Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Harbaugh’s Hands Caught in Cookie Jar

Bash Riprock

27 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Yep.  Addressed this above.

It’d be unprecedented.

I just hope we can beat the mighty Boilermakers without our sign guy, and now that they have changed all of their signals…

Obviously that’s been the difference in the first 8 games…not the fact that Michigan has 16 draft picks on its roster.

Edited by temptation

55 minutes ago, temptation said:

Yep.  Addressed this above.

It’d be unprecedented.

I just hope we can beat the mighty Boilermakers without our sign guy, and now that they have changed all of their signals…

Obviously that’s been the difference in the first 8 games…not the fact that Michigan has 16 draft picks on its roster.

No doubt…

so why do this?  They didn’t need to break the rules 

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Can you show me exactly what rule they broke?

Well of course nothing….Big 10 coaches seeking his punishment because they like picking on him……it was good development for TCU to be forced to change up their signs. 

C’mon…this has been covered at length. Go back and read the many links and watch the videos. 

7 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Well of course nothing….Big 10 coaches seeking his punishment because they like picking on him……it was good development for TCU to be forced to change up their signs. 

C’mon…this has been covered at length. Go back and read the many links and watch the videos. 

NCAA is in record stating UM broke the “spirit of the rule” when it comes to advanced scouting.  That’s it.

Now, if it’s eventually proven Stalions was on the sideline in East Landing, we will revisit things.

Glad Purdue switched up their signs tonight…might break 200 yards of offense once Michigan subs in its 3s and 4s.

Edited by temptation

8 hours ago, temptation said:

NCAA is in record stating UM broke the “spirit of the rule” when it comes to advanced scouting.  That’s it.

Now, if it’s eventually proven Stalions was on the sideline in East Landing, we will revisit things.

Glad Purdue switched up their signs tonight…might break 200 yards of offense once Michigan subs in its 3s and 4s.

I think you know what the NCAA’s focus is.  Stalions or anyone else does not have to be on any  sideline to be in violation. 

A source confirmed to ESPN that in-person scouting is the focus of the NCAA investigation.

If true, the Wolverines would have violated NCAA Bylaw 11.6.1, which states: "Off-campus, in-person scouting of future opponents (in the same season) is prohibited."

37 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I think you know what the NCAA’s focus is.  Stalions or anyone else does not have to be on any  sideline to be in violation. 

A source confirmed to ESPN that in-person scouting is the focus of the NCAA investigation.

If true, the Wolverines would have violated NCAA Bylaw 11.6.1, which states: "Off-campus, in-person scouting of future opponents (in the same season) is prohibited."

The NCAA focus is Harbaugh, plain and simple.

11.6.1 pertains to staff…gray area…hence “in person.”

1 hour ago, temptation said:

The NCAA focus is Harbaugh, plain and simple.

11.6.1 pertains to staff…gray area…hence “in person.”

There you go…heck with the rules designed for fair play. Jimmy is purely a victim. NCAA and his Big 10 peers are just being unfair!!! 🙄🤪😆

21 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Speaking of making yourself a victim…Walters better not burn too many bridges…Michigan may need a new DC once Minter leaves and Walters is canned after three seasons…

Edited by temptation

6 minutes ago, temptation said:

Speaking of making yourself a victim…Walters better not burn too many bridges…Michigan may need a new DC once Minter leaves and Walters is canned after three seasons…

Yea…expecting integrity from your peers  definitely burning bridges. Pathetic. 

https://www.on3.com/news/jim-harbaugh-ryan-walters-handshake-postgame-typical-michigan-purdue-sign-stealing-allegations-new-language/

IMG_5940.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Furthermore, Walters is also a hypocrite because in a recent anonymous coaches call, 11 of 14 Big Ten coaching staffs admitted they had a “sign guy” and that they regularly convened on Sundays after games to trade signals for opposing conference teams…much more nefarious than iPhone videos from a third party in my opinion…but keep dragging Michigan through the mud and pretending they are the only dirty ones in the business because they found a loophole in the NCAA by-laws.

In fact, Michigan did not huddle regularly for the first 10 games of the season last year but did so in week 11 against Illinois because they knew Illinois had their signs…who was the DC on that Illinois squad?  Ryan Walters.

Michigan scored 17 points that day…by far their lowest output of the year.

Spare me the nonsense.  You still believe in Santa I assume?

13 minutes ago, temptation said:

Furthermore, Walters is also a hypocrite because in a recent anonymous coaches call, 11 of 14 Big Ten coaching staffs admitted they had a “sign guy” and that they regularly convened on Sundays after games to trade signals for opposing conference teams…much more nefarious than iPhone videos from a third party in my opinion…but keep dragging Michigan through the mud and pretending they are the only dirty ones in the business because they found a loophole in the NCAA by-laws.

In fact, Michigan did not huddle regularly for the first 10 games of the season last year but did so in week 11 against Illinois because they knew Illinois had their signs…who was the DC on that Illinois squad?  Ryan Walters.

Michigan scored 17 points that day…by far their lowest output of the year.

Spare me the nonsense.  You still believe in Santa I assume?

The rules are written for a reason. Unless Walters and TCU’s staff are blatantly lying, the rules were broken. I provided you the rules, and the video evidence Purdue claims to have. Harbaugh has lost the respect of his coaching fraternity. Worse yet, this is all coming off Michigan suspending him for the first 3 games of the season for other rules violations. 

I don’t like or dislike Michigan. I just dislike cheating and don’t respect those who justify it. 

Done going down this hole with you. 

35 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

The rules are written for a reason. Unless Walters and TCU’s staff are blatantly lying, the rules were broken. I provided you the rules, and the video evidence Purdue claims to have. Harbaugh has lost the respect of his coaching fraternity. Worse yet, this is all coming off Michigan suspending him for the first 3 games of the season for other rules violations. 

I don’t like or dislike Michigan. I just dislike cheating and don’t respect those who justify it. 

Done going down this hole with you. 

Weak.  A lot of people are “claiming” to have evidence now because it justifies them getting trucked by Michigan.

If I am James Franklin/Ryan Day and am fresh off of ass beatings and my job is in jeopardy, of course I am going to point the finger and say “but look, they are cheating.”  If the evidence shows STALIONS, or another Michigan staffer doing the recording themselves, I’ll concede.  Even then, it’s a level 3 violation however.

The speed limit is also a “rule” that is broken daily and I could give many more examples.

The irony in this whole thing is that if you connect the dots here, many of the same coaches who are “outraged” about Michigan’s practices also have a sign guy and their sign guy likely RELIED on Stalions to help them out weekly!!!

Spare me the victimization.

• Disdain 1

9 minutes ago, temptation said:

Weak.  A lot of people are “claiming” to have evidence now because it justifies them getting trucked by Michigan.

If I am James Franklin/Ryan Day and am fresh off of ass beatings and my job is in jeopardy, of course I am going to point the finger and say “but look, they are cheating.”  If the evidence shows STALIONS, or another Michigan staffer doing the recording themselves, I’ll concede.  Even then, it’s a level 3 violation however.

The speed limit is also a “rule” that is broken daily and I could give many more examples.

The irony in this whole thing is that if you connect the dots here, many of the same coaches who are “outraged” about Michigan’s practices also have a sign guy and their sign guy likely RELIED on Stalions to help them out weekly!!!

Spare me the victimization.

Let's see, Temp picking the cheating Cathedral over Ben Davis and he siding with cheating Michigan. Temp has definitely gone over to the dark side!

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, temptation said:

You just can’t quit this thread…

Buckle up folks, gonna be an interesting week leading up to Saturday.

Quit my OWN thread?  How about you just shut up and leave if you don't like my posts?

Getting a reaction from you is like fishing with dynamite.  Its truly not fair.

10 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Quit my OWN thread?  How about you just shut up and leave if you don't like my posts?

Getting a reaction from you is like fishing with dynamite.  Its truly not fair.

Just seems like a lot of posts/nonsense about a program/coach you don't like/dislike either way...you have stated that multiple times.

If you are fishing with dynamite I guess that means I am walking a puppy with dog treats in my pocket.

Guess UM heard from the Big 10 Saturday and has until Weds to respond.....looks like they are saying Harbaugh not linked to the scandal.  Looks like they have their scapegoat with Scalions...note reference below that Stalions is believed to have used up to 65 associates to scout games.  Will be interesting if we ever learned who was directing and funding him in these efforts.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/2023/11/06/michigan-big-ten-disciplinary-action-sign-stealing/71474290007/

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-ncaa-revealed-michigan-findings-to-big-ten-conference-mulling-jim-harbaugh-suspension-212327599.html'

Big Ten commissioner Tony Petitti’s pursuit of potential penalties against Harbaugh is the latest chapter in an ongoing saga that has gripped the college football world. Michigan, 9-0 and No. 3 in the College Football Playoff rankings, travels to Penn State on Saturday for a top-10 meeting in what will be, by far, the Wolverines’ toughest test of the year so far.

Michigan athletic director Warde Manuel is skipping out on his duties with the College Football Playoff committee this week so he can focus on the school's response to the investigation.

Michigan’s sign-stealing scheme, reported first on Oct. 19 by Yahoo Sports, is believed to be an elaborate multi-year endeavor to scout and record opponents’ play-call signals. At the center of the scheme is a former low-level analyst, Connor Stalions, who failed to cooperate with NCAA investigators last week and was dismissed, according to sources. The school announced Friday that he resigned.

Stalions is believed to have used as many as 65 associates to scout games, sources tell Yahoo Sports. While sign-stealing is not against NCAA rules, scouting a future opponent’s game is, as well as using recording devices to document signals.

In just his eighth month as commissioner, Petitti has faced internal pressure from league coaches and administrators to take action against the Wolverines before the NCAA investigation has completed. The organization, only in the third week of its investigation, is treating this probe differently, accelerating matters as well as sharing information with the conference.