Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sad News Out of Cathedral today

This one is a hard pill to swallow.  A group of us Dad's who currently have boys on the team, just had a conversation about this upcoming season.  Mario's name just kept coming up about how he was going to be such a great leader with such a young secondary coming back.  It's still just such a shock and the fact that this young man truly played so much larger than his size.  Fly high Mario!  We will get you that state title you told all the boys you were going to lead them to!  W.I.N.  

Edited by IndplsCathedral_Dad
left out words

Absolutely awful.  And it is going to be very difficult on his friends who can't get together in a large group because now is when they need each other.  Prayers to the Cathedral football family and to this young man's family.  

• Like 1

This is a difficult thing to endure in normal times.  I am certain it's even tougher when kids don't have each other around to physically lean on.  Deepest condolences to all those involved from the Roncalli family and this Cathedral alum.

I read everything in this thread

Did not see any details pertaining to the shooting

Was it a random drive by?

Was a crime involved?

Gang activity?

Or is it all just random speculation at this time while the police department conducts its investigation

Im sure the police know exactly what happened and why at this point.

15 hours ago, DT said:

I read everything in this thread

Did not see any details pertaining to the shooting

Was it a random drive by?

Was a crime involved?

Gang activity?

Or is it all just random speculation at this time while the police department conducts its investigation

Im sure the police know exactly what happened and why at this point.

An investigation is still pending so no, all the details have not been released. Regardless that's neither here or there, 2 young man tragically lost their lives to senseless gun violence. 

Edited by Footballking16
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

An investigation is still pending so no, all the details have not been released. Regardless that's neither here or there, 2 young man tragically lost their lives to senseless gun violence. 

Noted and thanks   Please post the details when available.

Edited by DT

9 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

Nothing to report so far.  I hope some news is forthcoming.  Details seem to be sketchy.

The identity of the second deceased is listed in this article, John Jennings. Article also states that the third person shot and in critical condition is Mario's younger brother. No details of the shooting or suspects have been given at this point. 

https://www.idsnews.com/article/2020/04/friends-family-grieve-remotely-cathedral-high-school-student-indianapolis-shooting

On 4/3/2020 at 8:42 AM, Footballking16 said:

The identity of the second deceased is listed in this article, John Jennings. Article also states that the third person shot and in critical condition is Mario's younger brother. No details of the shooting or suspects have been given at this point. 

https://www.idsnews.com/article/2020/04/friends-family-grieve-remotely-cathedral-high-school-student-indianapolis-shooting

I'm unable to register to get the story.  Could you please give me a synopsis of the article.  I knew that the hospitalized survivor was Mario's brother.

Thank you!

On 4/4/2020 at 11:27 AM, PHJIrish said:

I'm unable to register to get the story.  Could you please give me a synopsis of the article.  I knew that the hospitalized survivor was Mario's brother.

Thank you!

It’s no different than the previous articles linked other than it names the second victim; investigation ongoing, no suspects, etc, etc