Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Packers 2020

DumfriesYMCA

27 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Although I may not "Love" it at first glance, this could be our QB of the future, do you really think it would have been Tim Boyle?  Plenty of quality dudes left...

I think it’s more than just a missed opportunity to get someone who can help now. There’s also the prospect of Mr. Sensitive getting butt-hurt over this and sulking, as he is wont to do from time to time.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I think it’s more than just a missed opportunity to get someone who can help now. There’s also the prospect of Mr. Sensitive getting butt-hurt over this and sulking, as he is wont to do from time to time.

Well said, Aaron Rodgers isn't without fault. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bobref said:

Considering how Rogers was treated when he first went to the Packers, I'd say he wants to get some kind of "payback".  Not defending him, cuz I could care less about the Packers and especially Rogers and his big ego.  They could have used the pick for help at WR before another QB.  Not too bright of a move.

• Thanks 1

The questions I have are 

1. Was there someone available that could help the team NOW? 

2. Would Love have been around for the 2nd round pick? 

My thinking is the answer to both is yes. 

Based on the pick, there is something I wondered most of last season. The message is clear in my mind to Rodgers. You signed your last contract with this team. You won't be pushed out the door; you will play out this contract, but that is it. There were a couple games early last season that made me wonder if LaFleur and Rodgers were ever really on the same page. There were a couple of moments in multiple games with the offense coming off the field; the look on both of their faces was just odd. LaFleur looked pissed, and A A Ron looked bored; had that Cutler face....Bears fans know what I mean. 😄  I remember thinking then this is not going to end well. Aaron was able to get rid of one coach; he is at the point in his career that it will NOT happen again. So, that leads me to wonder just how motivated will Aaron be this season, or even next. 

• Like 1

Taking an off ball linebacker in the 1st is rarely worth it so I get why we didn’t do that. 

I thought it was for Mims or Higgins.

after time to digest this is a move that is smart so we don’t have to have a tank season or have a rough transition period like the patriots since they sold their heir in jimmy G.

its still tough to swallow. 

in 2022 will I love see Love bloom and becoming the face of the franchise absolutely.  But right now. It’s just a tough pill to swallow and basically says we are looking for more of a miracle Super Bowl run. 

hoping we trade up to grab Higgins or mims. Maybe even Claypool.  Antonio Gandy-Golden is also a steal.  I’ve been hyping him for weeks. 

Malik Harrison OSU is a LB I’m looking at that I would appreciate taking. Otherwise maybe Evan Weaver late. 

this draft lacks off ball LBs sorely which is why 3 went in the 1st...although I still don’t know why jordyn brooks went in the 1st. 

THE SILVER LININGS. 

Trubs is the 5th best QB in the division 😂

If there was any position to trade up for its QB 

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Taking an off ball linebacker in the 1st is rarely worth it so I get why we didn’t do that. 

I thought it was for Mims or Higgins.

after time to digest this is a move that is smart so we don’t have to have a tank season or have a rough transition period like the patriots since they sold their heir in jimmy G.

its still tough to swallow. 

in 2022 will I love see Love bloom and becoming the face of the franchise absolutely.  But right now. It’s just a tough pill to swallow and basically says we are looking for more of a miracle Super Bowl run. 

hoping we trade up to grab Higgins or mims. Maybe even Claypool.  Antonio Gandy-Golden is also a steal.  I’ve been hyping him for weeks. 

Malik Harrison OSU is a LB I’m looking at that I would appreciate taking. Otherwise maybe Evan Weaver late. 

this draft lacks off ball LBs sorely which is why 3 went in the 1st...although I still don’t know why jordyn brooks went in the 1st. 

THE SILVER LININGS. 

Trubs is the 5th best QB in the division 😂

If there was any position to trade up for its QB 

Plenty of picks to go, hopefully this will turn out to be a great draft.  BTW, Jordan Love is very mobile and can probably do things Aaron can’t.

C85EC2B1-7A21-4100-BCF4-839CFABC8900.jpeg

• Kill me now 1

2 hours ago, Gipper said:

Plenty of picks to go, hopefully this will turn out to be a great draft.  BTW, Jordan Love is very mobile and can probably do things Aaron can’t.

C85EC2B1-7A21-4100-BCF4-839CFABC8900.jpeg

Come on @Bobref!  I thought you were more of a sport than that!  At least the we can say our QBs are A-Rod and J-Lo...

Just now, Gipper said:

Come on @Bobref!  I thought you were more of a sport than that!  At least the we can say our QBs are A-Rod and J-Lo...

B1006F0D-EE87-4E63-B3AA-756B673B8879.jpeg

• Haha 1

Happy with the Tight End pick out of Cincinnati, Leguara?   AJ Dillon is a back not in the same vein as Aaron Jones, so we’ll have two different options back there.  
As for WR, we did just pick up Devin Funchess, but there’s still a lot of talent out there (Donald Driver was a 7th round pick).  The same can be said for our other needs.

• Like 1

We took a FB/TE with a 6th round grade while Hopkins and the Bryant’s we’re still there. 

we grabbed a mini Derrick henry because lafluer has a Chubb for that kinda thing I guess

take a LB after nearly all are gone 

best wr class ever.  Biggest need for a WR ever. 

and we are going into the 6th without a new WR

hoping for people’s Jones/juaun johnson

this is what it’s like to be a bears fan 

We took a FB/TE with a 6th round grade while Hopkins and the Bryant’s we’re still there. 

we grabbed a mini Derrick henry because lafluer has a Chubb for that kinda thing I guess

take a LB after nearly all are gone 

best wr class ever.  Biggest need for a WR ever. 

and we are going into the 6th without a new WR

hoping for people’s Jones/juaun johnson

this is what it’s like to be a bears fan 

I feel your pain but we did pick up Devin Funchess and a lot of OLs in the later rounds.  Was KJ Hill drafted?  Maybe we can sign him as a free agent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gipper said:

I feel your pain but we did pick up Devin Funchess and a lot of OLs in the later rounds.  Was KJ Hill drafted?  Maybe we can sign him as a free agent.

I hate funchess with a passion lol 

we took 0 WRs in maybe the best WR class all time and WR was our biggest need. 

what a complete joke. Our only “weapon” for Rodgers is a TE/FB and the RB can’t pass catch.  

Im so upset.  I was so hopeful for a rookie WR I could stand behind and cheer for 

I hate funchess with a passion lol 

we took 0 WRs in maybe the best WR class all time and WR was our biggest need. 

what a complete joke. Our only “weapon” for Rodgers is a TE/FB and the RB can’t pass catch.  

Im so upset.  I was so hopeful for a rookie WR I could stand behind and cheer for 

Again, I’m with you.   There’s always free agency and I’m hoping MVS can have a breakout year...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I really hope so. I know that Rodgers was not really treated well by Favre. Favre was very open about his thinking it was not his job to bring Aaron along. 

I think Aaron is a better guy than BF was.  Sure, he's got boatloads of money, etc. but I think he's more of a team guy, Favre was very egotistical

7 minutes ago, Gipper said:

I think Aaron is a better guy than BF was.  Sure, he's got boatloads of money, etc. but I think he's more of a team guy, Favre was very egotistical

Initially, I agreed with that sentiment, and stated as such after Favre ended up in Minnesota. But these last few years, I am actually thinking the opposite is true. Just something that seems off with him; going back to the Olivia Munn days, and him alienating his family. 

18 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Initially, I agreed with that sentiment, and stated as such after Favre ended up in Minnesota. But these last few years, I am actually thinking the opposite is true. Just something that seems off with him; going back to the Olivia Munn days, and him alienating his family. 

Well, whatever the case may be, I think GB is in a good situation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Irishman said:

I really hope so. I know that Rodgers was not really treated well by Favre. Favre was very open about his thinking it was not his job to bring Aaron along. 

I believe that tweet was very much TIC as you know Rodgers and his "family" issues are well documented....  hence, he is going to treat him like "family" 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I believe that tweet was very much TIC as you know Rodgers and his "family" issues are well documented....  hence, he is going to treat him like "family" 

And there's a black sheep in every family...