Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Snider 2023

With less than 60 days to go, I'll get the 2023 thread going for the Mighty Panthers of Snider. Saw today that one of their top backs, De'Alcapon Veazy will not play this year and concentrate on wrestling per Blitz on Twitter. I expect Snider RB room to be fairly deep, so he will surely be missed, but don't think this is too devastating. 

QB question is one that needs to be answered, not sure who the contenders are for the starting nob. 

1 hour ago, psaboy said:

With less than 60 days to go, I'll get the 2023 thread going for the Mighty Panthers of Snider. Saw today that one of their top backs, De'Alcapon Veazy will not play this year and concentrate on wrestling per Blitz on Twitter. I expect Snider RB room to be fairly deep, so he will surely be missed, but don't think this is too devastating. 

QB question is one that needs to be answered, not sure who the contenders are for the starting nob. 

Saw that one coming. He'll go to the Division I school of his choosing in wresting. Too much to lose with a football related injury. 

• Like 1

Well maybe he might be playing football. However the Snider Twitter & social media accounts are thin skinned. Going after media individuals for dumb stuff last season & now. Good grief! I'd like Snider to win & do well but the Panthers aren't always reliable when it matters most. They're no different than my Flying Jets, Luers, or Dwenger.

1 minute ago, BTF said:

Saw that one coming. He'll go to the Division I school of his choosing in wresting. Too much to lose with a football related injury. 

Yes, He is one, if not the top one, in the nation at his weight class I hear.

4 minutes ago, Basementbias said:

Well maybe he might be playing football. However the Snider Twitter & social media accounts are thin skinned. Going after media individuals for dumb stuff last season & now. Good grief! I'd like Snider to win & do well but the Panthers aren't always reliable when it matters most. They're no different than my Flying Jets, Luers, or Dwenger.

Who they going after now??

1 minute ago, psaboy said:

Who they going after now??

Blitz as evidently it may not be true & went off rumors without asking him. Yes that's not how it should have went, but they'll blow this up like they did the South Side kid. I'll get blasted for my similar response on Twitter that I put on here. Oh well I don't cover SAC or any teams. Follow mostly 3A, 2A, & 1A.

2 minutes ago, Basementbias said:

Blitz as evidently it may not be true & went off rumors without asking him. Yes that's not how it should have went, but they'll blow this up like they did the South Side kid. I'll get blasted for my similar response on Twitter that I put on here. Oh well I don't cover SAC or any teams. Follow mostly 3A, 2A, & 1A.

No problem, just wondering, Would be nice if he plays. I'm not in area any more and not really connected so I get what I get off social pretty much.

I'm wondering about the QB spot, maybe BTF can provide some insight?

7 minutes ago, psaboy said:

No problem, just wondering, Would be nice if he plays. I'm not in area any more and not really connected so I get what I get off social pretty much.

No inside ties to the program. Last year's backup was a quick footed junior. Running attack should be solid . 

35 minutes ago, BTF said:

Or not, best just to put this to rest for now. 

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

The junior class is talented, qb1 could be the Jr, pretty lanky and had good mechanics. Just like Dwenger n many other programs, some of the best athletes are walking the hallways and this year will be no different. However mums the word on blitzes info. 

Looking forward to start of the season. Season goes by so fast though, before you know it, it's over.

• Like 2

On 7/1/2023 at 10:19 PM, Justasportsfan said:

The junior class is talented, qb1 could be the Jr, pretty lanky and had good mechanics. Just like Dwenger n many other programs, some of the best athletes are walking the hallways and this year will be no different. However mums the word on blitzes info. 

I think you are talking about Aaron Vance. It will likely come down to him or Ke'ron Biilingsley for QB1. 

8 hours ago, psaboy said:

I think you are talking about Aaron Vance. It will likely come down to him or Ke'ron Biilingsley for QB1. 

I usually avoid names on here..some kids ran track last year clocking a few decent times so their team speed looks to be improving..losing their top offensive guys..one being a game breaking D1 recruit will not be easy..even with a strong Jr class valpo's n Carroll's line didnt get any smaller..we have seen teams dwell on a deep post season run from prior years n lay an egg or use it as a spring board for success...regular season included...which path this year's team follows will be evident week 1...lining up with the storied wc program is a heckuva litmus test..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2023 at 9:16 PM, psaboy said:

QB is a big issue for Snider this season.  If they can find one, even serviceable that can make good decisions and make simple throws, they can contend. 

13 minutes ago, OldschoolFB said:

QB is a big issue for Snider this season.  If they can find one, even serviceable that can make good decisions and make simple throws, they can contend. 

I thinking it will come down to the senior that played a little bit last year and a junior they have. Time will tell. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, temptation said:

Those more in the know with football in the Fort, fill in the blank.

”If Snider can stay within ___ points of Warren in week 1, it proves they are a 5A state title contender.”

17 to 18..wc would get 21+ on most 5a programs..in the 1st half..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Those more in the know with football in the Fort, fill in the blank.

”If Snider can stay within ___ points of Warren in week 1, it proves they are a 5A state title contender.”

Whiteland beat LN last year who beat WC by 3 TDs. Transitive property aside, I don’t think the spread here is as high as it would’ve been 5 years ago. 

35 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Whiteland beat LN last year who beat WC by 3 TDs. Transitive property aside, I don’t think the spread here is as high as it would’ve been 5 years ago. 

Not sure I follow, care to elaborate?

15 minutes ago, temptation said:

Warren is a shell of its former self…no longer the bully it once was.

(See ducking Center Grove.)

Was Warren that much better than Snider from 2015 to 2018? I guess that's where I'm a bit confused by the comment.