• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

Head Coach Openings 2017   10/19/2016

Frankton: Randy England  Bobby Ryan Promoted  Franklin Community:  Adam Reese  Chris Coll hired from Tri-West Martinsville: Brad Rose  Carter Whitson Hired  Lake Central: Brett St. Germain Tony Bartolomeo Promoted South Bend Clay: Craig Redman  Will Porter Hired from South Vermilion  Boone Grove:  Tony Tinkel   Dan Kukulski Promoted  Mooresville:  Chad Dockery Mike Gillin hired from Indian Creek Wood Memorial:  Caleb Cherry/Archer  Bret Kramer Hired Tippecanoe Valley:  Shriver/Norris   Stephen Moriarty  Hired Corydon Central:  Andrew Smith    Aaron Humphrey Hired Calumet New Tech:  Rik Richards  Rick Good Hired  Winamac:  Tim Roth Craig Barr Hired   Tri-West: Chris Coll Tyler Bruce Promoted North Central (Indy): Kevin Kreinhagen Kevin O'Shea hired from Lafayette Central Catholic Indy Chatard:  Vince Lorenzano Rob Doyle Promoted Paoli: Brian Balsmeyer Jeremy Lowery Promoted Mt. Vernon (Fortville): Doug Armstrong  Neil Kazmierczak  Hired from Lebanon  Bluffton: Randy Hudgins Brett Kunkel Hired Indian Creek: Mike Gillin Brett Cooper Hired Vincennes Lincoln:  Jon Heiden  Levi Salters Promoted  Frankfort:  Joel Sienicki Eric Davis Hired from Tri-County South Vermillion:  Will Porter  Greg Barrett hired from North Putnam Riverton Parke:  Jake Weber Brad Sanders Promoted Elkhart Central:  Levon Johnson Josh Shattuck hired from Seymour Mt. Vernon (Posey) Paul Meirer Cory Brunson hired from Evansville Harrison Richmond:  Matt Holeva  Abe Tawfeek hired from Indy Northwest Lebanon:    Neil Kazmierczak Jeff Smock Hired North White:  Jim Davis Kirk Quasebarth Promoted  North Posey:   Paul Rynkiewich  Waylon Schenk hired from Princeton  Pike Central:  Dustin Powell   Erik Mattingly Hired  John Glenn:  Damon Groves Austin Faust Promoted North Putnam:  Greg Barrett Sam Carnes Hired  Lafayette Central Catholic: Kevin O'Shea Don Coller Promoted  Evansville Harrison: Cory Brunson Lane Oxley Hired Indianapolis Roncalli:  Bruce Scifres Scott Marsh Promoted    Princeton:   Waylon Schenk   Jared Maners Hired Ft. Wayne North:  Mike Cochran Michael Brevard Hired Turkey Run:  Steve Stewart Bruce Scaggs Hired Indianapolis Northwest:   Abe Tawfeek Jonas Williams Promoted Tri-County:  Eric Davis  Sam Zachary Hired Carroll Community:  Mark Brown Kevin Sayler Promoted  Oldenburg Academy:  Wes Gillman  Union County:  Rusty Hensley Joel Hofmann promoted Edgewood: Jerry Bland Brian Rosenburg Hired Seymour:  Josh Shattuck  Michael Kelly Hired Wawasee:  Josh Ekovich Michael Eshbach hired from Eastside Muncie Central:  Adam Morris Scott Pethtel Hired Benton Central:  Ed Roberson  Mike Hammons  Promoted  Western:  Ron Jankovich Alex Stewart Hired New Castle:  Will Ragle  Kyle York Hired Sullivan:  Trent Olson Blaine Powell promoted Northwestern:  Alex Stewart Steve Disler hired  Clinton Central:  Isaac Sturgis Justin Gardiner Hired North Miami:  Mark Lefebvre  Joe Grant Hired from Rochester Spring Valley Justin Scheller Mark Hammond Hired  Edinburgh:  Derrick Ball  Jason Burton Hired Eastside: Michael Eshbach  Cloverdale: Tony Meyer  New Albany: Sean Coultis Steve Cooley promoted Rochester: Joe Grant  Hammond Clark: Eric Schreiber  Hammond Noll:  Colin McCullough  Wheeler:  Tony Klimzack  Adam Hudak Hired from Lake Station  Lake Station:  Adam Hudak   South Central:  Eric Stephens Buzz Schoff Hired  Caston:  Brady Jones Brian Hooker Promoted  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dastvb

Chatard and Roncalli

64 posts in this topic

Do the Trojans get revenge for last year's beat down in the playoffs? Does Roncalli make it two in a row over the Trojans? Let the prognosticating begin!

Wish there were more Roncalli fans on GID. Is RebelDad anywhere to be found?

Wish there were more Roncalli fans on GID. Is RebelDad anywhere to be found?

The "horde" as some referred to used to have an extremely large presence on here. As the program went into a small decline, coincidentally the number of posters declined as well. Nonetheless, always a hard fought game whenever these rivals clash.

Most of the hardcore posters you speak of have simply moved on. Their sons graduated ten years ago.

Ah, the days before social media forever changed the face of online forum smack talk..

There are some seriously funny pictures of Hurricane Scirfes aftermath 

If you dig for them, they can be found

I miss Romey

Roncalli wins!

Most of the hardcore posters you speak of have simply moved on. Their sons graduated ten years ago.

Unfortunately, I think this is why the site is down. People graduate and families move on.  My youngest boy is a Senior this year.   Not many people know the site exists, I have been trying to spread the word to other parents.  GID needs to really promote it at high school games.  

Unfortunately, I think this is why the site is down. 

How is the site down? 

446 users are online (in the past 60 minutes)

111 members, 335 guests, 0 anonymous users   (See full list)

Monday Night at 10:32 p.m. est.   

Just because nobody is fighting about P/P unfair advantages and this and that doesn't mean the site is "down"  

Still #1 site for promotion of Indiana High School Football.  

All I know from reading some of these old posts is that TW is a cool dude (hardly breaking news) and RebelDad is someone I have tons of respect for (maybe not breaking news either....still needs to be said).

Edited by Lysander

Big game for both teams.

No Roncalli folks?

Where's Tdub?

C'mon Grover, you know the South side!

Getting too maudlin around here .

Edited by Lysander

I can't wait for this game. I feel that this rivalry is back to the level that it should be at. Am really forward to seeing the battle between Roncalli's front 7 and Chatard's run game. The Rebels have been really good against the run in their first two games. 

I'm also excited to see the Roncalli offense against Chatard's defense. How is Chatard compared to past years?

I can only offer a few, very generic takes on the upcoming titanic struggle.  I have yet to see either team play.  I was told by a pair of eyes I trust Roncalli's line play is dramatically improved this year. He was also extremely impressed with Strader at QB.  I expected them to work over a rebuilding FC team, and it sounds as if they did.  As far as Chatard goes, the LC game gives me pause.  I was under the impression that LC would be a very strong 6A school this year - a tick behind the big boys due to their youth, but still a force to be reckoned with.  For Chatard to come away with that win, they must be the real deal up front and possess impressive team speed.  I would be curious how much the revenge factor plays into Chatard's motivation.  If you put a gun to my head, I would probably have to go with Chatard (it's at LC and they are 12-3 over the last 15 meetings), but my heart will obviously be with the Rebels.

there are less Roncalli guys and gals here because everytime they won a state title or a big game,they had to defend themselves from the (they recruit their players etc)  it got old for them    there was one Roncalli poster called the (RECRUITER)  with a avatar of the pope  lol  trust me  the horde is out there ,,,they just remain silent and let their players do what they do best ..win or loose with class but are never (satisfied)

there are less Roncalli guys and gals here because everytime they won a state title or a big game,they had to defend themselves from the (they recruit their players etc)  it got old for them    there was one Roncalli poster called the (RECRUITER)  with a avatar of the pope  lol  trust me  the horde is out there ,,,they just remain silent and let their players do what they do best ..win or loose with class but are never (satisfied)

I disagree with that assessment 

There are tons of reasons why Chatard will win this game. Most notably are the results from the past 15 games. The Rebel offensive is much improved, but they were not playing Chatard. The Rebs have not yet made this game a rivalry again. They need to rip off 2-3 more wins.

Edited by The TW

I've watched both teams this year and Chatard's physicality on the lines will be a problem.  Rebs need to get speed in space to have a chance.

There are tons of reasons why Chatard will win this game. Most notably are the results from the past 15 games. The Rebel offensive is much improved, but they were not playing Chatard. The Rebs have not yet made this game a rivalry again. They need to rip off 2-3 more wins.

How was Southport's D?

How was Southport's D?

Good enough to win, but they were young.  Talented and physical in areas, but not across the defense like I expect Chatard to be.  

The "horde" as some referred to used to have an extremely large presence on here. As the program went into a small decline, coincidentally the number of posters declined as well. Nonetheless, always a hard fought game whenever these rivals clash.

Fair statement by Footballking16.  With my son the head coach for the Roncalli Freshmen team the past 3 years, I have focused most of my energies there. Retired now from the Army after 34 years and spending most of my time with my 7 month old Granddaughter.    I was the head statistician for my son the first year but got fired.  Then I moved to Head Scout last year but also was let go from that position.  This year just a Dad in the stands! :).   Huge game on Saturday as the Rebel Freshmen take on the Irish Freshmen at 10:00 at Roncalli.   How about that!  We might not have the 8,000 that we had "back in the day" for the Varsity Games, but I am betting it will be a very large crowd. Rumor has it that the Irish Freshmen are pretty good (who would have thought that!).  Will certainly be at the game Friday night.  Certain that the Trojans are going to remember the playoff game from last year.   Good to see Krunyan is still following the Rebels! 

I predict ...

therewillbeblood460.jpg