Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Teenagers & Social Distancing

4 minutes ago, AG said:

I personally believe that all schools should either be canceled for the upcoming school year or it should all be done online again like it was in March, April, and May. 

I don’t.  

14 minutes ago, Temptation said:

I don’t.  

Then we're just going to continue this Covid charade until a vaccine is developed. If it was up to me, the federal government would mandatorily test the entire country. They should have done this months ago and it would have saved congress from having to pass several of these trillion dollar relief packages. Anyone testing positive is then quarantined. If they want to put up a fight, they can then be tried with a felony after their quarantine is finished. We need to get back to normal, but what we're doing isn't working.

Edited by AG

4 minutes ago, AG said:

Then we're just going to continue this Covid charade until a vaccine is developed. If it was up to me, the federal government would mandatorily test the entire country. They should have done this months ago. Anyone testing positive is then quarantined. If they want to put up a fight, then can then be tried with a felony after their quarantine is finished. We need to get back to normal, but what we're doing isn't working.

I don't have a problem with that. They could have done that in the spring and left the economy open in the process. Shutting down the economy did more harm than good. And when I say "economy", that includes sporting events. This is still a football discussion even though politics plays a hand. 

15 minutes ago, AG said:

Then we're just going to continue this Covid charade until a vaccine is developed. If it was up to me, the federal government would mandatorily test the entire country. They should have done this months ago and it would have saved congress from having to pass several of these trillion dollar relief packages. Anyone testing positive is then quarantined. If they want to put up a fight, they can then be tried with a felony after their quarantine is finished. We need to get back to normal, but what we're doing isn't working.

What does the development of a vaccine guarantee again?

57 minutes ago, Temptation said:

What does the development of a vaccine guarantee again?

If “guarantee” is your standard for a solution, you’re going to be disappointed. There are no guarantees with any solution ... including the “let’s get back to ‘normal’ and pretend there’s nothing going on” solution.

1 hour ago, AG said:

We can also call this the “let’s generate permanent employment for a lot of lawyers” solution.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AG said:

Preach.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bobref said:

If “guarantee” is your standard for a solution, you’re going to be disappointed. There are no guarantees with any solution ... including the “let’s get back to ‘normal’ and pretend there’s nothing going on” solution.

We can also call this the “let’s generate permanent employment for a lot of lawyers” solution.

Job security for you my man.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bobref said:

@AG insinuated that the Covid merry-go round would continue “until” (his words) there was a vaccine available...hence my question.

The flu (a disease 20 times more dangerous to children I might add) vaccine is readily available and is not 100 percent effective so my question remains.

27 minutes ago, Temptation said:

@AG insinuated that the Covid merry-go round would continue “until” (his words) there was a vaccine available...hence my question.

The flu (a disease 20 times more dangerous to children I might add) vaccine is readily available and is not 100 percent effective so my question remains.

Please stop with the comparisons of influenza to the SARS-CoV-2 virus. They are inapposite, misleading, and ultimately, dangerous.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Well obviously I meant until there is an "effective" vaccine available. 

8 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Please stop with the comparisons of influenza to the SARS-CoV-2 virus. They are inapposite, misleading, and ultimately, dangerous.

Indeed they are, especially when it comes to children...

2 minutes ago, Temptation said:

And that hits nail on the head!!!!!  But.......... some people don't want to acknowledge that.  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, AG said:

🤣

6 hours ago, AG said:

Well obviously I meant until there is an "effective" vaccine available. 

Well obviously.

7 hours ago, Bobref said:

I agree.  We’re not doctors, epidemiologists, scientists (although it would be very cool to say “Back off, man!  I’m a SCIENTIST!!!), but just football fans.  We can immerse ourselves in any type of journal, research, etc., but it’s meaningless.  The State of Indiana has much more qualified people.

8 hours ago, Temptation said:

Yes sir. 

8 hours ago, Mayo77 said:

And that hits nail on the head!!!!!  But.......... some people don't want to acknowledge that.  

Facts matter. 

18 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

Yes sir. 

Facts matter. 

A high percentage of people with an MD, OD, ANP, NP,  PA, PA-C, RN, etc. seem to go with the fact that we really aren't sure how it is going to go in the long run because it is very new and what they have seen in just a few months can be really bad. So they tell us not to mess around.  

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Robert said:

A high percentage of people with an MD, OD, ANP, NP,  PA, PA-C, RN, etc. seem to go with the fact that we really aren't sure how it is going to go in the long run because it is very new and what they have seen in just a few months can be really bad. So they tell us not to mess around.  

Then prescribe the HCQ, Zithro, Zinc and LETS GO!

9 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

Naturally.  There's a nice video awaiting you in OTB.

Edited by Robert
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

Q.  What do they call doctors who prescribe medication without any studies showing either it’s effectiveness or long term side effects?

A.  Defendants.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

Q.  What do they call doctors who prescribe medication without any studies showing either it’s effectiveness or long term side effects?

A.  Defendants.

🤔 Interesting on so many levels. 

4 hours ago, Bobref said:

A.  Defendants.

Right to try. 

Sorry. I couldn’t respond earlier. I was watching a presentation.