Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Carson Steele picks up first offer from Indiana State

31 minutes ago, GoIrish1 said:

Good for him...the amount of D1 talent on these recent CG teams is pretty remarkable

Carroll (DB) to Cincy

Curry (DL) to anywhere he wants lol

Biddings (DL) to Louisville

Schott (DL) to Michigan State 

Jackson (QB) to Tennessee

Evans (Skill) to IU (PWO)

@Groverwho else am I missing? I assume there's a few potential FCS guys on the roster. 

Sam Buras OT Sr.  6’7 325 Committed Ball State 

Shane Bennett TE  committed D1(FCS) Indiana State

Had offers before season started:

Daniel Weems RB Sr. D1(FBS) Western Michigan, D1(FCS) Eastern Kentucky

Jacob Newlin C • Sr. • 6'2" • 275 lbs  D1(FCS) Valparaiso

Jackson Griffin DB Sr. 5' 11" 188 lbs D1(FCS)Dayton

Owen Green DT 6'2 260 Sr.  D1(FCS) Fordham

5 minutes ago, Slobberknocker said:

Sam Buras OT Sr.  6’7 325 Committed Ball State 

Shane Bennett TE  committed D1(FCS) Indiana State

Had offers before season started:

Daniel Weems RB Sr. D1(FBS) Western Michigan, D1(FCS) Eastern Kentucky

Jacob Newlin C • Sr. • 6'2" • 275 lbs  D1(FCS) Valparaiso

Jackson Griffin DB Sr. 5' 11" 188 lbs D1(FCS)Dayton

Owen Green DT 6'2 260 Sr.  D1(FCS) Fordham

👀👀

Holy cow, that's honestly incredible. I think Green is vastly underrated if he only has one offer. 

37 minutes ago, MICFan34 said:

Carroll (DB) to Cincy

@Groverwho else am I missing? I assume there's a few potential FCS guys on the roster. 

Can anyone tell me more about the Biddings to Louisville ordeal?  Someone made a big stink about it on Facebook last month and he is listed as a "walk on" at Louisville and 247 lists it as his only offer.

Wouldn't common sense state that if the kid can walk on at Louisville he could also earn a scholarship to a lower level/non power 5 school?  

What's the deal?

47 minutes ago, MICFan34 said:

Carroll (DB) to Cincy

In addition to those listed by @Slobberknocker Harrison Stomps (WR) has a Dayton offer.

Owen Green is a perfect example of why you can't judge high school teams only by the number of big recruits they have.  Owen is a beast.  Fantastic defensive tackle.  The good Lord blessed him with tremendous strength and a low center of gravity but not the height P5 teams are looking for.  He'll likely go play for a smaller school that will be thrilled to have him.

13 minutes ago, temptation said:

Can anyone tell me more about the Biddings to Louisville ordeal?  Someone made a big stink about it on Facebook last month and he is listed as a "walk on" at Louisville and 247 lists it as his only offer.

Wouldn't common sense state that if the kid can walk on at Louisville he could also earn a scholarship to a lower level/non power 5 school?  

What's the deal?

My understanding is he's a PWO.

3 minutes ago, Grover said:

In addition to those listed by @Slobberknocker Harrison Stomps (WR) has a Dayton offer.

Owen Green is a perfect example of why you can't judge high school teams only by the number of big recruits they have.  Owen is a beast.  Fantastic defensive tackle.  The good Lord blessed him with tremendous strength and a low center of gravity but not the height P5 teams are looking for.  He'll likely go play for a smaller school that will be thrilled to have him.

My understanding is he's a PWO.

My question still remains.  Why “accept” a PWO when you could get your schooling paid for for 4-5 years  somewhere else?

Just bizarre to see no other offers.

10 minutes ago, temptation said:

My question still remains.  Why “accept” a PWO when you could get your schooling paid for for 4-5 years  somewhere else?

Just bizarre to see no other offers.

Could be anything.  You could have just as easily said that about Matt Hohlt or Conner Delp from last year's CG team.  Just a couple days ago Mitch Evans committed to IU as a PWO.  Same deal.

Edited by Grover

7 minutes ago, Grover said:

Could be anything.  You could have just as easily said that about Matt Hohlt or Conner Delp from last year's CG team.  Just a couple days ago Mitch Evans committed to IU as a PWO.  Same deal.

Just figured common sense would state to play out the season, take your visits and explore your options.  This kid “committed” weeks ago.

Is a PWO (nothing guaranteed) at a P5 school better than a full ride to a MAC school?

Edited by temptation

• 1 month later...