Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Purdue 2019/2020

Coach Nowlin

The reality of this season has been clear since early on. There are far too many inexperienced players, coupled with numerous and often significant injuries that would be too much for a veteran team to overcome. It is largely a lost season from a going to a bowl perspective, but it is completely different to me than the Hazel years. I still watch these games to see the young talent develop. There is more ability out there than there has been since Tiller's early days. Once it grows up and some depth is established, this could be a very solid program. If the recruiting trends are any clue, I think they will get there. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, boilerfan87 said:

The reality of this season has been clear since early on. There are far too many inexperienced players, coupled with numerous and often significant injuries that would be too much for a veteran team to overcome. It is largely a lost season from a going to a bowl perspective, but it is completely different to me than the Hazel years. I still watch these games to see the young talent develop. There is more ability out there than there has been since Tiller's early days. Once it grows up and some depth is established, this could be a very solid program. If the recruiting trends are any clue, I think they will get there. 

Well said.  I will also submit yesterday’s playing conditions were horrible.  If Plummer didn’t throw that pick six and if a few balls weren’t dropped, the outcome could have been much different.  I like how these young guys are getting in game experience, but yesterday wasn’t their day. I’m taking clients to the Wisconsin game next month, hopefully they learn how to defend the run by then.  If not, no biggie as Mad City has its fair share of watering holes.

1 minute ago, TrojanDad said:

That was the key....Peters only threw for 26 yds on 6 attempts.  Illinois, in tough weather, gashed the Boilers with the run with 242 yds rushing.  The Illini was determined to run they ball and they did.  They punched Purdue in the mouth.

Probably saved Lovie’s job, too.

7 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

Perhaps....I thought he might have saved it last week when they beat Wisconsin. They also need a bowl appearance I think to give him more time there....at 4-4, they have a chance.  They will get Rutgers, but have 3 tough ones left with Iowa, Michigan State, and Northwestern.  I think they can do it.

Northwestern and Rutgers are almost certain wins, and Iowa and Sparty don’t seem all that daunting.  Sure, the Hawks are ranked, but given my feelings toward polls, I really don’t put much stock into that.

1 hour ago, TrojanDad said:

That was the key....Peters only threw for 26 yds on 6 attempts.  Illinois, in tough weather, gashed the Boilers with the run with 242 yds rushing.  The Illini was determined to run they ball and they did.  They punched Purdue in the mouth.

Bear football.  

HELP IS ON THE WAY!!!

As of today, Purdue's highly ranked Class of 2020 recruiting class includes 2 defensive linemen, 4 linebackers, 5 defensive backs, in addition to a four-star RB, QB, and WR.  Oh yeah, recruiting ain't over, more will sign.

Edited by Gipper

5 hours ago, Gipper said:

HELP IS ON THE WAY!!!

As of today, Purdue's highly ranked Class of 2020 recruiting class includes 2 defensive linemen, 4 linebackers, 5 defensive backs, in addition to a four-star RB, QB, and WR.  Oh yeah, recruiting ain't over, more will sign.

Just hope Brohm can start averaging more than 1 million bucks per win...

1 minute ago, Coach Nowlin said:

he has made progress this week according to Brohm, but not available this weekend

He has said as soon as he is healthy he plays, so I do not believe a Red Shirt will be used.  

Thank you clearing that up. it's not like we don't have a full stable of WR's...

I have never seen such a star-crossed season. I didn't even know how to react when Plummer went down. It was beyond "are you kidding me?" because there have been so many others. I think it was more like "well of course he is hurt." O'Connell has looked decent in limited time. Odds are they won't get a bowl game anyway, so hopefully they can beat Northwestern and keep the bucket in West Lafayette. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, boilerfan87 said:

I have never seen such a star-crossed season. I didn't even know how to react when Plummer went down. It was beyond "are you kidding me?" because there have been so many others. I think it was more like "well of course he is hurt." O'Connell has looked decent in limited time. Odds are they won't get a bowl game anyway, so hopefully they can beat Northwestern and keep the bucket in West Lafayette. 

I’ll be at the Wisconsin game.  Looks like me against 87,000 red wearing drunks jumping around...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1