Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Purdue 2019/2020

Coach Nowlin

On 12/3/2020 at 2:35 PM, Coach Nowlin said:

Bugaboo has been not winning close games

That is the narrative so far in the Brohm era.   Very close.... I forget the stat, but something silly loss rate of 1 touchdown or less.    frustrating. 

Each week, B10 OL's just Bully the front of Purdue.  no surgar coating it.  Then the offense for whatever reason couldn't find its grove against RUTGERS.....  

so disappointing 

Not giving up..... not calling for a change..   need to find a way 

I thought 5 Star GK was supposed to lift the entire D line to another level?  Was he overrated?

40 minutes ago, DT said:

I thought 5 Star GK was supposed to lift the entire D line to another level?  Was he overrated?

No.  Last year’s numbers were very gaudy for him as he was all-Freshman B1G.  He has been injured this year.  I expect big things him in 2021.  Hopefully his little brother will be on the team as well.

40 minutes ago, DT said:

I admittedly do not follow the Boilers as close as some, but one would think if a player is that good, you would be hearing about him.

Haven't heard really anything.

Not saying he isn't good.  Injuries?  Over rated?  Not enough talent around him which allows teams to double team him?  Etc.

Just now, Gipper said:

No.  Last year’s numbers were very gaudy for him as he was all-Freshman B1G.  He has been injured this year.  I expect big things him in 2021.  Hopefully his little brother will be on the team as well.

Thank you Gip.  You posted this before I submitted my post.  Good explanation.

18 minutes ago, DE said:

I admittedly do not follow the Boilers as close as some, but one would think if a player is that good, you would be hearing about him.

Not saying he isn't good.  Injuries?  Over rated?  Not enough talent around him which allows teams to double team him?  Etc.

No worries.  Hope all is well!

I was messaging a friend, and I am not sure how much weight to put behind this, but there are two plays that come to mind when I think about how the season for 3 teams has played out. The 2 point conversion by IU against Penn State changed the trajectory of both of their seasons. With sooo many close calls for IU over the last decade and more, I think they settle back into another average season if they miss. Penn State could very well have been where IU is right now if they get that stop. 

The other play....the HORRIBLE pass interference call against Purdue in the Minnesota game. With where Minnesota was heading with Fleck; or so we thought, a win there would have been HUGE for Purdue, and likely changes their season. While I am an IU fan, I don't like seeing Purdue struggle like this. 

On 12/13/2020 at 12:31 PM, Irishman said:

I was messaging a friend, and I am not sure how much weight to put behind this, but there are two plays that come to mind when I think about how the season for 3 teams has played out. The 2 point conversion by IU against Penn State changed the trajectory of both of their seasons. With sooo many close calls for IU over the last decade and more, I think they settle back into another average season if they miss. Penn State could very well have been where IU is right now if they get that stop. 

The other play....the HORRIBLE pass interference call against Purdue in the Minnesota game. With where Minnesota was heading with Fleck; or so we thought, a win there would have been HUGE for Purdue, and likely changes their season. While I am an IU fan, I don't like seeing Purdue struggle like this. 

I think injuries have killed any momentum for this program the last 2 years...not many teams could sustain this many injuries and move one...anyway...that is just an excuse...but, feel as though it is justifiable.

On 12/13/2020 at 10:50 AM, DE said:

I hope Yanni is as good as advertised, too.  Do we give Diaco a pass this year?

1 hour ago, Gipper said:

I hope Yanni is as good as advertised, too.  Do we give Diaco a pass this year?

I am not a Purdue fan nor Diaco fan, so tbh, I don't care what you guys do.  LOL.

I was surprised by the hire when Brohm made it.

17 hours ago, DE said:

I am not a Purdue fan nor Diaco fan, so tbh, I don't care what you guys do.  LOL.

I was surprised by the hire when Brohm made it.

No pass for Diaco, he was canned.  

Next man up, hopefully they can build a defense around the Brothers Karlaftis...

2 minutes ago, Gipper said:

No pass for Diaco, he was canned.  

Next man up, hopefully they can build a defense around the Brothers Karlaftis...

Did he ever where stupid "minor uniform color" pants, like he did at UCONN?

Bad hire.

Saw today that PU is ranked 14th in BT in recruiting during current cycle.

Is this the death knell for Brohm?  Recruiting is the lifeblood of every progrm and there can be no bigger scarlet letter than to be identified as last in your conference.

What are the ramifications for Brohm and his staff given current negatrive trajectory of the program?

2 hours ago, DT said:

Saw today that PU is ranked 14th in BT in recruiting during current cycle.

Is this the death knell for Brohm?  Recruiting is the lifeblood of every progrm and there can be no bigger scarlet letter than to be identified as last in your conference.

What are the ramifications for Brohm and his staff given current negatrive trajectory of the program?

This ranking has been expected because Brohm's last two classes signed the maximum amount of players at around 25. The roster is bloated and this tiny class of 14 was expected. If Purdue finishes .500+ next season expect recruiting to improve again. 

If you go by average player rating, this is Brohm's third highest ranked class out of five, if you count his first class of mostly Hazell recruits.