Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2023

4 minutes ago, SouthernFan said:

Has anyone heard about Harrison and Bosse getting new turf this off season? Central and Reitz got it a few years ago and I think it is time to return Harrison and Bosse but I haven't heard anything about it. 

I believe Harrison, Bosse, and Castle will all be getting turf this year. Although, I cannot confirm at this time.

2 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

I believe Harrison, Bosse, and Castle will all be getting turf this year. Although, I cannot confirm at this time.

Harrison and Bosse, possibly, they and North are due for new turf. Castle, probably not because Boonville and Tecumseh would also have to get turf too (that’s what I have been told over years)

Bosse's turf has 13 seasons of wear and definitely needs to be replaced. Harrison's turf is a little newer (maybe 2011?) and gets a little less wear, so they might be able to get a few more years out of it. I guess there might be some savings having the same company do two at the same time... 

2 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Harrison and Bosse, possibly, they and North are due for new turf. Castle, probably not because Boonville and Tecumseh would also have to get turf too (that’s what I have been told over years)

Not necessarily true with the the new Superintendent, assuming he stays expect to see changes for Lidy in a few areas.

<><

• Thanks 1

I just hope he stays and does not move to Colorado, believe he can shake up what has been stagnant for a while.  Popcorn doesn’t sit long enough at Lidy to qualify for stagnation so I think we are good there.

<><

Edited by Stickfish

Answering questions regarding the VL roster from the other thread....

Lincoln actually graduated 2 seniors from their secondary...and pass defense was without a doubt the weakness of the '22 squad, especially late in the season. That's something they are going to have to shore up if they hope to reach the upper tier of the conference. They do return the entire front seven including guys like Keller, Hambrick, and Patton.

Offensively they return 6, and you could even say 7 depending on the formation. The O-line graduated a couple good seniors but returns Daniel Nash who was arguably the best of the group. McCrary returns at RB (Jackson Johnson was the listed starter in '22 but split carries). Receiver is where Lincoln will have to develop some younger guys at all 3 spots. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been quiet in here for a bit. Any new scoops or thoughts?

I see some area players have been playing together on various 7on7 travel teams which is really cool to see, despite the bad rap it gets sometimes. I also see many area players attending camps and getting extra work or exposure which is also encouraging to see. 

21 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

Been quiet in here for a bit. Any new scoops or thoughts?

I see some area players have been playing together on various 7on7 travel teams which is really cool to see, despite the bad rap it gets sometimes. I also see many area players attending camps and getting extra work or exposure which is also encouraging to see. 

Seems like February-March is in a dull area in terms of talk. Everything should slowly kick into gear around Mid-April and unofficially practices are beginning around Late May. 

Edited by TigerFan20

2 hours ago, Screagle said:

Any idea of schools being considered or offers on the table? Seems late in the process. 

Been already mentioned, but UT-Martin and UIndy are the ones I know. Wisconsin showed some interest before the 2021 2A State Championship (If I remembered it correctly). I try my best to keep up date for SIAC recruiting.

5 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

I saw that the Reitz’s starting center, Quentin Boeke, landed a D1 offer from Lindenwood. With his size, I will not be surprised to see more headed towards to him, that team is loaded with seniors.

Just saw that. Also their LT Harlen Summers got one from Lindenwood too.  Both big athletic linemen. I’d imagine they get even a bit bigger this season. Surely they’ll get more D1 looks. Probably a few more of their players too in that class.  Love to see the SIAC players getting college looks! 

• Like 1

With the success last year of the Reitz football team and now the basketball team. It feels like Reitz is about to go on a big run. The “transfer portal” will be buzzing straight to the west side. It feels like it’s going to be Panthers then everyone else. 

48 minutes ago, Evansville50 said:

With the success last year of the Reitz football team and now the basketball team. It feels like Reitz is about to go on a big run. The “transfer portal” will be buzzing straight to the west side. It feels like it’s going to be Panthers then everyone else. 

Good year to be decent in hoops. SIAC looked like a 2nd tier basketball league in SW Indiana. Jury still out on football after getting boat raced by Boonville when it mattered the most.  JMO. This reply could age poorly but I’m taking the field ( top half of siac ) to be right there.  

The new scholarship packages at MD and  Memorial include lots of NIL money opportunities. 

1 hour ago, Screagle said:

Good year to be decent in hoops. SIAC looked like a 2nd tier basketball league in SW Indiana. Jury still out on football after getting boat raced by Boonville when it mattered the most.  JMO. This reply could age poorly but I’m taking the field ( top half of siac ) to be right there.  

The new scholarship packages at MD and  Memorial include lots of NIL money opportunities. 

MD and Memorial will be less effected. Teams like Central, Bosse , and Harrison who are already struggling in football but could depend on at least having “basketball player athletes” for football could fall further behind.  If those kids all end up on the hill. Line play is already an issue now if the skills leave it’s trouble. It hurts the strength of SIAC as a whole.

Edited by Evansville50
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Evansville50 said:

MD and Memorial will be less effected. Teams like Central, Bosse , and Harrison who are already struggling in football but could depend on at least having “basketball player athletes” for football could fall further behind.  If those kids all end up on the hill. Line play is already an issue now if the skills leave it’s trouble. It hurts the strength of SIAC as a whole.

Can’t blame kids for finding the right fit. I think the talented freshman basketball player starting at Reitz is a kid that went to McGary. I’m hearing The Reverend Brooks is doing “Gods Work” and helping a few talented kids find that right fit. 😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Screagle said:

Can’t blame kids for finding the right fit. I think the talented freshman basketball player starting at Reitz is a kid that went to McGary. I’m hearing The Reverend Brooks is doing “Gods Work” and helping a few talented kids find that right fit. 😂

Their incoming forward is a 6’7 8th grader and a hell of a receiver. Reitz is going to have the some dudes over the next couple of seasons 

Edited by TigerFan20