Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The rout is on!

BTF

45 minutes ago, BTF said:

Yes, I didn't clarify that in my last post. I was referring to years moving forward. 

Again, just because I’m not a fan doesn’t mean I’m a hater. It’s more the fact your (notice I used “your” correctly) rose colored glasses doesn’t allow you to see the full picture. Perennial top 10 recruiting classes but never seriously in the championship talk. I pretty much agree with Bob Ref’s evaluation of Kelly.

2 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

For who? IU or OSU? OSU’s next 3 weeks are bye, Rutgers, Maryland. IU has yet to play NW or Purdue, two of the three worst teams in the B10.

ND is out of any playoff discussion 

OSU as I don’t really care what IU does.

Just now, Gipper said:

OSU as I don’t really care what IU does.

And I also meant to include the B1G and subsequent bowl game or games...

5 hours ago, Staxawax said:

Again, just because I’m not a fan doesn’t mean I’m a hater. It’s more the fact your (notice I used “your” correctly) rose colored glasses doesn’t allow you to see the full picture. Perennial top 10 recruiting classes but never seriously in the championship talk. I pretty much agree with Bob Ref’s evaluation of Kelly.

Yes you did, congratulations on that......................... made me laugh. Anyway, let's talk about my "rose colored glasses." And enlighten me on the full picture.  I'm not sure how stating that a downpour of rain favors the team with a great run defense and no passing game makes me having "rose colored glasses." 

Bottom line, before and after the ND/Michigan game.....................Ohio State, Alabama, and Clemson are in a league of their own (none of which ND has been able to compete with on a recruiting level). LSU is on the outside looking in. Everyone else is battling for 5th place. Claiming that Notre Dame might be the 5th best team in the country on a neutral field isn't exactly "off the wall" thinking. How quickly people forget how competitive ND was against Georgia and largest ever crowd for a football game in their storied history. 

On 10/27/2019 at 8:03 PM, BTF said:

Yes you did, congratulations on that......................... made me laugh. Anyway, let's talk about my "rose colored glasses." And enlighten me on the full picture.  I'm not sure how stating that a downpour of rain favors the team with a great run defense and no passing game makes me having "rose colored glasses." 

Bottom line, before and after the ND/Michigan game.....................Ohio State, Alabama, and Clemson are in a league of their own (none of which ND has been able to compete with on a recruiting level). LSU is on the outside looking in. Everyone else is battling for 5th place. Claiming that Notre Dame might be the 5th best team in the country on a neutral field isn't exactly "off the wall" thinking. How quickly people forget how competitive ND was against Georgia and largest ever crowd for a football game in their storied history. 

Sorry, just read this and I had to.  I was so ready to let this due.

1.  YES, it is asinine to claim ND could compete for a top 5 spot after what we saw from them Saturday night.  Also, UGA is not what folks expected them to be at the start of the season.  Poor measuring stick.

2.  I hope you realize the rain stopped early in the third quarter in Ann Arbor Saturday night.  It was a 17 point game and THE WORST pass interference call I’ve ever seen in my life allowed ND to pull within 10 points with over 1 1/2 quarters to play.  A 17-7 game with nearly 20 minutes remaining should be ample time to get up off the mat and compete, which ND didn't.

Edited by Guest

On 10/29/2019 at 6:32 AM, Temptation said:

2.  I hope you realize the rain stopped early in the third quarter in Ann Arbor Saturday night.  It was a 17 point game and THE WORST pass interference call I’ve ever seen in my life allowed ND to pull within 10 points with over 1 1/2 quarters to play.  A 17-7 game with nearly 20 minutes remaining should be ample time to get up off the mat and compete, which ND didn't.

That's fine if you want to go there. Congratulations to Michigan on having the luckiest opening drive in college football history to set the tone for the game. Notre Dame defense dominates Michigan's offense on the opening drive forcing a three and out. Then Notre Dame's special teams dominates Michigan's special teams by blocking their punt. Ball skids forward, Notre Dame player touches it, Michigan recovers. First down. Nice lucky way to set the tone for the game. Your Wolverines, who are barely top 20 at best with an overrated coach, were extremely lucky to be able to play Notre Dame in worse case scenario weather conditions.......................the great equalizer. Too bad there won't be a rematch in better weather January 1st. Or maybe there should be since these two teams won't see each other for another 13 years. 

On 10/29/2019 at 6:32 AM, Temptation said:

1.  YES, it is asinine to claim ND could compete for a top 5 spot after what we saw from them Saturday night.  Also, UGA is not what folks expected them to be at the start of the season.  Poor measuring stick.

I guess we'll have to see how good Georgia is at the end of the season. Or this week for that matter. Alabama, Ohio State, and Clemson are in a league of their own. LSU is in tier two. The rest is a crapshoot (Notre Dame, Florida, and Penn State could be the #20 team for all we know). Maybe Florida holds that 5 spot. Maybe it's Penn State. Bottom line....................not much separation between 5 through 20. But according to you, ND isn't even top 20. Since you know everything, you're right, ND isn't a top 20 team and therefore can't make a claim for 5th. 

38 minutes ago, BTF said:

That's fine if you want to go there. Congratulations to Michigan on having the luckiest opening drive in college football history to set the tone for the game. Notre Dame defense dominates Michigan's offense on the opening drive forcing a three and out. Then Notre Dame's special teams dominates Michigan's special teams by blocking their punt. Ball skids forward, Notre Dame player touches it, Michigan recovers. First down. Nice lucky way to set the tone for the game. Your Wolverines, who are barely top 20 at best with an overrated coach, were extremely lucky to be able to play Notre Dame in worse case scenario weather conditions.......................the great equalizer. Too bad there won't be a rematch in better weather January 1st. Or maybe there should be since these two teams won't see each other for another 13 years. 

I guess we'll have to see how good Georgia is at the end of the season. Or this week for that matter. Alabama, Ohio State, and Clemson are in a league of their own. LSU is in tier two. The rest is a crapshoot (Notre Dame, Florida, and Penn State could be the #20 team for all we know). Maybe Florida holds that 5 spot. Maybe it's Penn State. Bottom line....................not much separation between 5 through 20. But according to you, ND isn't even top 20. Since you know everything, you're right, ND isn't a top 20 team and therefore can't make a claim for 5th. 

Other than Ohio State, Penn State is about the only other B1G team with a chance to get in the playoffs.  They will have to roll into Columbus on the 23rd of this month still undefeated.  Which means they will have beaten undefeated Minnesota on the 9th.   Lose to Minnesota and Penn State will be out of the picture no matter what they do in Columbus  If Minnesota wins out, I don't see them climbing high enough in the polls to get into the top 4.  They are currently in 13th place.  Then again if it is them and undefeated Ohio State in the B1G championship and the Gophers win, that might influence voters and get them a spot.  However, I don't see anyone in the B1G taking down the Buckeyes this year.  I think it will be Ohio State and either Bama or LSU in the final.  Clemson isn't as strong this year and I believe would lose to any of the other 3.

21 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

Other than Ohio State, Penn State is about the only other B1G team with a chance to get in the playoffs.  They will have to roll into Columbus on the 23rd of this month still undefeated.  Which means they will have beaten undefeated Minnesota on the 9th.   Lose to Minnesota and Penn State will be out of the picture no matter what they do in Columbus  If Minnesota wins out, I don't see them climbing high enough in the polls to get into the top 4.  They are currently in 13th place.  Then again if it is them and undefeated Ohio State in the B1G championship and the Gophers win, that might influence voters and get them a spot.  However, I don't see anyone in the B1G taking down the Buckeyes this year.  I think it will be Ohio State and either Bama or LSU in the final.  Clemson isn't as strong this year and I believe would lose to any of the other 3.

I agree. Ohio State is firing on all cylinders. Penn State is good, but not good enough to take down the Buckeyes in Columbus. This just seems like a special year for Ohio State. I have them currently at #1 in my poll. 

35 minutes ago, BTF said:

I agree. Ohio State is firing on all cylinders. Penn State is good, but not good enough to take down the Buckeyes in Columbus. This just seems like a special year for Ohio State. I have them currently at #1 in my poll. 

I would agree about Penn State.  I watched their game against Michigan.  They are a good team.  However, I don't see them winning in Columbus.  They won't have all of those home fans wearing white.  I've heard it said the Buckeyes are the most complete team in America.  I think that's a pretty good assessment.   I've watched all of the Buckeyes games this year.  They've had a couple of slow spots here and there but in the end, they've bashed just about everyone.  Their closest game was against Michigan State and that was a 24 point win.  And we all know how they just dismantled Wisconsin.  Offense, defense, and special teams, they are just a machine.  It's funny how good they are this year and it is also Day's first year as a head coach.  If they win it all, I wonder if he'll get Coach of The Year?  I would think his name should at least be in the conversation.  Right now I'd say it's between him (Day) and Fleck at Minnesota for B1G coach of the year.  If I were voting, I'd vote for Fleck.  But there are still 4 more games to be played and the B1G title game.  But I did say "right now" so today I'd vote for Fleck.  LOL

2 hours ago, BTF said:

This is getting embarrassing for you...

12 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

I think you're right.....

Imagine this scenario....LSU beats Bama and goes to the SEC title game

LSU loses to Georgia...both have identical records...with Georgia winning head to head.....

So who goes?  All 3 have identical records with Bama playing one less game.....

I get a lot has to happen for that to occur, but the potential is there.....

If LSU beats bama they are in. That offense is just crazy 

4 minutes ago, Gipper said:

I think LSU will be Bama by a wide margin.  I also like Ohio State, Clemson, and maybe...BAYLOR!!!

Wow, bold call (Baylor).  I'm thinking if LSU beats Bama during the season, it won't matter if LSU loses the SEC title game.  They will still get in the playoffs.  Maybe not as the top seed, but they will still get in.  Now if they win the SEC title game also, I think that might push Bama out (believe it or not).  I guess that could open the door for a team like Baylor, but several things will need to happen.  The pollsters do have that SEC bias, so maybe they'd keep a one loss Bama.  The preseason polls come out and 3/4 of the SEC teams are ranked.  LOL  Go figure.  Pollsters love the SEC..  They just have to have a #1 vs #2 matchup somewhere during their season.  They won't get it this year in the SEC title game (thank goodness!)

5 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

Wow, bold call (Baylor).  I'm thinking if LSU beats Bama during the season, it won't matter if LSU loses the SEC title game.  They will still get in the playoffs.  Maybe not as the top seed, but they will still get in.  Now if they win the SEC title game also, I think that might push Bama out (believe it or not).  I guess that could open the door for a team like Baylor, but several things will need to happen.  The pollsters do have that SEC bias, so maybe they'd keep a one loss Bama.  The preseason polls come out and 3/4 of the SEC teams are ranked.  LOL  Go figure.  Pollsters love the SEC..  They just have to have a #1 vs #2 matchup somewhere during their season.  They won't get it this year in the SEC title game (thank goodness!)

Yeah, you're right about the pollsters and the SEC, you can thank ESPN for that.  Although Baylor was an outside the box prognostication for sure, it would be great to see them in there given the whole Art Briles fiasco...

2 hours ago, Gipper said:

Yeah, you're right about the pollsters and the SEC, you can thank ESPN for that.  Although Baylor was an outside the box prognostication for sure, it would be great to see them in there given the whole Art Briles fiasco...

ESPN kinda owns the SEC.  They are the same way with the Patriots.  Bias, bias, bias.  Got sick of it and stopped watching ESPN.  The Patriots could be 0 for the season and they would STILL get al of the storylines on ESPN newcasts.  Made me sick.  I think the Big 12 lost their shot in the final four when Oklahoma lost.  You could be right calling Baylor but they need a lot of help.  Still several games left and the conference title games.  Thinking Clemson is a lock by default.  It is them and everyone else in the ACC.  So they will stay in the top four.  I don't think they will be the top team in the final four though.  Now I have to keep an eye on two teams:  Minnesota AND Baylor. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

I would agree about Penn State.  I watched their game against Michigan.  They are a good team.  However, I don't see them winning in Columbus.  They won't have all of those home fans wearing white.  I've heard it said the Buckeyes are the most complete team in America.  I think that's a pretty good assessment.   I've watched all of the Buckeyes games this year.  They've had a couple of slow spots here and there but in the end, they've bashed just about everyone.  Their closest game was against Michigan State and that was a 24 point win.  And we all know how they just dismantled Wisconsin.  Offense, defense, and special teams, they are just a machine.  It's funny how good they are this year and it is also Day's first year as a head coach.  If they win it all, I wonder if he'll get Coach of The Year?  I would think his name should at least be in the conversation.  Right now I'd say it's between him (Day) and Fleck at Minnesota for B1G coach of the year.  If I were voting, I'd vote for Fleck.  But there are still 4 more games to be played and the B1G title game.  But I did say "right now" so today I'd vote for Fleck.  LOL

They've dismantled everyone they've played without a lapse. That's the sign of a national champion. If OSU wins it all, I can't imagine Day not winning Coach of the Year. 

30 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Minnesota and Baylor are fool’s gold.

I think I would have waited until after next weekend to make that comment.  Well at least in Minnesota's case.  If they beat Penn State, I wouldn't call that "fool's gold".  Can't say for Baylor, I'd have to look at their schedule.

26 minutes ago, BTF said:

They've dismantled everyone they've played without a lapse. That's the sign of a national champion. If OSU wins it all, I can't imagine Day not winning Coach of the Year. 

Yeah they've been mollywhopping pretty much everyone.  Was especially happy to see them beat up the Badgers.  Got tired of the broadcasters yammering on about how Wisconsin's defense was #1 nationally in this category and that category.   "They've only given up 197 total yards per game!"  Ohio State had 431 total yards.  LOL  Also was glad they FINALLY shut up about Taylor and the Heisman.  He ain''t gettin' it now is he? LOL I think he had less than 60 yards for the game.   The Buckeyes did the same thing the last time Wisconsin had an "all world" RB.  He had only 69 yards and the Buckeyes blew them out of the stadium.  What was it?  59 - 0?  Something like that.   As I said, I would hope that Day is at least in the conversation.  You know how some of those dweebs are:  "Well he did win it with Meyer's recruits.  We'll give it to Saban instead.  He had to win games with a backup quarterback.  We'll wait and see if Day can win with players he recruited."  What a joke!

Edited by itiswhatitis

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Move along peasant. 

Anyone who blames the weather (which both teams play in) and “luck” in a THIRTY ONE point loss AND comes back and attempts to make a case for its team to still be among the top 6 in the country needs to be institutionalized.  Then he calls the winning coach “overrated” despite getting dominated by said coach.  There were plenty more drives for ND to get back in the game but they couldn’t stop a running game which was shut down by Army and Iowa, lol.

You just better hope “luck” and weather is on Homestead’s side tomorrow night and they cover the 27.5 or you’re 0-2 in a 6 day span son.

Edited by Guest