Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Heritage Hills at Gibson Southern

You want something from us?  Really I don't have much but here is what I think.  I think that as good as our defense has been this year, they will have to play better than they have all year to win this game.  As far as offense goes, we MUST score 28 if we are going to have any hope to win, maybe 35.  We MUST play better than we have all season, if this doesn't happen we will get torched.

Here is what I know, we have to find a consistent offense that can move the ball.  Rely too much on Jett to make a big play or two, again, we will get torched.  Jett can pull something crazy out and end up in the end zone (just a day at the office for him), but that won't work more than a time or two.  We have a few athletes that can pull off big plays, but against GS you only get 1 or 2 of those, if you are lucky.  It must be a consistent moving of the ball, which did not happen against North Posey.

LINE PLAY.  It will be the line....how will be compete snap after snap at the line.....

Brody Klem--homicidal maniac, he will want a piece of Jett, all night long and he will be a problem to deal with.  Great kid by the way.

On 9/18/2023 at 12:30 PM, GS54 said:

This game is a coin flip to me. Glad its at our place for sure.  The Pats seem to be back playing the brand of football from the past.

LOL, if this is the case, you are losing by 100.  How's that for shots fired?

7 minutes ago, GS54 said:

I don't know if either team scores 28 in this one.

I think you are wrong, but I REALLY  hope you are right!

I'm all kinds of confused.  I was ready to post about this being a great preview of a sectional championship.. but a rematch wouldn't happen until Semi-State?? I completely missed that change to 3A.  It's like Brownstown and Lawrenceburg from 16-17, but in reverse.

Should be a good game and I would expect a great atmosphere.   

1 hour ago, oldtimeqb said:

I'm all kinds of confused.  I was ready to post about this being a great preview of a sectional championship.. but a rematch wouldn't happen until Semi-State?? I completely missed that change to 3A.  It's like Brownstown and Lawrenceburg from 16-17, but in reverse.

Should be a good game and I would expect a great atmosphere.   

That is correct.

GS in 30, HH in 32.

51 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

I'll say again, I hope you guys are right about the low scoring game.  I really feel like we will need to score a minimum of 28 if we have a shot.  

If we can keep it low, we will have quite a game I believe.

I believe that our defense is more stout than NP's...but that and a dollar won't buy a choca-moca-bullsh!t at Starbucks.

Edited by Titan32
  • Haha 2

Titan Numbers

3- Consecutive PAC Large School championships for the Titans.  Their lost conference loss was September 27, 2019 at Heritage Hills.

5- Consecutive wins over Rival Heritage Hills.

63- Combined Solo and assisted tackles for Beau Rose which ranks second in class 3A.

19- Consecutive extra points converted by Cam Novotny.

276- Rushing yards in last Friday’s win over Southridge.  Both Sean DeLong (142) and Tanner Boyd (104) eclipsed the 100 yard mark.

12- The Titan defense accounted for 12 tackles for a loss in last Friday’s win over Southridge.

11- Different Titans have caught a pass this season.

1225- Yards of total offense for quarterback Tanner Boyd (807 passing, 418 rushing).

53 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I believe that our defense is more stout than NP's...but that and a dollar won't buy a choca-moca-bullsh!t at Starbucks.

This is exactly my issue with this game.  There is no doubt that GS defense is stouter than NP.  Goes back to my comment about our consistent need for offense.  

23 minutes ago, Rodney said:

I believe in HH

not that it matters come November. Chatard gonna roll eitherofem 

I'm glad somebody believes in us.  I do.

And your second statement may be true, but we would love our opportunity to play them.  And hey, we have beat them before....

5 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

I'm glad somebody believes in us.  I do.

And your second statement may be true, but we would love our opportunity to play them.  And hey, we have beat them before....

Don’t kid yourself, a couple of media stations said GS face a next to impossible task this week against HH

21 minutes ago, The Ghost said:

Don’t kid yourself, a couple of media stations said GS face a next to impossible task this week against HH

99.9% of the time the media has no idea what it is talking about and this is obviously one of those times.  I recognize you are being sarcastic...I am well versed in that, but again, we must play our very best football to compete here.  

Heritage Hills 31, Gibson Southern 28

(injury timeouts)

Kidding... Gibson Southern 31, Heritage Hills 28 - What a game. Gibson is a great team and could have run away with this one, but Heritage Hills strung some drives together late and kept it interesting. Bravo. Heritage Hills pulled a FG left just a few feet in Q2 that would have pushed this into OT. Gibson will put up at least six TDs on everyone until deep in the tourney. Some terrific football being played in SW Indiana right now. DeLong, Novotny and the Titans offense is just scary at the 3A level!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Gibson Southern 31, Heritage Hills 28 - What a game. Gibson is a great team and could have run away with this one, but Heritage Hills strung some drives together late and kept it interesting.

Gotta remind those blasted kids being up 31-14 in the 4th with a little bit of time left on the clock, doesn’t mean the opposing team is just gonna watch the time run out. Lol

Jett is going to be fun to watch the next couple years. Very talented kid. With that being said whoever the idiots are that are (coaching or instructing) this kid to tackle/spear with his head should be ashamed. He could have bright future after high school. Kids got a cannon and the accuracy will be there down the road. 

2 hours ago, TitanFootball said:

Gotta remind those blasted kids being up 31-14 in the 4th with a little bit of time left on the clock, doesn’t mean the opposing team is just gonna watch the time run out. Lol

Jett is going to be fun to watch the next couple years. Very talented kid. With that being said whoever the idiots are that are (coaching or instructing) this kid to tackle/spear with his head should be ashamed. He could have bright future after high school. Kids got a cannon and the accuracy will be there down the road. 

More points than I expected in this game.  Was a great game to watch.  I didn’t see what you’re referring to

• Haha 1