Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

sac week 7

I said several months ago that splitting the SAC into two division was not a good idea, also stated Luers has the easiest route to the title.  This system needs tweaked, or the SAC needs to split into two new conferences. 

Dwenger lost that game.

Down the ball, kick the field goal. Three turnovers killed them. 

15 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

If and ONLY "IF" the athletes that are roaming the stands on Friday nights can be lured to the gridiron rather than TRACK/Basketball ....  They can be.  It's sad to know the talent that is in the stands every week that is not being 'tapped'.  

I’ve been saying that for years and years and it does not translate to the field in football.

6 hours ago, Mebuck said:

I said several months ago that splitting the SAC into two division was not a good idea, also stated Luers has the easiest route to the title.  This system needs tweaked, or the SAC needs to split into two new conferences. 

Dwenger lost that game.

This is why the call for changes with leadership at Dwenger continue to get louder and louder

23 hours ago, Mebuck said:

Dwenger lost that game.

So is Luers finish with one lose and Snider has one loss, they share the bell and league championship. 

3 hours ago, psaboy said:

So is Luers finish with one lose and Snider has one loss, they share the bell and league championship. 

Technically correct, I believe.  

But (after listening to 1380).  There seems to be some sort of other parameters that they are using to further 'define' who actually gets the Bell.

You would have thought that the SAC could have come up with a better calculation than just 'wins'.   Without a cross-over game that involves the teams at the top.  Why not just take a POLL and name a winner?   Kinda like the AP/Coaches of the NCAA prior to a National Championship series.  

4 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

Technically correct, I believe.  

But (after listening to 1380).  There seems to be some sort of other parameters that they are using to further 'define' who actually gets the Bell.

You would have thought that the SAC could have come up with a better calculation than just 'wins'.   Without a cross-over game that involves the teams at the top.  Why not just take a POLL and name a winner?   Kinda like the AP/Coaches of the NCAA prior to a National Championship series.  

Still think they need a "champion/playoff week, last week of season. 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, etc per each division. Regular season you play the other four in your division, have two cross over games into other division, two OOC games then champion week. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mebuck said:

Talked to a former Luers guy the other day. He said it is not Luers fault they got an easy road to the title. He is right.

But it still needs tweaked.

Yes let's tweak it so the smallest school in the conference can't win or share the conference crown.

The big schools wanted this system, Luers shared the title two years ago playing both Snider and Carroll.

2 hours ago, jakone said:

Yes let's tweak it so the smallest school in the conference can't win or share the conference crown.

The big schools wanted this system, Luers shared the title two years ago playing both Snider and Carroll.

How do you think Luers would do against Snider and Carroll this year? 

35 minutes ago, BTF said:

How do you think Luers would do against Snider and Carroll this year? 

Not as good as they did the year before. I don't believe in transitive property but Luers beat Dwenger who beat Homestead who beat Snider.

11 hours ago, jakone said:

Not as good as they did the year before. I don't believe in transitive property but Luers beat Dwenger who beat Homestead who beat Snider.

I'm neither here nor there on the term. But here goes:

Snider and Carroll are a lot better than they were two years ago. Bishop Luers not so much. Seeing what transpired in Weeks 1 & 2, I can only imagine how a showdown with Luers vs Snider or Carroll would go. 

At the end of the day, it's not the Knights fault the new system was made the way it was. Bottom line: If you want to call yourself SAC champs, you better run the table with no "off" weeks. 

5 hours ago, BTF said:

I'm neither here nor there on the term. But here goes:

Snider and Carroll are a lot better than they were two years ago. Bishop Luers not so much. Seeing what transpired in Weeks 1 & 2, I can only imagine how a showdown with Luers vs Snider or Carroll would go. 

At the end of the day, it's not the Knights fault the new system was made the way it was. Bottom line: If you want to call yourself SAC champs, you better run the table with no "off" weeks. 

Wayne did ok at Carroll.

1 hour ago, jakone said:

Wayne did ok at Carroll.

It was pretty evident that Snider and Carroll had off weeks coming off of their big game. 

The red flag for Luers is their blowout losses to East Noble and New Haven. Red flag meaning that this isn't one of their state championship caliber years. I have a ton of respect for the Knights, one of the best programs in the state. But this isn't their year to claim SAC supremacy. They'd potentially get mercy ruled by both Snider and Carroll. No matter how you slice it, they aren't the best team in the SAC, not even close. 

Transitive Property: East Noble 45, Luers 7.  Snider 45, East Noble 28.........was 42-14 at one point. No one is saying that Luers didn't earn the SAC title. They did what they had to do and got the job done. But to place them on the same level and Snider and Carroll is utterly absurd.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1