• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Cathedral: Rick Strieff
Sign in to follow this  
Indian72

NIC 2015

NIC NORTH:  Penn, Mishawaka, Elkhart Central, St.Joe, Clay, Adams

NIC South:  New Prairie, Bremen, Glenn, Jimtown, Marian, Washington, Riley

St Joe Schedule 2015 - what I have been told

Wk 1 - Concord

Wk 2 - @ Lafayette Jeff

Wk 3 - @ Marian

Balance of schedule

@ Elkhart Central

Mishawaka

Penn

-play them back to back

@ Clay

@ Culver Academy

Adams

Pretty sweet Home Schedule - challenging for sure

not sure of the order of the games but Mishawaka and Penn suppose to be abck to back

other schools welcome to add their schedule

The 2015 schedules are posted on John Harrell's HSFB website. The link is in the box at the very bottom of the page, but above the "Order your Indiana Football Digest" link.

Mishawaka Marian Knights 2015 Schedule:

8/21 : @ Clay (nc)

8/28 : @ John Glenn

9/4 : St. Joseph's (nc)

9/11 : @ Riley

9/18 : @ Jimtown

9/25 : Bremen

10/2 : New Prairie

10/9 : Mishawaka (nc)

10/16 : Washington

(nc denotes non-conference games)

4 of the first 5 games are on the road.

I know Adams has an open date week 2 thus far and their other NC game is Northridge week one.  Clay is playing Marian and NP non conference.  Goes without saying that both schools are playing Washington and Riley NC. 

The 2015 schedules are posted on John Harrell's HSFB website. The link is in the box at the very bottom of the page, but above the "Order your Indiana Football Digest" link.

My guess is this schedule will not change much year in and year out.  They are married to St. Joe and Mishawaka in their NC schedule.  That means they only have one NC game to schedule and this time they chose to go with Clay.  Interesting choice.

Should be some good gates for the Knights!

Bremen's schedule:

Aug 21 vs Plymouth (NC)

Aug 28 at SB Riley

Sep 4 vs Glenn

Sep 11 at Triton (NC)

Sep 18 vs New Prairie

Sep 25 at Marian

Oct 2 vs SB Washington

Oct 9 at Jimtown

Jimtown remains in the traditional Week 8 slot.  Triton remains at Week 4.  Glenn has moved from Week 9 to Week 3.  New Prairie has moved from Week 3 to Week 5.

Looks like no opponent for Week 9 yet.  Anybody have any idea who that might be?  All NIC North teams have games scheduled that week, so it's not agaisnt any of them.

Edited by Bremen1992

Penn still needs a week 3 opponent it looks like. Merrillville in week 2, eh. Still shows the IL Brother Rice though was told it was the MI.

When is Mishawaka playing Cathedral? '16?

I knew Mishawaka picked up Cathedral where St Joe had them.

Playing them in Indy is a great fan experience

Their fans know how to tailgate

Would like to see SJ pick them back up in the future

New Prairie picking up Andrean is an interesting match up for sure

The 2015 season could be excitiing

Penn has Br Rice from Chicago, did they pick up Br Rice from Detroit?

Marian 4 on the road with SJ in the middle at home - that is some beginning

Bremen's schedule:

Aug 21 vs Plymouth (NC)

Aug 28 at SB Riley

Sep 4 vs Glenn

Sep 11 at Triton (NC)

Sep 18 vs New Prairie

Sep 25 at Marian

Oct 2 vs SB Washington

Oct 9 at Jimtown

Jimtown remains in the traditional Week 8 slot. Triton remains at Week 4. Glenn has moved from Week 9 to Week 3. New Prairie has moved from Week 3 to Week 5.

Looks like no opponent for Week 9 yet. Anybody have any idea who that might be? All NIC North teams have games scheduled that week, so it's not agaisnt any of them.

I thought I read somewhere that it was CMA.

Who does New Prairie have returning next year?? Not sure if they are senior dominated team or have a lot of underclassmen...

Edited by wolves on the prowl

Who does New Prairie have returning next year?? Not sure if they are senior dominated team or have a lot of underclassmen...

If this helps I can tell you who they are losing instead. They lose a D-1 Lineman (Ball State) in Grant Williamson and another tackle in David Wahlbring but return the rest of the line. They lose Tyler Weller which is a big loss but I beleive still return a decent backfield and return both QBs who have played this year which is huge. Defensively I'm not quite as sure but I do know Dan Cinal is a big part of the defense. Honestly NP could be even better next year then this year.

How many games will the NSC teams coming into the NIC win? Will it stay the same with Jimtown and New Prairie on top with the rest fighting for the scraps? Who will be the whipping boy Glenn or Bremen?

How many games will the NSC teams coming into the NIC win? Will it stay the same with Jimtown and New Prairie on top with the rest fighting for the scraps? Who will be the whipping boy Glenn or Bremen?

New Prairie

Jimtown

Marian

Bremen

Glenn

Washington

Riley

If you go by this year's Sagarin ratings, the NIC South standings would look like this:

New Prairie

Jimtown

Marian

Glenn

Washington

Bremen

Riley

I realize it's a huge if, but if Washington's kids stick with Washington, stick with football, they could be very good. Three seniors started at the end of the year. Nice looking division. Enjoy it.

I realize it's a huge if, but if Washington's kids stick with Washington, stick with football, they could be very good. Three seniors started at the end of the year. Nice looking division. Enjoy it.

I honestly think Washington could be the "surprise" of that division.   It sets up nicely for them.

Agree with the WHS thing based on the athletes they have but low numbers.  Not many seniors on the team.  All their weapons are back.  They need some discipline and teamwork and they could be a force.  Some of the match ups in this division could be very interesting.  Wonder if Riley will be the cellar dweller?

In terms of consistent results, standings, I think you'll see it largely divided into two or three tiers.

NP and Jimtown 1A and 1B, Marian right behind them most years, then the other four filling out the bottom in whichever order... MOST years.

I think you'll occasionally see one jump up or drop down a tier, but not often. I do think there'll be upsets. As has happened with average Washington teams beating a good NP teams in years past. But in terms of final standings I think they'll largely play out as described above.

Edited by AverageAmericanMale

In terms of consistent results, standings, I think you'll see it largely divided into two or three tiers.

NP and Jimtown 1A and 1B, Marian right behind them most years, then the other four filling out the bottom in whichever order... MOST years.

I think you'll occasionally see one jump up or drop down a tier, but not often. I do think there'll be upsets. As has happened with average Washington teams beating a good NP teams in years past. But in terms of final standings I think they'll largely play out as described above.

As much as I would like to disagree, I can't. I think Marian will be in top tier most years. Bremen will be in the lower half 6/10 years or so. We will have good teams every few years. With the tougher conference schedule. I don't think we should be playing Plymouth anymore. I wish would of kept LaVille or Valley or possible pick up Fairfield or Rochester. I'll probably be ripped for wanting to drop Plymouth, but I'm trying to be real.

It's too bad that New Prairie didn't want play with the big dogs of the north division. New Prairie against Penn, Mishawaka, Elkhart Central, St Joe would have been great.

Edited by CoachK5

I'm glad NP didn't want to play in the bigger school side, leaves one extra opportunity for Penn to improve their schedule. I would love to see a public MIC team, but the school budget plays a big factor in that choice.

I'm glad NP didn't want to play in the bigger school side, leaves one extra opportunity for Penn to improve their schedule. I would love to see a public MIC team, but the school budget plays a big factor in that choice.

I think a great booster club project would be to fund raise for penn to play a more competitive schedule. I don't know what the cost per mile is at PHM but I'm sure a healthy fundraising effort of $2000-$3000 would cover costs.