Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3A South Video Coverage

This is pathetic.

Sectional 29 Danville Community at Tri-West Hendricks indianahighschoolsports.com same 3 1 Internet-Video      

Sectional 29 Monrovia vs. Purdue Polytechnic Monrovia HS (HUDL camera) Monrovia HS (HUDL camera) 3 0 Internet-Video      

Sectional 29 Western Boone at North Montgomery WIMC Forcht Broadcasting 2 0 Radio      

Sectional 30 Owen Valley vs Vincennes Lincoln WCLS 97.7 Mid America Radio Group 2 0 Radio      

Sectional 30 Owen Valley vs Vincennes Lincoln The Original Company WZDM 2 0 Radio      

Sectional 30 Washington vs West Vigo WAMW-FM Shake Broadcasting LLC 2 0 Radio      

Sectional 30 Pike Central at Princeton Media Five Sports Media Five Sports 2 0 Radio      

Sectional 30 Mt. Vernon vs. Gibson Southern WVJC-FM WVJC-FM 2 0 Radio      

Sectional 30 Mt. Vernon vs. Gibson Southern WMVI 106.7 Posey County Radio 2 0 Radio      

Sectional 31 Greensburg vs Indian Creek WTRE Emily Verseman 2 0 Radio      

Sectional 31 Lawrenceburg at Centerville Eagle Country 99.3 Eagle Country 99.3 2 0 Radio      

Sectional 31 Lawrenceburg at Centerville WKBV-AM/FM WKBV 2 0 Radio      

Sectional 31 Rushville vs Batesville Whitewater Broadcasting WIFE FM 2 0 Radio      

Sectional 31 Rushville vs Batesville WRBI WRBI 2 0 Radio      

Sectional 32 Salem at Madison WSLM 97.9 FM Rebecca L. White 2 2 Radio      

Sectional 32 Salem at Madison Madison Consolidated High School
Madison Consolidated High School
3 0 Internet-Video      

Sectional 32 Salem at Madison WORX 96.7 FM WORX 96.7 FM 2 0 Radio      

Sectional 32 Scottsburg at North Harrison WMPI 105.3 WMPI 105.3 2 0 Radio      

Sectional 32 Scottsburg at North Harrison WKLO-FM, 96.9 WKLO-FM, 96.9 2 0 Radio      

Sectional 32 Scottsburg at North Harrison WOCC Radio WOCC Radio 2 0 Radio      

Sectional 32 Southridge vs. Corydon Central WBDC 100.9 FM WBDC 100.9 FM 2 0 Radio      

Class 2A        
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

This is pathetic.

Sectional 29 Danville Community at Tri-West Hendricks indianahighschoolsports.com same 3 1 Internet-Video      

Sectional 29 Monrovia vs. Purdue Polytechnic Monrovia HS (HUDL camera) Monrovia HS (HUDL camera) 3 0 Internet-Video      

Sectional 29 Western Boone at North Montgomery WIMC Forcht Broadcasting 2 0 Radio      

Sectional 30 Owen Valley vs Vincennes Lincoln WCLS 97.7 Mid America Radio Group 2 0 Radio      

Sectional 30 Owen Valley vs Vincennes Lincoln The Original Company WZDM 2 0 Radio      

Sectional 30 Washington vs West Vigo WAMW-FM Shake Broadcasting LLC 2 0 Radio      

Sectional 30 Pike Central at Princeton Media Five Sports Media Five Sports 2 0 Radio      

Sectional 30 Mt. Vernon vs. Gibson Southern WVJC-FM WVJC-FM 2 0 Radio      

Sectional 30 Mt. Vernon vs. Gibson Southern WMVI 106.7 Posey County Radio 2 0 Radio      

Sectional 31 Greensburg vs Indian Creek WTRE Emily Verseman 2 0 Radio      

Sectional 31 Lawrenceburg at Centerville Eagle Country 99.3 Eagle Country 99.3 2 0 Radio      

Sectional 31 Lawrenceburg at Centerville WKBV-AM/FM WKBV 2 0 Radio      

Sectional 31 Rushville vs Batesville Whitewater Broadcasting WIFE FM 2 0 Radio      

Sectional 31 Rushville vs Batesville WRBI WRBI 2 0 Radio      

Sectional 32 Salem at Madison WSLM 97.9 FM Rebecca L. White 2 2 Radio      

Sectional 32 Salem at Madison Madison Consolidated High School
Madison Consolidated High School
3 0 Internet-Video      

Sectional 32 Salem at Madison WORX 96.7 FM WORX 96.7 FM 2 0 Radio      

Sectional 32 Scottsburg at North Harrison WMPI 105.3 WMPI 105.3 2 0 Radio      

Sectional 32 Scottsburg at North Harrison WKLO-FM, 96.9 WKLO-FM, 96.9 2 0 Radio      

Sectional 32 Scottsburg at North Harrison WOCC Radio WOCC Radio 2 0 Radio      

Sectional 32 Southridge vs. Corydon Central WBDC 100.9 FM WBDC 100.9 FM 2 0 Radio      

Class 2A        

Looks like a business opportunity LOL

13 hours ago, Titan32 said:

It would be... Except the IHSAA has to approve all broadcasts during the tournament... Western Boone has a student run TV station and has broadcast all the games this year via YouTube.  They were told that they couldn't broadcast this Sectional game.  

Edited by 1st_and_10
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

It would be... Except the IHSAA has to approve all broadcasts during the tournament... Western Boone has a student run TV station and has broadcast all the games this year via YouTube.  They were told that they couldn't broadcast this Sectional game.  

The IHSAA - keeping the "dumb" in front of "@ss" since 1903...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

What was the reason given? Hamilton Heights' student run broadcast was approved for this week.

15 hours ago, Titan32 said:

I guess it would be a great way to introduce cameras to Southern Indiana

• Haha 2

Couldn't?  Or it wasn't in the school's budget to pay the fees to broadcast?

Just curious if it was a technical (equipment/people), legal, or financial reason as to why not. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

What was the reason given? Hamilton Heights' student run broadcast was approved for this week.

That's fair.  We have the automated hudl camera that will push to youtube...not sure why we don't do that other than it's easy to turn on but not as easy to monetize. 

1 hour ago, oldtimeqb said:

Couldn't?  Or it wasn't in the school's budget to pay the fees to broadcast?

Just curious if it was a technical (equipment/people), legal, or financial reason as to why not. 

2 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

That's fair.  We have the automated hudl camera that will push to youtube...not sure why we don't do that other than it's easy to turn on but not as easy to monetize. 

I don't know the reason... I am guessing now that everything has to go through IHSAATV for broadcasting to ensure the IHSAA gets their money... It could be budgets, it could be legal, I am not sure.. I know Webo TV has broadcast nearly every game this season and when the tournament starts they don't anymore (or only do certain games).  

I would guess the majority of schools have the Hudl Focus (the camera where you can livestream), but again IHSAA wants to control who can broadcast or they want their cut.  

1 minute ago, 1st_and_10 said:

I am guessing now

1 minute ago, 1st_and_10 said:

I am not sure.

2 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

I would guess

Got it. It's easier just to blame the IHSAA.

"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse"

14 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Looks like I might be bored next year.....perhaps I should start a little broadcasting outfit down here like that one you guys use.

You won't be bored. Trust me on that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Looks like I might be bored next year.....perhaps I should start a little broadcasting outfit down here like that one you guys use.

Harold and Ethel have a creek in the back 40. Is that the "livestream" you are talking about?  They are just used to watching games on the PhilCo TV. 

Got it. It's easier just to blame the IHSAA.

"A nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse"

You won't be bored. Trust me on that.

Or a blind bat ...

I don't know the reason... I am guessing now that everything has to go through IHSAATV for broadcasting to ensure the IHSAA gets their money... It could be budgets, it could be legal, I am not sure..

Our games on Indiana SRN and they have authority to broadcast tournament (not state). They are accessed via IHSAAtv or IndianaSRN.org. Free access.

Vandy VdWielen

" As an administrator of IHSAAtv.org, I think I'm in a position to comment. All schools, who are IHSAAtv affiliates are allowed to stream their sectional and regional games. They are exempt from having to pay rights fees. In fact, there are over 150 Indiana high schools who do! Some schools have decided to go at it independently. In those very isolated instances, they are not allowed to stream on social media such as youtube, facebook and etc. All games must air only on IHSAAtv.org. This decision was implement to prevent unsuspecting fans from following the thousand of phishing and spam links."
Edited by gonzoron
  • Like 2