Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HNAC Sectionals

Three rematches with sectional titles on the line this week for HNAC teams.  Like they say, it's hard to beat a good team twice!  Having said that, I'm taking the previous winners in each matchup this week...

Glenn at Knox - The Redskins found out last week that regular season success won't translate to 3A playoff success!  They are a great team with some excellent weapons, but they'll have to take it to another level to win these tournament games.  The HNAC is a good conference, but it didn't prepare the Redskins for what they'll see if they go deep in the 3A tourney!  But Radtke will have them focused this week and Knox will get another Sectional 26 title.  Redskins 30-14

Bremen at LaVille - I think Coach Kaiser sat his guys down after the Triton game and had them all eat a Snickers bar, 'cause through those first two games, they were not themselves!  I was not impressed with the Lancers after two games, but they righted the ship and they're playing some good football at this point!  I don't think they'll have any trouble taking care of the Lions this week.  Lancers 31-7

North Judson at Triton - Forget about it!  That game on September 29 means nothing.  Notta.  Zilch.  The Trojans could do no wrong that night.  It was the best game I've seen a Triton team play since 2018.  Everything clicked.  This one will be different.  Judson will be prepared to defend Triton's passing game by applying pressure to Shively and not letting guys beat them deep.  Triton will need to be able to move the ball on the ground this time around.  The Jays will ground and pound all night long.  This game will be won in the trenches.  I'm expecting a lower scoring affair.  Triton's kicking game makes the difference.  Trojans 17-14

49 minutes ago, FinePrint said:

Glenn at Knox - The Redskins found out last week that regular season success won't translate to 3A playoff success!  They are a great team with some excellent weapons, but they'll have to take it to another level to win these tournament games.  The HNAC is a good conference, but it didn't prepare the Redskins for what they'll see if they go deep in the 3A tourney!  But Radtke will have them focused this week and Knox will get another Sectional 26 title.  Redskins 30-14

I will be at Knox Friday night for this one. Did you know that the 2 head coaches have 541 wins between them? Is there another game in the state that can match that total?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, FinePrint said:

Three rematches with sectional titles on the line this week for HNAC teams.  Like they say, it's hard to beat a good team twice!  Having said that, I'm taking the previous winners in each matchup this week...

Bremen at LaVille - I think Coach Kaiser sat his guys down after the Triton game and had them all eat a Snickers bar, 'cause through those first two games, they were not themselves!  I was not impressed with the Lancers after two games, but they righted the ship and they're playing some good football at this point!  I don't think they'll have any trouble taking care of the Lions this week.  Lancers 31-7

North Judson at Triton - Forget about it!  That game on September 29 means nothing.  Notta.  Zilch.  The Trojans could do no wrong that night.  It was the best game I've seen a Triton team play since 2018.  Everything clicked.  This one will be different.  Judson will be prepared to defend Triton's passing game by applying pressure to Shively and not letting guys beat them deep.  Triton will need to be able to move the ball on the ground this time around.  The Jays will ground and pound all night long.  This game will be won in the trenches.  I'm expecting a lower scoring affair.  Triton's kicking game makes the difference.  Trojans 17-14

These teams are very similar except that Triton has Cole Shively!!  He runs, throws, kicks field goals and touchbacks!  NJ doesn’t have a player that does any of that as good as Shively does!  He is the difference in this game!

Just now, Oldschool said:

These teams are very similar except that Triton has Cole Shively!!  He runs, throws, kicks field goals and touchbacks!  NJ doesn’t have a player that does any of that as good as Shively does!  He is the difference in this game!

I forgot tackles and covers and intercepts as well!  His best position is on defense!

8 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I will be at Knox Friday night for this one. Did you know that the 2 head coaches have 541 wins between them? Is there another game in the state that can match that total?

Sheridan at Monroe Central has that beat by 92 wins at 633 total.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

Sheridan at Monroe Central has that beat by 92 wins at 633 total.

The real question is how many games have 2 head coaches with as many wins between them as Bud Wright has all on his own, you likely couldn't find any game that has as many state titles between them as Bud Wright either if I had to guess.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, khayward said:

The real question is how many games have 2 head coaches with as many wins between them as Bud Wright has all on his own, you likely couldn't find any game that has as many state titles between them as Bud Wright either if I had to guess.

You really went out on a limb there Mr. Obvious. I swear to God you did

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/2/2023 at 2:59 PM, Bobref said:

Sheridan vs Monroe Central has 545 wins between the two coaches. 454 from just one of them. 🤷‍♂️

Cold Bourbon

Sexual Championship Edition

Written, edited, and dictated By: Spanky Harper

The American Legion post 92 is lit right now.  I just hit a $200 pull tab and bought a round for everyone to celebrate another bluejay sexual championship.  Now, you might be thinkin to urself how did the bluejays do it?  How did they come back from taking a beating just a few weeks ago?  Well, let spanky tell ya.  It was coaching.  Plane and simple.  Coach Lambert and his crew pulled those boys from the pit of despair.  It’s easy to judge the bluejays.  When your in the stands u think u know everything, but in all honesty unless u were at practice or in that coaches office u haven’t the slightest inclination of the challenges the bluejays faced.  Luckily, i infiltrated the coaches office and have been living there for a few months now.  The coaches don’t know it, but I have been sleeping in the drop ceiling above the bathroom.  Maybe sometimes they might hear a weird squeaking sound, but I have them believing its a just varment living in there.

Execution lead to the execution of the trojenz.  Football is a simple game.  the jays showed up with McDaniel, Benson, and Wilcox and the Trojenz had shively.  But what the Trojenz didnt have tonite was a couple savages up front by the names of Kozecar and Sanchez.  The truth of the matter is that this game was won weeks ago, son. The jays bottomed out when they lost to Triton’s Trojenz in week 7.  The fans grew cold towards muh Jays.  The crowds dwindled.  Many of the “loyals” abandoned all hope, but not the players, nor the staff.  At the end of the day that is all that matters.  Do the kids in your locker room believe in each other and the coaches?  If they do, then you have a chance.  Sometimes a chance, in this life, is all that you’re looking for.  That opportunity.  That moment.  That is what happened tonite.  The Jays believed.  They believed they would bust that nut in bourbon. They believed in each other despite what happened.  Just like i believed when I put that $20 into the pull tab machine.  

Spankin by the Numbers

3- Sectional 41 Titles in a row for the bluejays

4- Sectional titles in 5 years for coach lambert

6- Straight years the Bluejays have played for a sectional Title

7- my room number at the shady oaks motel; cum and see me.    

• Haha 2

3 teams in the regional championship this week. Maybe LaVille and Knox didn't "need" the bigger conference to get them places.

LaVille and Knox taking on teams from the Hoosier Conference. Judson has a rematch with a private school in Indy. All 3 schools have winnable games but all 3 will have to play their best possible game and grind them out.

• Like 2

Congrats to the Bluejays!  They played a good, clean game Friday night.  No damaging turnovers or bad penalties.  Just a solid game.  And they controlled the line of scrimmage!  To my eye, they did nothing different than they did in the first meeting.  They just played this one without mistakes.

Good luck to all the HNAC teams this week!  

Knox has never won a regional. Laville has one in 1982. 
a chance to make some history. 

Knox/WL neither has a great defense so this could be pretty high scoring game. WL home field advantage as well.  

Laville/LCC kind of mirror teams. Both have very good Qb’s and play similar defenses.  If there is edge prob give LCC a little edge in passing game and playing at home. 

No clue on Park Tudor. Guessing that will be power running game vs air show.