Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Purdue 2019/2020

Coach Nowlin

50 minutes ago, Sacked said:

I disagree. 

"Look at the four teams in the CFP."  Clemson, Ohio State have the #1 and #2 ranked defense 

"Look at the top of the NFL standings"  Dallas has the best offense in the league and sitting at 6-7. 

New England has the best defense and the 15th best offense. 

The 1/3/4/7 offenses are in the playoff.

Those teams are 1/3/27/48 on defense.

The top two teams in the NFC just played a 46-42 game this weekend.  The #1 scoring offense in the league is Baltimore.  8 of the top 10 scoring offenses in the league would make the playoffs if they were to start today.

2 hours ago, Temptation said:

The 1/3/4/7 offenses are in the playoff.

Those teams are 1/3/27/48 on defense.

The top two teams in the NFC just played a 46-42 game this weekend.  The #1 scoring offense in the league is Baltimore.  8 of the top 10 scoring offenses in the league would make the playoffs if they were to start today.

I am not going to say that a great offense and a mediocre defense will not win you a few football games but statistics will prove that having a better defense wins more. In that NFC 46-42 game, which team had the better defense? Do you think that #48 defense in the CFP will win it all? 

51 minutes ago, Sacked said:

I am not going to say that a great offense and a mediocre defense will not win you a few football games but statistics will prove that having a better defense wins more. In that NFC 46-42 game, which team had the better defense? Do you think that #48 defense in the CFP will win it all? 

So as I originally stated:  An elite offense combined with a defense with a pulse > an elite defense combined with an average offense.

On 12/9/2019 at 2:24 PM, Coach Nowlin said:

does not surprise me to see these guys in the Portal:   

TE Darius Pittman, Jr.

WR Noah Ellison, So.

CB Tyler Hamilton, So.

G/DT Alex Criddle, Sr.

WR Jordan Bonner, RSFr.

LB Ja’Qurius Smith, RSFr.

DL Giovanni Reviere. So.

1 minute ago, DT said:

Article says PU losing several to transfer.  Who is bailing?

See above from last page, I posted a few days ago. 

Pittman entered after Nevada game this year 

None looked to be able to break the lineup, especially the WR.   Hamilton came in as a WR, then flipped to CB, didn't work out.    Same with Criddle:  Tried OL then DL to no avail.   

Purdue has lost 2 DB to being "flipped" from Verbals:  Christian Gonazalez, but in all honestly, it was an odd Verbal to begin with.  He announced his top 3 I believe, PU was not on it, then all of a sudden verbals and says he committed to PU.   His buddy verbals to Colorado from his same HS and he goes to OV and flips.   The PU connection is he is the David Blough's brother in law.   

The Melton flip today to Rutgers is 100% Schiano hiring.  He is a legagy at Rutgers, Dad played their, Brother is on the team, but once they got 8 year contract for Schiano it was lights out for PU on that end.  He has big time speed and would of helped the Boilers immediately, but PU also has a WORLD CLASS SPEEEDSTER coming from Suburbs of Chicago, slot WR, but big time Return guy.   Like legit world class speed kid.  

Marcellus Moore:  https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/marcellus-moore-213245

Lane 5:   

set U20 World Record at Pan Am games this past summer

https://grn.milesplit.com/videos/399294

21 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

See above from last page, I posted a few days ago. 

Pittman entered after Nevada game this year 

None looked to be able to break the lineup, especially the WR.   Hamilton came in as a WR, then flipped to CB, didn't work out.    Same with Criddle:  Tried OL then DL to no avail.   

Purdue has lost 2 DB to being "flipped" from Verbals:  Christian Gonazalez, but in all honestly, it was an odd Verbal to begin with.  He announced his top 3 I believe, PU was not on it, then all of a sudden verbals and says he committed to PU.   His buddy verbals to Colorado from his same HS and he goes to OV and flips.   The PU connection is he is the David Blough's brother in law.   

The Melton flip today to Rutgers is 100% Schiano hiring.  He is a legagy at Rutgers, Dad played their, Brother is on the team, but once they got 8 year contract for Schiano it was lights out for PU on that end.  He has big time speed and would of helped the Boilers immediately, but PU also has a WORLD CLASS SPEEEDSTER coming from Suburbs of Chicago, slot WR, but big time Return guy.   Like legit world class speed kid.  

Marcellus Moore:  https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/marcellus-moore-213245

Lane 5:   

set U20 World Record at Pan Am games this past summer

https://grn.milesplit.com/videos/399294

I’ve been told we have to pump the brakes on kids like Moore because football is not played on a track.  It might not “translate.”

Am I doing this right @DannEllenwood?

@Footballking16?

Edited by Guest

Are you doing what right?  I don't pay enough attention to you to know if you are doing this or that right.

If you are just looking to get the last word in on a topic, have at it.

2 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

Are you doing what right?  I don't pay enough attention to you to know if you are doing this or that right.

If you are just looking to get the last word in on a topic, have at it.

Not you...your boy @Footballking16.

Sounds like Purdue lost another DB from the verbal class,  Stinson:   Flipping to Duke, HOWEVER word around the internet is that their is a DB from Michigan, with b10 offer that is flipping to Purdue this week.   Purdue hosted a JUCO Corner this past weekend, I believe they told him during the visit with the new news that he was not in their plans, so he released a top 5 without Purdue.    Strong indication that Purdue gets JUCO MLB who was verbal to LA Tech.   Big fella who supposedly is not too big for MLB.   not a great offer list, but I think PU told him he can play MLB for them:   

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/damarcus-mitchell-255247 

1 hour ago, Gipper said:

He was a warrior, sorry to see him go.  But new QBs, Alaimo, AOC, and Preferi need to be developed.

No Plummer?? 

54 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Does this almost force Brohm to give O'Connell a scholarship now?

Could this potentially hurt securing a Grad Transfer or JUCO?

Possibly, I am not too much in on JUCO/Grad Transfer route at this time as I believe that O"Connell's ability to go in there and productive has lightened the importance for Juco/Grad Transfer in this class.  

6 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

No Plummer?? 

Possibly, I am not too much in on JUCO/Grad Transfer route at this time as I believe that O"Connell's ability to go in there and productive has lightened the importance for Juco/Grad Transfer in this class.  

Talking about a scholarship that could have been used for a JUCO/Grad Transfer at whatever position (OL or MLB).

Brohm almost has to give a scholarship to O'Connell now doesn't he? Plummer is likely out for the spring and you'd only have a RS freshman Preferi for your spring practice unless Alaimo enrolls early. 

How could it be that the QB Whisperer Brohm does not have a single experienced signal caller on his roster heading in to Year 4 of his tenure?

Thats either really bad luck or really bad planning.

https://247sports.com/Article/Penn-State-receiver-Justin-Shorter-enters-NCAA-transfer-portal-139260179/

What has been asked around these parts:  What does Purdue do after Moore and Bell leave:   Well this guy maybe someone who can transfer, sit a year and play for 2?

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/justin-shorter-14432#school-interests

He just finished his RS Freshman season, sits his RS SOPH year, plays 1 year for PU and posts numbers that match his lofty 5 star ranking out of HS and BOOM, NFL. 

7 minutes ago, DT said:

How could it be that the QB Whisperer Brohm does not have a single experienced signal caller on his roster heading in to Year 4 of his tenure?

Thats either really bad luck or really bad planning.

Well O'Connell and Plummer both started games last year so he'll have 2 experienced signal callers heading into year 4 (unless O'Connell doesn't get a scholarship and transfers) and yes losing 3 QB's to injury is a little bit of bad luck. I believe Brohm has taken a QB in every class.

It just seems odd to me that you have absolutely no one on the depth chart who appears to be the first team QB for Air Brohm next season.  

Another huge roster misstep for Purdue.  

There's just no excuse for this kind of roster mismanagement.