Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2023

On 6/13/2023 at 3:17 PM, TigerFan20 said:

I assume, that is what we did last year around this time 

I dropped by school last night on my evening cruise and watched the workout. As I suspected, we have a lot of depth everywhere but the trenches. I predict Memorial will be putting the ball in the air more than the last couple of years. We have some younger kids with nice size at OL/DL, but they are going to have to take some big steps this summer. The best part was seeing coach Andy Zirkelbach back in royal blue. He will be a great addition to the coaching staff. 

BTW, it is the Colts 7 on 7 in Indy this Saturday. We play East Central, Brebeuf and Beech Grove in pool play. I suppose EC will be a different animal in 7 on 7 than back in November when they lined up and ran it down our throats in the Regional. LOL.

13 hours ago, tango said:

I dropped by school last night on my evening cruise and watched the workout. As I suspected, we have a lot of depth everywhere but the trenches. I predict Memorial will be putting the ball in the air more than the last couple of years. We have some younger kids with nice size at OL/DL, but they are going to have to take some big steps this summer. The best part was seeing coach Andy Zirkelbach back in royal blue. He will be a great addition to the coaching staff. 

BTW, it is the Colts 7 on 7 in Indy this Saturday. We play East Central, Brebeuf and Beech Grove in pool play. I suppose EC will be a different animal in 7 on 7 than back in November when they lined up and ran it down our throats in the Regional. LOL.

OL/DL is going to be interesting this year and I believe there will be 2-way players in the trenches, other than that, every position should be filled by 1 different position. But, if the OL/DL materialize early, that will be great. AZ is definitely a great addition, sucks he didn’t work at a Central, but from what I heard he is a very good person. 

EC is easily the 4A favorite this year, hands down. Ringer/Burton/Brotherton are going to rip apart defenses. That Regional is going to be a blood bath depending who is in it. No idea about Brebeuf or Beech Grove teams. 

Clock is ticking for Friday Night Lights this year, SIAC is going to be fun!

Updating the SIAC D1 offer list after Jayden Hazelwood added an offer from Indiana State!

OL/DL Jayden Hazelwood (North) - 6'3" 320 lbs 

Eastern Kentucky University

Miami (OH) University

Army West Point

Indiana State University

OL/DL Harlen Summers (Reitz) - 6'4" 285 lbs

Butler University

University of Pennsylvania

Columbia University

Lindenwood University

Murray State University

Illinois State University

OL Quentin Boeke (Reitz) - 6'5" 265 lbs

Columbia University

Lindenwood University

Southern Illinois University

Indiana State University

WR/RB Antonio Harris (Castle) - 6'1” 185 lbs

Indiana State University

• Like 1

On 6/20/2023 at 8:27 AM, Football Fanatic said:

Columbia University

Lindenwood University

Indiana State University

Add Cornell to the list, just landed one earlier today

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Add Cornell to the list, just landed one earlier today

Thanks! Updating the SIAC D1 offer list after Quentin Boeke added an offer from Cornell. Also heard that he is visiting Stanford, which is pretty neat!

Miami (OH) University

Army West Point

Indiana State University

Butler University

Columbia University

Lindenwood University

Murray State University

Columbia University

Lindenwood University

Indiana State University

Cornell University

WR/RB Antonio Harris (Castle) - 6'1” 185 lbs

Indiana State University

15 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Projected Calpreps Conference Record Standings

1. Reitz 8-1

2. Memorial 7-2

3. Mater Dei 6-3

4. Castle 6-3

5. Jasper 6-3

6. North 5-4

7. Vincennes 4-5

8. Harrison 2-7

9. Bosse 1-8

10. Central 1-8

1 is a popular pick as most would expect. 8-10 is pretty predictable.

2-7 a total crap shoot.  Memorial, Castle, Jasper you can't rule out 6 or 7 wins on any given year...MD a little too high in their standings. VL should break the 5 win mark with what they return..IMO

Edited by SEAL_63
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

1 is a popular pick as most would expect. 8-10 is pretty predictable.

2-7 a total crap shoot.  Memorial, Castle, Jasper you can't rule out 6 or 7 wins on any given year...MD a little too high in their standings. VL should break the 5 win mark with what they return..IMO

I agree. Few things I thought when I saw it. Central won't get a win unless Harrison is REALLY bad. But I see Harrison with 1 win and Bosse with 2 wins. VL should be a win or two higher. North should be two wins higher, I think they are the 2nd or 3rd most talented team this year (but what will they do with it). And I don't see Reitz losing, except maybe one of their tough road games @ Castle or @ Jasper. Memorial and Mater Dei are tough reads this year. Both have good talent coming up/returning but both lose just enough key players that it's hard to tell how it will effect them.

We have another player to add to the list! Updating the SIAC D1 offer list after Benny Patterson of Castle got an offer from Indiana State!

Miami (OH) University

Army West Point

Indiana State University

Butler University

Columbia University

Lindenwood University

Murray State University

Columbia University

Lindenwood University

Indiana State University

Cornell University

WR/RB Antonio Harris (Castle) - 6'1” 185 lbs

Indiana State University

DL Benny Patterson (Castle) - 6'3” 230 lbs

Indiana State University

5 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

MasseyRating 2023 projections:

1. Castle 9-0

2. Memorial 8-1

3. Reitz 7-2

4. Mater Dei 6-3

5. Jasper 6-3

6. North 4-5

7. Vincennes 3-6

8. Harrison 2-7

9. Central 1-8

10. Bosse 0-9

This one should be a fun discussion!

Thanks for sharing. Needed a good laugh!

12 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

Thanks for sharing. Needed a good laugh!

His preseason projections are always funky, since it’s all metrics and is usually better during the season. Some fun ones I pulled from his site:

Memorial at Reitz 50/50 game (There are a lot of closes games/tossups in the SIAC)

Massey projects a rough road season for  Vincennes going 1-4

Castle runs the table in the SIAC 

Reitz loses to Jasper and Castle in away games

North loses all their away games (0-5)

Central will have 1-2 wins

Bosse goes winless, lots of very low percentages 

Harrison gets 2-3 wins

Mater Dei will struggle on the road too

Massey does like Jasper getting around 6-8 wins

Short note, his projections are looking like it will be a crazy season

14 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

His preseason projections are always funky, since it’s all metrics and is usually better during the season. Some fun ones I pulled from his site:

Memorial at Reitz 50/50 game (There are a lot of closes games/tossups in the SIAC)

Massey projects a rough road season for  Vincennes going 1-4

Castle runs the table in the SIAC 

Reitz loses to Jasper and Castle in away games

North loses all their away games (0-5)

Central will have 1-2 wins

Bosse goes winless, lots of very low percentages 

Harrison gets 2-3 wins

Mater Dei will struggle on the road too

Massey does like Jasper getting around 6-8 wins

Short note, his projections are looking like it will be a crazy season

Yeah. I guess if Reitz is going to lose at all this season, it could feasibly be one or two of those away games (at Jasper is a long trip, at Castle is on grass). But I just don't see it, they're too deep and talented. I see them repeating and making a playoff run. North losing 5 away games would be shocking with what they have. If they go 4-5 then that whole coaching staff may be on the hook. Central is not winning any games, except maybe against Harrison. I think Harrison will be worse than people think (they do not have much coming back). Bosse will win at least a game or two, as they return basically the whole team and some great athletes. I don't see any realm where Castle runs the table. If they don't lose to Reitz, I think they lose to one or two of the Memorial, Mater Dei, North group. I get that it's tough to make predictions, especially if you don't know a whole lot about the conference and who teams have coming back, but some of that seems way off.

• Like 1

We have another player to add to the list! Updating the SIAC D1 offer list after Hayden Summers of Reitz got an offer from Lindenwood!

Miami (OH) University

Army West Point

Indiana State University

WR/DB Hayden Summers (Reitz) - 6'2" 180 lbs

Lindenwood University

Butler University

Columbia University

Lindenwood University

Murray State University

Columbia University

Lindenwood University

Indiana State University

Cornell University

WR/RB Antonio Harris (Castle) - 6'1” 185 lbs

Indiana State University

DL Benny Patterson (Castle) - 6'3” 230 lbs

Indiana State University

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Sounds like Castle’s Competition Night went well yesterday 

How so?  I'll be interested to hear how our OL/DL did. That will be the fulcrum for Tiger football this year.  

From what I hear the competition was good, the teams got better, and most importantly came out healthy. All you can ask for out of a summer scrimmage. Any word on how the Castle or Boonville QB situations looked? Both have big questions to answer at that position.

I believe Reitz is scrimmaging at Gibson Southern tonight. Should be a great early test for both teams.

23 minutes ago, tango said:

How so?  I'll be interested to hear how our OL/DL did. That will be the fulcrum for Tiger football this year.  

I wasn’t there for too long, but overall, the event went well for all teams. 

I thought the OL looked fine, feels like there will be a lot of passing this year. Running game didn’t look bad, but of course, 3 new starters on the OL will take time to mold. In my opinion, once they figure it out, they will be fine. Looks like Vaughn/Carr (I think) might be switching back and forth for Center. Couldn’t tell by the numbers, but looks like Mattingly was playing LT. I also felt there was a good amount of size too. DL looked decent, but that make’s completely sense, as there will be a lot of new faces replacing talented players from last year. I thought they showed potential, but hopefully they will slowly mold overtime. Another thing I spotted there was a lot of interchangeable/2-way players on both lines.

Then again, it’s what you expect from a mid-summer scrimmage. Just finding the right players, for the right positions. I think we will have a more clear answers towards the Watermelon/Castle Scrimmage. But I am ready for some Tiger Football!

14 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

From what I hear the competition was good, the teams got better, and most importantly came out healthy. All you can ask for out of a summer scrimmage. Any word on how the Castle or Boonville QB situations looked? Both have big questions to answer at that position.

I believe Reitz is scrimmaging at Gibson Southern tonight. Should be a great early test for both teams.

Castle- Gordon

Boonville- Pierce?