 minutes ago, Grover said:

What receipt is that?  I said Russ doesn’t have elite speed and he’s in the NFL. Carson’s speed won’t change that fact. 

I’ve never challenged Carson’s future ability.  Just labeled him a bruiser more so than a speed back and folks got offended by WORDS.

And it’s true.

He will be invited to the combine.  The laser awaits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, temptation said:

Russ ran 4.58…current Bengals RB Chris Evans ran 4.52 at his pro day.

Evans was an all-state sprinter and ran high 10.7/low 10.8 for the 100 meter dash, meaning it is feasible to think Yeast is high 10.9/11.0 if he focused on the sport.  
 

Sub 11 second 100 meter guys just don’t grow on trees.  

You truly don’t know when to stop, do you??  I was at a number of his track meets as one of our children was running on the team. He was competitive. But hey, it is impossible for you to be wrong, so time for me to move on. 
 

image.thumb.png.c5be479ea21639346caae111dfcdafdf.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

You truly don’t know when to stop, do you??  I was at a number of his track meets as one of our children was running on the team. He was competitive. But hey, it is impossible for you to be wrong, so time for me to move on. 
 

image.thumb.png.c5be479ea21639346caae111dfcdafdf.png

Competitive?  That’s where we are at?

Never said he wasn’t competitive…said he wasn’t one of the fastest kids on the team.

Don’t put words in my mouth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Competitive?  That’s where we are at?

Never said he wasn’t competitive…said he wasn’t one of the fastest kids on the team.

Don’t put words in my mouth.

You were flapping your gums about RY. Your statements were incorrect. 
 

You don’t know jack about either former Trojan when it comes to their track or speed backgrounds. Do yourself a favor, admit it and tackle the next issue. 

The only spew that comes from your mouth is 100% self inflicted 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

You were flapping your gums about RY. Your statements were incorrect. 
 

You don’t know jack about either former Trojan when it comes to their track or speed backgrounds. Do yourself a favor, admit it and tackle the next issue. 

The only spew that comes from your mouth is 100% self inflicted 

What did I say about Russ that was inaccurate?  That he didn’t possess the track accolades of his sister?  
 

Hell, few did.  She was a multiple all stater and ran into Ramiah Elliott, Lynna Irby and Semira Killebrew or she would have been a state champion.

Sub 4.6 (electronic) in the 40 is damn fast and shows the potential for sub 11 second 100 meter speed.  That is not debatable.  
 

I’m not sure why you are so pissed off and are arguing semantics.  Speed is speed.

Ask anyone who watched Steele play.  The first thing out of their mouth will likely be the fact that the first guy NEVER brought him down.  He will never be mistaken for a burner, I don’t care what anyone says.

That’s what I love about track.  The laser never lies.  I’ll hang on to this receipt when he runs 4.7 at the combine which will vindicate this entire thread.

“Football speed” lol.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Grover said:

Who said Carson is a burner?  I must have missed that. Please show us the receipt. 🙄

No one.  But I was mocked for calling him a “bruiser” with the “how many times did you see him caught from behind” line.

The first thing I think of when I think of Steele is him just carrying dudes across the first down line or wiggling out of a tackle.  Doesn’t mean he “can’t” outrun guys.

But hey…he was “competitive” in track so it’s all good.

Edited by temptation
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

Some folks just love to troll to get a reaction and start a "conversation."

And then they provide data and the others involved in the "conversation" resort to name calling and eventually disappear because they have no substance remaining.

Edited by temptation
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/8/2023 at 7:58 AM, temptation said:

No one.  But I was mocked for calling him a “bruiser” with the “how many times did you see him caught from behind” line.

The first thing I think of when I think of Steele is him just carrying dudes across the first down line or wiggling out of a tackle.  Doesn’t mean he “can’t” outrun guys.

But hey…he was “competitive” in track so it’s all good.

No one mocked you....simply disagreed with your comments first about CS track assumptions by Coach Moore, then your inflated speed comments about RY.  You are not close to the CG program and some of those comments made were simply inaccurate.  I did ask you a simple comment about how many times have you seen Steele tackled from behind on break away runs either in HS or college.  You avoided the question...repeatedly. I challenged you to go out and find some of RY's track results from his CG days.  Really solid times....but not the fastest on the team...not in the top 2-3 on the HS team.  That is fact...I sat in those stands.  

I understand you try to come across as the "all knowing football expert" on this forum.  Always right and never wrong....that's why I don't like debating with you as that your ego will not allow you to just stop, even when you are out of your lane.  You making assumptions doesn't make something fact.  Sometimes its better to just stop and move on to the next topic.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, temptation said:

And then they provide data and the others involved in the "conversation" resort to name calling and eventually disappear because they have no substance remaining.

Does your ego to allow you to acknowledge that maybe you were the troll that jumped on a thread you didn't create with less than positive comments about the person the thread is about?  This entire thread was about CS getting some nice time on ESPN and later his move to UCLA, only to have you try and find some fault with the kid.

Don't confuse disappearing as a lack of substance....just tired of playing your game.

Edited by Bash Riprock
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Does your ego to allow you to acknowledge that maybe you were the troll that jumped on a thread you didn't create with less than positive comments about the person the thread is about?  This entire thread was about CS getting some nice time on ESPN and later his move to UCLA, only to have you try and find some fault with the kid.

Don't confuse disappearing as a lack of substance....just tired of playing your game.

Mic drop

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Grover said:

Mic drop

Mic picked up.

Said the kid was more of a bruiser then he was a speed back.  That’s it.  That’s not “less than positive” it’s categorizing the kid.

Track times don’t lie.  I know the sport and might actually surprise you in knowing more than you think about how Moore runs his program.  I’ve spoken to the man and actually coached against him.

Steele never ran an open varsity 100 meter dash in a championship meet and never cracked the Trojans’ 4x100 lineup in a championship/tournament meet either.  This is telling.

I’m a huge Carson Steele fan.  Love the way the kid plays and I made my reasons known for why I believe he ended up at Ball State above.

His “football speed” speaks for itself but if I had to categorize the strengths, his speed would not be the first thing out of my mouth.  It’s adequate but nowhere near elite.  I mean his offer list (prepare to get your feelings hurt because that’s what you do) out of high school speaks for itself.

If the kid had the strength to throw the shot put 50+ feet AND run sub 11 in the 100 (roughly high 4.5 in the 40) he would be coveted by every major college in the country…but he wasn’t.

I’ve already schooled you on Russ.  His 4.58 proves he has sub 11.0 100 meter speed were he to focus on the sport.

I don’t mind being the villain and I’m sorry the two of you have a personal connection to CG therefore you are claiming some sort of disrespect despite the fact that I’ve spoken only truths on this subject.

Mic is back on the ground.

Edited by temptation
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...