Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MIC SEMIS

4 minutes ago, Warren05 said:

Other than Pike the only other MIC teams to lose lost to another MIC team. BD will have its hands full next week but if they win it will prob be an all MIC final 4 in the south half of the bracket

BD will roll Southport next week.  Also, impossible to have an all MIC final four as it’s an HCC Championship game in sectional 5.

3 minutes ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

BD will roll Southport next week.  Also, impossible to have an all MIC final four as it’s an HCC Championship game in sectional 5.

Yea I just saw that. I thought BD and BBurge were in the same sectional see as how they are close together. My bad. 

Watched the flag fest tonight in Brownsburg.  Big rivalry, yes but so much undisciplined play.  I know it’s just one week and I’ve been on the HCC bandwagon all year but if Brownsburg doesn’t clean up their act, the MIC will reign supreme again.

Edited by Guest

28 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Watched the flag fest tonight in Brownsburg.  Big rivalry, yes but so much undisciplined play.  I know it’s just one week and I’ve been on the HCC bandwagon all year but if Brownsburg doesn’t clean up their act, the MIC will reign supreme again.

But I thought the MIC was on a doomsday spiral and the HCC was on the rise lol? All jokes aside, 6A is even more WIDE open than anticipated. 1-8 Noblesville took 9-0 Homestead to the wire and should have won honestly. 

Does Warsaw, Merrillville, Westfield, or Homestead have enough fire power to upset Carmel?

Is there even a big-time favorite to choose from out of the South? 

Edited by MICFan34

13 minutes ago, MICFan34 said:

But I thought the MIC was on a doomsday spiral and the HCC was on the rise lol? All jokes aside, 6A is even more WIDE open than anticipated. 1-8 Noblesville took 9-0 Homestead to the wire and should have won honestly. 

Does Warsaw, Merrillville, Westfield, or Homestead have enough fire power to upset Carmel?

Is there even a big-time favorite to choose from out of the South? 

Speaking of Noblesville, I think this answers our question about Homestead getting into the finals.

Maybe I am just an old “get off my lawn” type of guy but I also am a bit nervous about how Brownsburg celebrated tonight as if they won the state championship.

I get that it is a rivalry game, a lot of emotion goes into it, and they’ve had 365 days to taste last year‘s results but I have a hard time believing that Warren, Carmel, BD and CG rushed the field tonight after a SECTIONAL SEMI FINAL victory.

Hope the Bulldogs aren’t satisfied.

3 hours ago, Staxawax said:

I’m sure the seniors were very emotional in beating THE rival and the #1 team. But, I think they have the same goal...... winning a state championship. Every game from here on out will be tough. Hart will prepare them well.

I’m sure you’re right, it just had a very “little brother” feel to it.

6 hours ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

Speaking of Noblesville, I think this answers our question about Homestead getting into the finals.

My guess is that they bow out to Carmel. They seem to be satisfied after winning the SAC for the first time since they joined in 2015.....................and beating Snider for the first time in 13 years. Last night was a wake up call for sure. If that is what a 1-8 team from the HCC is like, what will a 7-3 Carmel team out of the MIC do to them? I do think the Spartans will play Camel with lots of passion and put their best foot forward. Carmel has had their way with them in recent years like Snider has. 

In all fairness to Homestead, they did take a hit when their starting running back went out with a season ending injury a few weeks ago. They aren't going to be the same team without him, but still enough firepower to make some noise in the tournament. 

10 hours ago, Staxawax said:

I’m sure the seniors were very emotional in beating THE rival and the #1 team. But, I think they have the same goal...... winning a state championship. Every game from here on out will be tough. Hart will prepare them well.

They'd better be ready. Shark's in the water.

Ben Davis, Warren Central, Center Grove, Carmel be like...

images.jpg

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, BTF said:

My guess is that they bow out to Carmel. They seem to be satisfied after winning the SAC for the first time since they joined in 2015.....................and beating Snider for the first time in 13 years. Last night was a wake up call for sure. If that is what a 1-8 team from the HCC is like, what will a 7-3 Carmel team out of the MIC do to them? I do think the Spartans will play Camel with lots of passion and put their best foot forward. Carmel has had their way with them in recent years like Snider has. 

In all fairness to Homestead, they did take a hit when their starting running back went out with a season ending injury a few weeks ago. They aren't going to be the same team without him, but still enough firepower to make some noise in the tournament. 

I think teams (n their fan base) that don't play Indy or region teams on the regular may be a little shocked the first few times. Being the big dog on the block changes sometimes when u switch neighborhoods. Without their rb..imo Carroll will be the more formidable foe at the regional level. Even then..its a reason why "they are who we thought they were"

Edited by Justasportsfan
Grammatical error

13 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

I think teams (n their fan base) that don't play Indy or region teams on the regular may be a little shocked the first few times. Being the big dog on the block changes sometimes when u switch neighborhoods. Without their rb..imo Carroll will be the more formidable foe at the regional level. Even then..its a reason why "they are who we thought they were"

What have region teams done recently to earn their way into this conversation?  Have they bullied SAC/FW schools?

On 11/1/2019 at 11:10 PM, Temptation said:

Looking more and more like the case after tonight.  I’ll eat my crow.

On 11/1/2019 at 11:55 PM, Temptation said:

Maybe I am just an old “get off my lawn” type of guy but I also am a bit nervous about how Brownsburg celebrated tonight as if they won the state championship.

I get that it is a rivalry game, a lot of emotion goes into it, and they’ve had 365 days to taste last year‘s results but I have a hard time believing that Warren, Carmel, BD and CG rushed the field tonight after a SECTIONAL SEMI FINAL victory.

Hope the Bulldogs aren’t satisfied.

Anyone want the winning lottery numbers this week?

On 11/2/2019 at 1:31 AM, Staxawax said:

Yikes.