Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Snider 2023

2 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

Snider in beast mode again up 45-21 with 5 minutes to go. I knew they had way too much for East Noble, who is actually a good team. They probably finish 4th or 5th this year in the SAC if they were in our conference.

Why is the downgrading of the 'better' teams in the NE8 ALWAYS on full display when it comes to the SAC?  

The NE8 is a formidable conference that has ebbs and flows, but to think that East Noble would be a middling SAC team is preposterous!  Clearly they would win the SAC "small" division.  And in the big division... perhaps 3 or 4.  They stack up well against Bishop Dwenger.  As as for THAT scenario....well we can find out about Leo/East Noble v. BD THIS year in the playoffs.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

Why is the downgrading of the 'better' teams in the NE8 ALWAYS on full display when it comes to the SAC?  

The NE8 is a formidable conference that has ebbs and flows, but to think that East Noble would be a middling SAC team is preposterous!  Clearly they would win the SAC "small" division.  And in the big division... perhaps 3 or 4.  They stack up well against Bishop Dwenger.  As as for THAT scenario....well we can find out about Leo/East Noble v. BD THIS year in the playoffs.  

Observation from last night: East Noble is good. I even felt that way when Snider was up 45-13 and a field goal away from a running clock. Snider is opportunistic, and that's what good teams do. Forcing a fumble deep in Knights territory is a good example of that. An illegal procedure stopped another good drive by EN in the first half. They never even punted the ball in the first half despite only having 7 points. 

That being said, I don't agree that East Noble would "clearly" win SAC's small division. North Side would have something to say about that. But I also think EN would be a lock in the three spot in the big division. 

I think EN played a good 1st half. I think a big swing in momentum was the onside/botched squid kick late in 1st half, gave Snider a short field and they capitalized on that, which was aided by the timeout EN took as Snider lined up for FG, then Snider comes out and ran play for that TD. EN was running ball well and Snider was giving up yardage. EN is an up and coming program with Amstutz at the helm. They don't play teams like Snider much, but getting those game types on their schedule will help program continue to grow. That area will continue to grow as the urban sprawl expands out of FWA, so expecting good things out of EN in future. 

While I am not shocked at the outcome, I am a little ticked because the game could have been closer.  EN had 2 good drives in the first half turn into zero points.  It could have easily been 14-14 at the half.  Throw in a stop on D for EN at some point in the second half and this game is close.  Coulda, woulda, shoulda though... Gotta give credit to Snider though for making the plays when it mattered most.  A sure sign of an elite program.

The explosive combo of Buchanan and Billingsley was too quick and shifty.  They broke and juked so many tackles it was actually fun to watch.  The quickness at which they scored every drive was impressive.  Sniders ability to move the ball down the field quickly and in large chunks is what made this game never really seem close. 

Edited by Knightsfan_01

15 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

Ok, Snider and Carroll are clearly better than East Noble, I would say North Side is as well with a full team, so East Noble slots in at 4th, which is what I said

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Komets2727 said:

Ok, Snider and Carroll are clearly better than East Noble, I would say North Side is as well with a full team, so East Noble slots in at 4th, which is what I said

So YOU think East Noble is 'less than' Northridge?  No matter the issues that the Legends are currently going through....

PULEEZE  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yuccaguy said:

So YOU think East Noble is 'less than' Northridge?  No matter the issues that the Legends are currently going through....

PULEEZE  

Get over yourself, you got East Noble 3rd, I got ‘em 4th, who cares. You would have a point if I said East Noble would be the worst team in the conference, I clearly didn’t. Heck, maybe Homestead is better than East Noble as well, not sure. Is Homestead the team that lost to Carmel 14-7 or are they the team that lost to Noblesville 42-0??

Edited by Komets2727

33 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Get over yourself, you got East Noble 3rd, I got ‘em 4th, who cares. You would have a point if I said East Noble would be the worst team in the conference, I clearly didn’t. Heck, maybe Homestead is better than East Noble as well, not sure. Is Homestead the team that lost to Carmel 14-7 or are they the team that lost to Noblesville 42-0??

Glad this is a BLOG.... tough guy.  Opinions are like, well ya know.  Perhaps you should:  

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

Only when YOU stop denigrating NE8 teams!  They deserve more respect!  

"East Noble is a middling team" (in the SAC)....  wow

4th place is middling??!! Wow. Let me explain something to you one freaking time. I love NE8 teams!! I have had family attend NE8 schools. I had a family member that was part of the East Noble 2000 state title team!!! Get over yourself…

Now, this is a Snider Panther thread, let’s get back to it

Edited by Komets2727

Rb1 ran for almost 300 yds last week n yet the game remained in doubt until midway 3rd quarter only due to miscues by a good East Noble team..eerily similar to wc dropping a few passes wk 1..lady luck? Football gods? The offense is rolling n definitely changes the game..imho the verdict is still out on the D...they haven't gelled as the offense has..like the lakers b4 their championships..star power while not being pulled on the same string...the Knights showed a few kinks in the panthers armor..

On 8/26/2023 at 3:49 PM, Komets2727 said:

Snider, yes as shown....Carroll, would need to see the matchup as I would have Carroll definately under Snider now.  NorthSide, I say no way.  North couldnt stop Northridge from running and East Noble would run all over them.  Plus East Noble's staff would simply out coach the North staff.....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NE8_Fan said:

Snider, yes as shown....Carroll, would need to see the matchup as I would have Carroll definately under Snider now.  NorthSide, I say no way.  North couldnt stop Northridge from running and East Noble would run all over them.  Plus East Noble's staff would simply out coach the North staff.....

Fair enough, but Carroll would beat East Noble. Carroll hung tough with HSE in week one at HSE. Most have HSE as a top 5 team in the entire state of Indiana and Carroll was right there with them. East Noble is nowhere near the top 30 in the state of Indiana and that means no disrespect to them.

Snider was up 45-13 midway thru the 4th quarter so while 45-28 looks good on paper, that game was never in doubt.Had they left their starters in, Snider would have had at least 52 points if not 59 points in that game. East Noble had no hope in stopping that offense. Defensively, the Panthers have some work to do, but again, the Knights don’t hit 28 points with the Panthers starters in during the 4th quarter.

I look forward to seeing what EN does come playoff time as I think it will be a lean year other than Snider for a state title run. EN might have the best chance to do it and I hope they do. I respect the fact that they scheduled Snider for the next 4 years as that will help them come playoff time

Edited by Komets2727

4 hours ago, NE8_Fan said:

Debatable. I think Snider and Carroll are clearly 1 & 2 in NE Indiana. That 3 spot could be East Noble or North Side (healthy), but I'll roll with the Knights with better quarterback play. I'm not ready to count out Homestead as long as the team that almost beat Carmel comes to surface. What about Columbia City, Warsaw, and New Haven? And do I dare say it? Adams Central. Positions 3-9 could be a crapshoot. The next few weeks will give us more clarity. 

• Like 1

On 8/21/2023 at 10:44 AM, BTF said:

What made him such a good coach at Mount Vernon? 

Comparing Mt Vernon to Warren, IMO, isn't necessarily a fair comparison. Different schools in so many ways other than the obvious a 4A school and a 6A school. What is more comparable is why the success with Ben Davis and what looks to be continued underachieving of expectations. Why the success at BD and not at WC? K shouldn't have struggled nearly as bad his second year with that talented group of seniors as he did. I say the same about the team this year. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, BTF said:

Up 45-0 with 25 seconds until halftime, Snider takes a knee on 1st and 10 at the Concordia 20. Kudos to the Snider coaching staff, that's some pretty solid sportsmanship. 

I agree, but as stated in another thread, why are we playing this game? Carroll is up 78-6 over South Side, last I checked, Snider is up 52-0 over Concordia and without Snider’s coaching staff showing some class, it could be whatever Snider wanted to score. Guess what, we play South Side next week…

2 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

I agree, but as stated in another thread, why are we playing this game? Carroll is up 78-6 over South Side, last I checked, Snider is up 52-0 over Concordia and without Snider’s coaching staff showing some class, it could be whatever Snider wanted to score. Guess what, we play South Side next week…

These schools have been competitive before..iron sharpens iron? Ac beat Blackhawk tonight by a rather large margin yet they may keep them on the schedule moving forward..dare I say super conferences are coming to the high school ranks? Football only..ac n new haven..heritage and warsaw?