Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HNAC Sectionals

1 hour ago, littledog said:

The rain dances have already started in Starke county. 🤣

You can dance until the cows come home in Starke County if you want to.  We don't care one bit if it's raining over there!!  We just want it dry in Bourbon!  😉  Ha!

1 hour ago, Oldschool said:

Ha!  At least the field should be in good shape!

I don't think the Trojans have played a wet home game yet this year.  The field is in great shape for late October!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, FinePrint said:

You can dance until the cows come home in Starke County if you want to.  We don't care one bit if it's raining over there!!  We just want it dry in Bourbon!  😉  Ha!

I don't think the Trojans have played a wet home game yet this year.  The field is in great shape for late October!

That field hasn’t been played on in a month 

On 10/23/2023 at 7:44 AM, FinePrint said:

Sectional Semi-finals this week.  Who you got?

West Noble at Knox, 7:30 pm
LaVille at Whiting, 8 pm
South Newton at North Judson, 8 pm
Triton at Culver, 7 pm
Caston at Carroll, 7 pm

Alrighty . . .  Here's my two cents for the semifinal round:

Knox playing at home. Redskins having a year!  KNOX

Long trip for the Lancers.  They'll shake off the bus-lagg with a dominating victory.  LAVILLE

NJSP should have no problem in this one.

TROJANS take this one over their HNAC rival.

CARROLL wins

Stay healthy!

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

1 minute ago, FinePrint said:

The Knox / West Noble game is the only one that should have any drama.  Interesting that we're all picking Knox.  Is that because we're all HNAC homers?  Or is Knox really that much of a favorite?

With Knox at home, they are about an 8-9 pt. favorite, according to Sagarin.

25 minutes ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Looks like Laville controlled the game?

That's along ride for Laville and the game might have been just a little longer if the clock was running at some point in the 2nd Half.

Were you at the game last night mumm6866?

I wasn’t at the game but my dad helps coach. He been the Junior High Coach for 26 years there.

From what I gathered it was 37-0 at halftime so it would seem running clock whole 2nd half and also looked like backups played whole 4th for most part.

Rematches across the board for Sectional Titles

Knox John Glenn  37-8 Knox

Laville Bremen  17-10 Laville

Triton Judson  40-7 Triton 

like to see a Laville LCC regional 

How is the health of everyone?

I know Wilcox did not play last night for Judson.  

Edited by RingLeader

2 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Looks like Laville controlled the game?

That's along ride for Laville and the game might have been just a little longer if the clock was running at some point in the 2nd Half.

Were you at the game last night mumm6866?

Running clock start of second half.  Varsity played the first series on O and D second half then it was JV rest of 3rd and all of 4th. JV scored twice I believe.  Gotta say how sweet the Whiting facilities were.  Never had been before, and I was impressed.  Cool town.  It was crappy that the visitors had so many more fans in attendance making the long drive over the home team.  In the end this is high school football and they should have had some home team support.  Whiting had heart and top notch sportsmanship.  LV is healthy and ready for the Championship.  

3 hours ago, mumm6866 said:

I wasn’t at the game but my dad helps coach. He been the Junior High Coach for 26 years there.

From what I gathered it was 37-0 at halftime so it would seem running clock whole 2nd half and also looked like backups played whole 4th for most part.

44 - 0 at halftime. JV played the entire 2nd half with a running clock. 

Alright Everyone . . . 

On to the hardware round of the IHSAA State Football Tournament!

Congrats to Knox, LaVille, North Judson, and Triton - all among the 16 taams left in their respective Class!

The sectional championship pairings are:

John Glenn at Knox, Community Field, Knox HS, 7 p.m.

*Knox beat JG 37-8, Sept 15 at Knox

Bremen at LaVille, Lancer Field, LaVille HS, 7 p.m.

*LaVille beat Bremen 17-10 Aug 18 at Bremen

North Judson at Triton, Triton HS, 7:30 p.m.

*Triton beat NJSP 40-7, Sept 29 at Triton

-> Do those early season or mid september games mean anything?

-> Is everbody healthy?

-> Teams have their typical play makers.  What are the difference makers Friday night?

What Say You?

from_the_sidelines007

56 minutes ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Alright Everyone . . . 

Congrats to Knox, LaVille, North Judson, and Triton - all among the 16 taams left in their respective Class!

-> Is everbody healthy?

-> Teams have their typical play makers.  What are the difference makers Friday night?

What Say You?

from_the_sidelines007

Wish I’d thought of that 

2 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Alright Everyone . . . 

-> Is everbody healthy?

What Say You?

from_the_sidelines007

I think Knox bullies John Glenn again. I just don't think Glenn has the size to win the battle in the trenches and Knox will make you pay in that respect. 

LaVille is a much different team than they were in week 1. I know you can say that for all teams at this point, but I think the Lancers win and they win by a much bigger margin this time. 

The score for the first Triton vs NJSP still baffles me. I know Judson struggles against the pass, but the weather this time of year can really affect the pass game. Especially on natural grass. I think Judson wins this time around. 

Those are my thoughts. 

On 10/28/2023 at 5:47 PM, Lancernation said:

Running clock start of second half.  Varsity played the first series on O and D second half then it was JV rest of 3rd and all of 4th. JV scored twice I believe.  Gotta say how sweet the Whiting facilities were.  Never had been before, and I was impressed.  Cool town.  It was crappy that the visitors had so many more fans in attendance making the long drive over the home team.  In the end this is high school football and they should have had some home team support.  Whiting had heart and top notch sportsmanship.  LV is healthy and ready for the Championship.  

Culver played over there a couple of times when Whiting was 1A. Their fan support was pretty strong back then. Their facilities were cool with a turf field (rare in 1A) and you could actually see the lake and downtown Chicago from the stands. A railroad track ran by the field with trains going by every so often. Definitely a memorable place to play! 

Edited by AubbeenaubbeeCav
  • Like 1

Glenn at Knox

The Falcons have been a mystery this year. They have had a couple of games that have been head scratchers, but nonetheless, this game should be better than the last. Knox was tested pretty well against West Noble. I am interested to see how healthy they are after that test. I can see it going either way, but ultimately, Knox is the better of the 2 teams. Knox 35 Glenn 31 

Bremen at LaVille

You know how that Pioneer's field is called "The Pit" and that it was notoriously known for being one of the worst fields in the state? Yeah. Lancer Field should take the #1 one spot. Both teams are going to be impacted by the poor field conditions. I am not sure if they are considering moving to Plymouth or someplace like that, but I can only imagine that LaVille's field is going to be like walking into a quick sand pit after all of the rain we have had and potentially will have more at some point this week. Either way, I think Bremen will be more affected by the conditions of the field which makes LaVille's chances better. LaVille 21 Bremen 18 

North Judson at Triton 

I have always thought that after the first couple of years between these 2 teams that this game would turn into a really good rivalry. Both teams have played each other 11 times over the last 8 years and will be the second sectional championship game between the 2. I think the 2 key difference between these 2 teams is depth and speed. That was what I noticed in the first matchup. It seemed like Triton was able to sub guys out a little more. I know the passing game also was huge for Triton in their win, but being able sub is a blessing the Trojans have over the Jays. Triton's field should be in pretty good shape. Fireworks will be booming after the game. Triton 42 Judson 21 

Glad to see Knox pull it out Friday night.  They were tested for sure!  A WN receiver had one slip through his hands in the last minute.  Catching that would have put them in field goal range.  That was a nail-biter for sure!  I expected more offense from both sides in that one.  

Not surprised at any of the other outcomes Friday night.  Shutout performances by LaVille, Judson and Triton.  Should be some fun games this week!  I would love to see LaVille move their game to Plymouth!  Surely Bremen would be okay with that considering they like to sling it around.  But LaVille is probably okay with playing in the mud.  

34 minutes ago, Oldschool said:

Is Wilcox expecting to play Friday?  What was his injury?

If Wilcox is out Friday that's not good for the Jays.  Will Triton have anyone in street clothes this week?  I would love to see Reichert back.  Any chance of that?

The HNAC is favored to have 3 regional representatives!  We know there'll be one.  And I think LaVille will roll the Lions.  I haven't decided how I feel about the Knox / Glenn game yet.

Glenn @ Knox- Knox Football team will be too much for Glenn.

Bremen @ LaVille- Lancers win in a close rematch

Judson @ Triton- Judson has some solid pieces, but they do not have a full 11 to beat the Trojans. Look for Triton to get the ground game going and open up the play action game against Judson. The field position game cannot be understated with how well Shively kicks the ball. Judson will have to drive 80 yards every drive unless the D can make some plays.

Glenn @ Knox- Knox comes out with a sectional championship on Friday night. I previously said they would win out easily until they had a tough matchup with Hanover Central in the regioanals. They had a scare last week but Russ has them refocused.  42-20

Bremen @ LaVille- Lancers win in a grind out battle. Their defense steps up the whole game to win this for them. 13-0

Judson @ Triton- Triton has been making room in their trophy room since the week 7 beatdown. Can judson stop the onslaught? Maybe coach Lambert has made a trip to see his ole buddy in Rensselaer and learned the phonebooth offense to hold the ball all game.   Picking Judson due to being a homer. Score: 2-0