Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Snider 2023

9 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

What an absolute giveaway game by Snider. Up 14-0 six minutes into the game, and Tippmann outthinks himself again. Run the damn ball!!! Abysmal loss…

Yea, I don't understand their play calling. I was watching game on and off after the first two scores. Why would you go away from a game plan that was working. Every time I saw a few plays, they were passing or Buchanan wasn't getting the ball, QB was running around. They had a golden opportunity to be SAC Champs (that is still attainable) but game was very confusing to me. 

8 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Yea, I don't understand their play calling. I was watching game on and off after the first two scores. Why would you go away from a game plan that was working. Every time I saw a few plays, they were passing or Buchanan wasn't getting the ball, QB was running around. They had a golden opportunity to be SAC Champs (that is still attainable) but game was very confusing to me. 

"One of four things can happen when you drop back to pass, and three of them are bad"........Vince Lombardi. 

• Like 1

I am not about to say anything about R. Nelson Snider and how they approach their schemes....

But as an official, I've had numerous games where I just have sat back and wondered "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?".

I had a Semi-State a couple of years ago, where the ENTIRE 1st half was all about the 'QB" trying to run and do his thing.  The game was 'strangely' not out of hand as we began the 2nd half.  Apparently someone got into the HC's ear and said PASS THE BALL!  

At that point they just ate up the defense.  But the clock was ticking away as the other squad ran/ran/ran when they got possession.  

Ya know sometimes would like to just yell over to the sideline and TELL them what they should be doing. 

But I'm not a "fan".  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gridiron_Junkie said:

I'm a hater. I'll admit it. I get more JOY of watching Snider lose by as little as say just 1 point, then watching the Knights win by multiple scores! Good day, ladies and gents!

Most affiliated with the Snider program have the upmost respect for the Luers program, always have. Good luck to the Knights moving forward. They have a legitimate shot at making it to Lucas. 

6 hours ago, Gridiron_Junkie said:

I'm a hater. I'll admit it. I get more JOY of watching Snider lose by as little as say just 1 point, then watching the Knights win by multiple scores! Good day, ladies and gents!

Radio station stated sparty had more fans in the area being delighted with the loss than their coach could imagine..Luers being 2a n knocking heads with the big boys always brings joy...even against dwenger ill roll with coach k..unless its against snider..as for the Panthers n their "haters"...wouldn't have it any other way....

• 3 weeks later...

Sectional time, Snider’s gets a bad Anderson team and then would play North Side. After that, likely Mishawaka in Regionals and then either Valparaiso or Merrillville in Semi-State. Pretty straight path to state, think regionals could be challenging as Mishawaka is not easy to defend and then semi-state would be a battle for sure. Thoughts?

1 minute ago, Komets2727 said:

Sectional time, Snider’s gets a bad Anderson team and then would play North Side. After that, likely Mishawaka in Regionals and then either Valparaiso or Merrillville in Semi-State. Pretty straight path to state, think regionals could be challenging as Mishawaka is not easy to defend and then semi-state would be a battle for sure. Thoughts?

Had Mishawaka this past week.  They are formidable, especially if the Panthers have to go to Steele Field.

Have Anderson this week.   That's a big tell, sorry.  

Good luck.  1 and done for everyone 

22 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

Had Mishawaka this past week.  They are formidable, especially if the Panthers have to go to Steele Field.

Have Anderson this week.   That's a big tell, sorry.  

Good luck.  1 and done for everyone 

Most likely, Snider will be playing at Mishawaka as their first 2 games should be at home. That Cavemen offense is not easy to defend and that would be a big challenge for the Panthers to win at Mishawaka

Just now, Komets2727 said:

Most likely, Snider will be playing at Mishawaka as their first 2 games should be at home. That Cavemen offense is not easy to defend and that would be a big challenge for the Panthers to win at Mishawaka

The field will be chopped up.  I almost suggest to find the absolute worst in the Summit City to practice on...  oh wait. That's located right there on Reed Rd.   😃

2 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

The field will be chopped up.  I almost suggest to find the absolute worst in the Summit City to practice on...  oh wait. That's located right there on Reed Rd.   😃

You mean Blackhawk Christian’s home field??? 😂 

Mishawaka's scheme plays into sniders weakness..wr1 saved them last yr..a duplicate of the sparty game n its over.. it really won't matter who they play..sectionals included..

Just now, Justasportsfan said:

Mishawaka's scheme plays into sniders weakness..wr1 saved them last yr..a duplicate of the sparty game n its over.. it really won't matter who they play..sectionals included..

wait its usually been the secondary..those southern 4a fans may b on to something..😉

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

If they think it will be a blowout it will end as last years game began..read their qb is better this year..still say their hook n ladder game was impeccable...

Yes, they have been throwing ball better this year, so that add a level of difficulty. I doubt Snider comes into game feeling overconfident, but then again anything can happen and they could be on wrong side of the score this time around. I thinking playing the, last year gives them plenty of tools to prepare for the O they run.

The pirates look good on film..expected a valpo rematch yet Merrillville probably had just as much if not more motivation to beat them than snider..that being said..da region still has the 5a title in their conference n the panthers may have to continue to shock me..wc..carroll..sparty😄...alot would have tucked tail with under a minute left against the cavemen..tippy had a gameplan that fit that matchup and they pulled it out..yet if the pirates do what the vikings did....schematics really won't matter 

20 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

The pirates look good on film..expected a valpo rematch yet Merrillville probably had just as much if not more motivation to beat them than snider..that being said..da region still has the 5a title in their conference n the panthers may have to continue to shock me..wc..carroll..sparty😄...alot would have tucked tail with under a minute left against the cavemen..tippy had a gameplan that fit that matchup and they pulled it out..yet if the pirates do what the vikings did....schematics really won't matter 

Always a tough game when you get this deep in second season. M-villie, I'm sure is a very good team, don't know their strengths or weaknesses, would be good to hear if anyone can provide insight.  Not sure how to call this game yet,

4 hours ago, psaboy said:

Always a tough game when you get this deep in second season. M-villie, I'm sure is a very good team, don't know their strengths or weaknesses, would be good to hear if anyone can provide insight.  Not sure how to call this game yet,

I have watched some video on Merrillville, great team speed, lots of good athletes, undisciplined at times, likes to run the ball quite a bit. When motivated and engaged in the game, they are tough to beat. If Snider can get ahead by double digits, not sure Merrillville will stay in and fight back. I will stand by statement before the Mishawaka game, beating Mishawaka would be harder than Merrillville or Valpo

• Like 1