Elkhart at Massillon Washington (Ohio), 7 pm
Morton at Penn, 7:30 pm
Glenn at Jimtown ©, 7 pm
Marian at New Prairie ©, 7:30 pm
Riley at Clay ©, 7 pm
St. Joseph at Adams ©, 7 pm
Washington at Calumet, 8 pm

Bremen and Triton not sure what to think

Elkhart is making the long ride to Massillion, Ohio to play at that famous venue

Penn recovers from Cathedral by playing Morton, which battled Elkhart but still not sure about the Lions

New Prairie welcomes Marian coming off a tough game with Brebeuf

Glenn-Jimtown could be interesting

Riley goes to Clay after a big rivalry game as the Colonials look for that win

St Joe visit School Field and Adams in another neighborhood battle.  Always an interesting game.  After 2 not competitive games see how St Joe reacts.  Adams coming off hard fought game with Riley

Washington at Calumet - well, both teams struggling 0-3 v.s. 1-2.  Calumet beat a weak EC Central  WHS has scored only 19 pts in 3 games 

Bremen at Triton - This one seems like its going to be a close game. Lions by a hair?

Elkhart at Massillon Washington (Ohio) - No idea how Massillon is on the field (I'm assuming they have a good ball team this year). But man that is quite a stadium Elkhart gets the privilege to play in. Seats nearly 17,000 ranked as #10 best high school stadiums according to ESPN. Neat experience. 

Morton at Penn - Penn easily in this one. 

Glenn at Jimtown - The Jimmies finally play someone close to their competition level. Going to be a good one, I think the Falcons get it done though

Marian at New Prairie - Marian played BJ better than expected. NP absolutely crushed Lowell. NP is looking like the team they've been the past few years. NP wins this one rather easily. 

Riley at Clay - Riley big. Riley has the weakest schedule imaginable the next 3 weeks. They will be 6-0 heading into their matchup with NP, I'm sure it's circled on the calendar. 

St. Joseph at Adams - 2 question mark teams that will probably leave more question marks after this one. I'm taking the Indians though

Washington at Calumet - Washington is doing their best Clay impression. Calumet beats the Panthers. What's going on in the West Side? 

4 hours ago, npcougar15 said:

Elkhart at Massillon Washington (Ohio) - No idea how Massillon is on the field (I'm assuming they have a good ball team this year). But man that is quite a stadium Elkhart gets the privilege to play in. Seats nearly 17,000 ranked as #10 best high school stadiums according to ESPN. Neat experience. 

Played there in high school. Awesome place then. I can only imagine what it’s like now.

Massillon Washington is 3-0. According to Maxpreps, they are the #4 team in the Cleveland Metropolitan area, and the #3 team in Ohio Div. II. Calpreps Project A Matchup:

neutral field
[2023] Washington (Massillon, OH) 62 (>99%), [2023] Elkhart (IN) 3 (<1%)

Would be nice if Elkhart could soften up the Tigers. The mighty, mighty Eagles of St. Edward come calling the week after.

Edited by Bobref

Bremen at Triton- Bremen has to find success on the ground early to force Triton to tighten up their Defense. Seems like both teams took hits to their run game this year. Lions in a battle 22-21
Elkhart at Massillon Washington-  One things for sure Coach Shattuck has opened up the season 2-0. Massillon Washington's QB looks like he's going to cause the Loins some headaches. MW 34 Elkhart 14
Morton at Penn- Does Morton have the fire power to keep it close? Or was Elkhart Defense just that bad....Penn 42 Morton 17
Glenn at Jimtown,  Jimtown's front 7 is a little more disciplined and athletic then Anogola. Can Glenn score early and keep the game close going into half time. Jimton chews the clock in this one 21-7
Marian at New Prairie- Still not convinced about NP this season. NP 28- Marian 21
Riley at Clay- Watched the replay on 46 from Friday night. Riley seemed to have some missed opportunities early on and couldn't capitalize. Riley cleans up the mistakes and runs away with this one 50-0.
St. Joseph at Adams has to find a way to slow SJ's passing game. If they struggle to run the ball like they did this week. It could get ugly by the 3rd quarter. SJ 21 Adams 14
Washington at Calumet- Panthers are in trouble. said it all last week. 

Bremen vs Triton- don’t know much about either team but I’ll take the lions by 6

Elkhart vs Massillon Washington-  I haven’t been impressed with the lions the past couple of years. 

Penn vs Morton- the kingsmen bounce back and win by 28+

Glenn vs Jimtown- Jimmies take care of business by 17

Marian vs New Prairie- the Cougars will continue to improve each week and should have no problems in this one. Np by 21

Riley vs Clay- Riley’s JV should get some good field time. 35+

St Joe vs Adams- I haven’t heard much about the Indians yet but they seem to be improving over the last few years. St Joe by 14

Washington vs Calumet- by 35+

18 hours ago, Bucksweep22 said:

Marian at New Prairie- Still not convinced about NP this season. NP 28- Marian 21

It's warranted. The Laporte game is still baffling, but looking back NP had a few key players out, made a few big mistakes, and just didn't get any breaks. Credit Laporte for coming out inspired, playing perfect football, and making big-time plays when they needed too. Sometimes game like that happen. But the last couple of weeks the NP offense has scored touchdowns on 11 of their last 14 possessions with their #1s in. Defense has allowed 1 touchdown in the last 9 quarters (Lowell's TD was a kick-off return) and overall have looked pretty good. I was concerned after week 1 but this team is looking more like the  2021 & 2022 teams as of late. 

19 hours ago, Bucksweep22 said:

Elkhart at Massillon Washington-  One things for sure Coach Shattuck has opened up the season 2-0. Massillon Washington's QB looks like he's going to cause the Loins some headaches. MW 34 Elkhart 14

I don't think Coach Shattuck is at Elkhart any longer.  Their current coach is  Romison Saint-Louis.

Edited by gindie

St Joe beat Adams 46-7.  This team is playing better but we will see how much they have grown the next 3 weeks.. New Priairie comes to Fr. By Field next Friday night.  I just want to see if the fist 4 games and the quality of the opponent stands up with the Cougars

See Elkhart took in on the chin 55-0 to Massilon.  Not sure why they scheduled that one

Riley 76  Clay 0  really?

7 hours ago, ASJCPUMA said:

Riley 76  Clay 0  really?.......Are you shocked? The score was 50-0 13 minutes into the game. Riley ran back the opening kick off and it was down hill for clay from there. Seemed like Riley kept it between the guards and even had younger guys in to start the game.

3 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

There is a legit reasons why Jimtown, Glenn, and Bremen is not playing Clay this year. 

Only reason they are not playing them is because Clay didn't even know if they would be able to field a team and no one wanted to be out a game. Lets not act like Jimtown didn't just play Osceola Grace.

Sloppy win for NP last night. Too many penalties and starting drives 1st and 20 isn't going to get it done in the playoffs. One interesting play that happened was with 15 seconds left in the first half NP caught a pass but didn't get out of bounds with no timeouts. NP then has a mad scramble to get the field goal team on and try to attempt a kick, there were kids running around everywhere, they snap the ball with 2 seconds left in the middle of the chaos, but penalty flags fly everywhere for either "too many men on the field" or "false start". This stops the clock. they move the ball back 5 yards which allows NP to get organized. NP then snaps it right when they start the clock again and kicks a 35 yard field goal right before the half.