Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Snider 2023

2 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

Carroll on the downside after this year? You do realize their QB is back next year, right? 3 year starter at that point, D1 talent. Their feeder schools have a constant flow of talent. Very doubtful

Snider had 1 down year out of how many, 15?

Dwenger, even with Sullivan, would not be a contender. That talent pool is thin right now and has been for a few years

The Spartan QB and offense that was shutout by Noblesville 42-0, that gave Dwenger fits? Uh, ok….Let’s see what the Spartans do against Snider and Carroll before telling me they are dangerous

Didn't say he was dangerous,  Noblesville was his first or second game. Snider had 2 or 3 years down or should we say not Snider like starting in 2019. Yep if Jimmy was at Dwenger he would be running for his life. Yes Carroll will be on a down slide. Takes more than a D1 QB to dominate.

Remember Jeff Becker?

36 minutes ago, roaringthunderdlr said:

Hey Snider people,

If Snider makes it to LOS, who do you think they'll face from 5A South, and who do y'all want them to face? Being in Plainfield, I'm hearing a lot of biased Plainfield talk and I'd like to get a semi-neutral perspective.

Plainfield has to get by Harrison (again) and most likely 1 of the 2 Bloomington schools. They're in a good position as of now, but would be underdogs against Bloomington South (according to Sagarin). Hope they can keep up the great season and keep winning 1 game at a time.  

Edited by FridayNightLights
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, roaringthunderdlr said:

Hey Snider people,

If Snider makes it to LOS, who do you think they'll face from 5A South, and who do y'all want them to face? Being in Plainfield, I'm hearing a lot of biased Plainfield talk and I'd like to get a semi-neutral perspective.

Don't even want to think about it. Valparaiso return 19 starters from last season. And apparently Mishawaka can throw the ball this season. 

Last year people were practically giving Snider the title while Valpo was quietly coming along. We seem to be on the same path again this year with no one saying much about the Vikings. 

Edited by BTF

15 minutes ago, BTF said:

Don't even want to think about it. Valparaiso return 19 starters from last season. And apparently Mishawaka can throw the ball this season. 

Last year people were practically giving Snider the title while Valpo was quietly coming along. We seem to be on the same path again this year with no one saying much about the Vikings. 

Can't underrate those guys. Crown Point game should be somewhat telling though

1 minute ago, roaringthunderdlr said:

Can't underrate those guys. Crown Point game should be somewhat telling though

Agree. No matter what happens though, Valpo is a serious threat to repeat. 

The answer to your first question: The best team South has to offer. Right now it's looking like Bloomington South and Plainfield? How would you compare the South to last year's Whiteland?

Bloomington South looks good so far in the South, looks like Plainfield has been playing well, after that it could be anyone. With BTF on Snider, it is just too early to guarantee Snider will be representing the North. Valpo played smash mouth with Snider last year and until the Panthers beat them, the road goes thru Valpo in my opinion. Intrigued with Crown Point as well. If Mishawaka can actually throw the ball, they could be scary. Also, some will laugh, but North Side vs. Snider in a sectional game will be flat out war and nastiness

Edited by Komets2727

15 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Also, some will laugh, but North Side vs. Snider in a sectional game will be flat out war and nastiness

Snider is North Side's Super Bowl. They play on another level when they get a crack at the Panthers. 

14 minutes ago, roaringthunderdlr said:

I personally believe that nobody in the South is better than last year's Whiteland however teams such as Plainfield and Bloomington South are capable of playing them close.

That doesn't bode well for the South. But hey, they play the game for a reason. 

I'm calling it now..valpo will beat cp n roll through the rest of their season..they have gotten their swagger back..from what I hear there could be a dark horse in the running from the south..as for snider..they have to win the sac b4 eyeing sectionals..let alone the cavemen n vikings..the days of crushing the chargers may be gone..if they were to have one of those 62 to 7 scores then I'd say clear cut favorite..right now they seem to have lady luck on their side tbh..

21 hours ago, BTF said:

Yep, Hello LaPorte !!

On 9/18/2023 at 11:05 AM, BTF said:

Snider is North Side's Super Bowl. They play on another level when they get a crack at the Panthers. 

They wont be able to find a level high enough to compete with the Panthers this year.....Snider will win by 3 scores....Elite level coaching vs lack of discipline this year....js

1 hour ago, NE8_Fan said:

They wont be able to find a level high enough to compete with the Panthers this year.....Snider will win by 3 scores....Elite level coaching vs lack of discipline this year....js

When Snider hits, they just seem to be able to hit back. The school districts are adjacent to one another and the rivalry goes back to the 80's and 90's when it was the most intense. Their coach even said it............."I just want to beat Tippmann." Nothing you said is wrong, it just seems like a different atmosphere when these two meet. North Side is always the underdog, so I think they normally 'want it' just a little more. 

5 hours ago, BTF said:

When Snider hits, they just seem to be able to hit back. The school districts are adjacent to one another and the rivalry goes back to the 80's and 90's when it was the most intense. Their coach even said it............."I just want to beat Tippmann." Nothing you said is wrong, it just seems like a different atmosphere when these two meet. North Side is always the underdog, so I think they normally 'want it' just a little more. 

Especially with their talented seniors...tae tae being moved to qb will be a game changer..when the panthers moved that big ot to dt last week...genius move..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

Especially with their talented seniors...tae tae being moved to qb will be a game changer..when the panthers moved that big ot to dt last week...genius move..

Moving Tae to QB will be a game changer against the likes of the SAC's B division teams but not Snider.  Snider can go athlete for athlete with North Side and you taking your best player and putting him in front of the Panthers entire box instead of putting him in front of your their DB will not be good.  Reminds me of Haydock in his Harding days moving Selwyn Lymon from WR to QB....made for some exciting games and eye popping numbers in 2005 but didn't equate to the kind of success North Side is looking for (State run).  Tae is NOT a QB, he's an athlete playing QB and the Panthers WILL devise a sound game plan to neutralize him.  Load the box and make him throw and you will see this "great idea" unravel rather quickly against Snider.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NE8_Fan said:

Moving Tae to QB will be a game changer against the likes of the SAC's B division teams but not Snider.  Snider can go athlete for athlete with North Side and you taking your best player and putting him in front of the Panthers entire box instead of putting him in front of your their DB will not be good.  Reminds me of Haydock in his Harding days moving Selwyn Lymon from WR to QB....made for some exciting games and eye popping numbers in 2005 but didn't equate to the kind of success North Side is looking for (State run).  Tae is NOT a QB, he's an athlete playing QB and the Panthers WILL devise a sound game plan to neutralize him.  Load the box and make him throw and you will see this "great idea" unravel rather quickly against Snider.

Old school, I like that. Lymon was one of the best high school athletes I've seen in person. Easily top 5 out of the SAC. Right up there with the Rod Smith, Jaylon Smith, and John Goodman. 

• Like 1

On 9/18/2023 at 8:29 AM, roaringthunderdlr said:

Hey Snider people,

I think 5a is down again and snider will walk all over everyone except for valpo... if valpo gets their shit together

I expect 5a state to be about as close as 4a this year and about as memorable as any 1a football game.

Hope I'm wrong but I'm not, it's kind of a curse.

14 minutes ago, Rodney said:

I think 5a is down again and snider will walk all over everyone except for valpo... if valpo gets their shit together

I expect 5a state to be about as close as 4a this year and about as memorable as any 1a football game.

Hope I'm wrong but I'm not, it's kind of a curse.

I think the Quakers or the Raiders are 5A South's only hope.