Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The long awaited New Pal vs Cathedral matchup

1 minute ago, Olympian06 said:

I don’t look at ratings. I haven’t for years. Are you confident that a team from the north can beat New Pal? 

Confident? Lol.............I wouldn't bet against New Pal. They beat Center grove by 19 and Cathedral by 25. To say that is impressive would be an understatement. 

But there is a lot of talk about how good Valpo is and Dwenger might have the best defense in the state. I'm just saying nothing is guaranteed. 

11 minutes ago, BTF said:

There is probably no bigger supporter of the Sagarin Ratings than the high school football contingent from the Indianapolis area. And why not? The Sagarin annually is top heavy with Indy area teams. But I suppose his ratings are flawed now since New Pal is only a 3 point favorite over Valpo. 

So you are already conceding that Dwenger has nothing for Valpo?

Just now, Staxawax said:

So you are already conceding that Dwenger has nothing for Valpo?

Dwenger might have the best defense in the state. I wouldn't concede the Saints against anyone. Defense wins championships. 

15 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

It was Cathedral controlling the game until midway through the 3rd quarter.  The Irish had the ball on the 10 yard line looking like they were going to add to a 10-7 lead, and then the bottom fell out after not being able to finish off another drive.  It just snowballed from there.  It was a very good season for the Irish that ended in such a sudden fashion that it was head spinning.  Orin Edwards was an outstanding QB who had one bad game and that was tonight.  New Pal had a lot to do with that with their bend but don't break defense.  They got the stops in the red zone.  Actually the Irish may have thrown a few passes too many tonight.  The running game seen to be in gear but it seemed the Irish just went away from it at times.

Spegal is the real deal.  No one for many years has run for over 280 against the Irish.  He seemed invisible at times.  He got outside way too many times and when he did he was gone, or at least got a big hunk of yards.  It will be tough for any team to stop him as he went against a pretty good defense and looked like a true all stater.

Good luck to the Dragons, although I don't think they'll need it as long as they have #32.

Agree - Someone earlier commented on run game. The O-line was getting it done....runners peeling off yards 3 and 4 at a time and producing extended drives in the first half.  No reason to not run the ball in the red zone. Play caller shares blame on that one (whoever that is).  Good game until 4th Q. Congrats to  New Pal

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

5A North Semi-State game is playing to see who finishes 2nd place in the state 😂

Winner of Valpo Dwenger will give new pal a game and possibly win. Hopefully Columbus East moves all the way back to 4a soon, it sucks to watch the whole playoffs at home. 

4 minutes ago, FWfootball10 said:

Winner of Valpo Dwenger will give new pal a game and possibly win. Hopefully Columbus East moves all the way back to 4a soon, it sucks to watch the whole playoffs at home. 

Columbus East is in 6A clown.. talk about foot inserted into mouth.. Let me know when you make it to 6A 😂

It only took Columbus East, New Pal and Cathedral bumping up for Dwenger to be able to finally get enough points to bump up to 5A 😂

Edited by Olympian06

Columbus East is in 6A clown.. talk about foot inserted into mouth.. Let me know when you make it to 6A 😂

It only took Columbus East, New Pal and Cathedral bumping up for Dwenger to be able to finally get enough points to bump up to 5A 😂

Yeah exactly they are in 6a, they couldn’t compete in 5a with the teams in it now so they need to move back to 4a to have a chance.

Just now, FWfootball10 said:

Yeah exactly they are in 6a, they couldn’t compete in 5a with the teams in it now so they need to move back to 4a to have a chance.

Like a top 3 Columbus East team of all time beat an average dwenger team by 1 point at state. Congrats. 

1 minute ago, FWfootball10 said:

Seemed like they competed just fine considering they received enough points in 4A to bump to 5A, then received enough points in 5A to bump to 6A. You once again, are making no sense.. Try again fanboy 

Edited by Olympian06

Like a top 3 Columbus East team of all time beat an average dwenger team by 1 point at state. Congrats. 

Er, thanks? 

Just now, Olympian06 said:

@dmizers3 from what I’ve learned, when you can’t compete in a higher class, they bump you up to another class 😂

It’s truly unfortunate I have to share the same air as some of these people. 

I just read that and probably lost 40 IQ points 🤣🤣🤣🤣  all I can say is wow, just wow

• Haha 1

Just now, dmizers3 said:

I just read that and probably lost 40 IQ points 🤣🤣🤣🤣  all I can say is wow, just wow

Agreed, probably some kid between the ages of 20-24 still cruising the local high school lot trying to pick up chicks... he’s not very intelligent 

Just now, Temptation said:

I do think that New Pal will have to play a clean/solid game to get by the Dwenger/Valpo winner.  They can’t just show up.

I think they will have to play a pretty solid game as well, but I’m trying to get some action on this GID donation betting. Quit ruining it! LOL 

• Haha 1

Agreed, probably some kid between the ages of 20-24 still cruising the local high school lot trying to pick up chicks... he’s not very intelligent 

Hopefully Columbus East makes it past the first round next year so you can talk about them instead of trolling other teams. 

1 minute ago, Temptation said:

I do think that New Pal will have to play a clean/solid game to get by the Dwenger/Valpo winner.  They can’t just show up.

Oh absolutely.   Both are very good teams.  But I'd say the Dragons would be a solid favorite over either.  But a win is far from guaranteed.

Just now, FWfootball10 said:

Hopefully Columbus East makes it past the first round next year so you can talk about them instead of trolling other teams. 

Brave...Insightful...Amazing

When you bump up 2 classes due to the success factor, come talk to me... until then, keep cruising those local lots peasant.

2 schools have bumped up 2 classes due to the success factor... Cathedral and Columbus East... soon to be a 3rd in New Pal. 

Just now, Olympian06 said:

Brave...Insightful...Amazing

When you bump up 2 classes due to the success factor, come talk to me... until then, keep cruising those local lots peasant.

2 schools have bumped up 2 classes due to the success factor... Cathedral and Columbus East... soon to be a 3rd in New Pal. 

Lol ok troll while you’re at it get off New Pals jock strap 

4 minutes ago, dmizers3 said:

Oh absolutely.   Both are very good teams.  But I'd say the Dragons would be a solid favorite over either.  But a win is far from guaranteed.

Yes I agree New Pal would be a favorite but your Columbus East buddy is saying Valpo or Dwenger would have no chance. Thanks for insulting my IQ btw. 

25 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

I got one better... I’ll give you Valpo and Dwenger, I’ll take New Pal.... $50 GID Donation... @Coach Nowlin we might have another bet... 

It doesn’t quite work that way. You said the winner of Valpo and Dwenger have no chance. I clearly said New Pal is still the favorite so why would I make a straight up bet? Looks like your lack of intelligence is showing. You donate 50 if Dwenger or Valpo win and I’ll donate 20 if New Pal wins. Deal? 

It doesn’t quite work that way. You said the winner of Valpo and Dwenger have no chance. I clearly said New Pal is still the favorite so why would I make a straight up bet? Looks like your lack of intelligence is showing. You donate 50 if Dwenger or Valpo win and I’ll donate 20 if New Pal wins. Deal? 

$50 for $50. Pot calling the kettle black when referring to someone’s intelligence.. I’m the GID Bookie, you play by my rules. Either accept, or keep on moving peasant. 

Edited by Olympian06