Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

how to pick the winners

today i am going to introduce you all to the strategy that guides my betting, for educational purposes 

something tells me if you want entertainment to read quickly

as usual if you take me seriously it is your own damn fault

I call it the circle line dot NP strategy.

first a few rules/suggestions

1. beware of special teams that break the system, such as EC the last two years. 

2. high volume of small bets

3. look for fans of teams to bet against, not neutral people

- for instance: it is a lot harder to get @temptation to take only 19 points for a random team he isn't affiliated with, then it would be for say the father of the quarterback of that team

4. you're going to be betting on a lot of potential blowouts, once you find your target fan, throw out arbitrary numbers that aren't as lopsided as they seem, and then double down until they are sick of your arrogance and their ego accepts your terms.

ok now on to the meat of the betting strategy:

bet on teams inside of the circle of victory

29acb9b9e175a6298515219a3fe7d911.png

bet on teams south of the line of dominance

8fe90de7689bcaa645f4dd377d7ce076.png

bet on teams at the dots of success

f80021d1d2e92c080a62de4b6d052b1d.png

(if you think your team should be on the other side of the line or inside the dots it probably should, i did this on a track pad leave me alone)

and last but not least "NP" the notable privates

you know who they are, dont be afraid to put your faith on memorial, or andrean, vs some of the less notable schools under the line, but be weary of the circle

finally: don't play yourself, if you lose betting on ips schools its on you not the system

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sit and spin 1

9 minutes ago, temptation said:

But I’m not neutral according to some..

people calling you non neutral are in fact non neutral themselves...

honestly u can take the line out of the equation and just stick a dot on ec if u want

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Rodney said:

people calling you non neutral are in fact non neutral themselves...

honestly u can take the line out of the equation and just stick a dot on ec if u want

Can you edit the thread title to say “how to pick the whiners” instead?

7 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Advocating for gambling on a game played by children is tasteless. 

Have you not been paying attention to any of Rodney's posts? See Temp's post above. 

2 hours ago, BTF said:

They certainly don't care to discuss much in the way of football. 

Nope, never have in all the many years I've been here. No plans to start now. 

Let's gojones.jpg

Edited by gonzoron

Man we send a Class 1A state finalist 4 years in a row and aren't good enough to be in the area to pick from. Bummer.

10 hours ago, Basementbias said:

Man we send a Class 1A state finalist 4 years in a row and aren't good enough to be in the area to pick from. Bummer.

Adams Central and East Central are the outlier to this theory. There should have been a dot on those two small towns rather than a line that included the entire southeast portion of Indiana. The Jets are, arguably, the best football program in the state of Indiana regardless of class. 

Disclaimer: There are probably 15 programs in the state that could make that same claim. 

2 hours ago, BTF said:

Adams Central and East Central are the outlier to this theory. There should have been a dot on those two small towns rather than a line that included the entire southeast portion of Indiana. The Jets are, arguably, the best football program in the state of Indiana regardless of class. 

Disclaimer: There are probably 15 programs in the state that could make that same claim. 

Yeah, I was including SA with AC for this. SA made it to regionals how many times and fell to AC. Be curious to see how they do without AC around, though they were in a bit of rebuilding last year instead of reloading. 

4 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Is this an appropriate "football" thread, BTF?

I'm not an administrator so it's not my judgment call. I do consider this a fan forum though. The coaches have their own exclusive forum and very rarely do I ever see a current player posting on here. So in my opinion, I don't see it as inappropriate. I think you also have to the look at the source. Many of this poster's threads are created for entertainment purposes only, not to be taken literal. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BTF said:

I'm not an administrator so it's not my judgment call. I do consider this a fan forum though. The coaches have their own exclusive forum and very rarely do I ever see a current player posting on here. So in my opinion, I don't see it as inappropriate. I think you also have to the look at the source. Many of this poster's threads are created for entertainment purposes only, not to be taken literal. 

So Rodney also needs a subforum of his own as well? It's possible to create a private club on here, where only the members can see it. Is this what you would suggest?

Edited by gonzoron

2 hours ago, Basementbias said:

Yeah, I was including SA with AC for this. SA made it to regionals how many times and fell to AC. Be curious to see how they do without AC around, though they were in a bit of rebuilding last year instead of reloading. 

Fortunately for South Adams, Adams Central will no longer be a road block for them. I love the challenge AC will face in 2A. 

I do have an issue with the success factor though. Although AC would have been 2A regardless as a result of increase in enrollment, I don't agree that they should bump up a class as a result of points without a state title to show for it. Maybe that's something the IHSAA could look into. 

6 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

So Rodney also needs a subforum of his own as well? It's possible to create a private club on here, where only the members can see it. Is this what you would suggest?

Rodney is right here where he belongs, amongst the fans. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Basementbias said:

rodney does not bet on 1a football

also i cannot pinpoint you on a map

• Like 1
  • Haha 2