Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Purdue 2019/2020

Coach Nowlin

• 3 weeks later...

Need my Domers here to tell me more about Dianco 

when I got text of the hire on vacation, I was very concerned it was the DeGorman guy......    then I was enured it was from early BK days and felt better.  

From what little I know of after ready, he is quirky, but unique, I think Coach Brohm likes that, he has coached with 2 other guys on staff already from UCONN days, Poindexter and ST Coach, Waugh s..something....  too long of name to spell right and too lazy to look up. 

So give me the thoughts there @Bobref @DannEllenwood 

8 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

but better than Brian VanGorman?? Right?? 

Without question. I still talk with other coaches about Van Gorder’s clinic presentation on 3rd down pressures. I remember looking at other coaches 5 minutes into it and asking....did I miss something? Was there a prerequisite for this topic? The number of coaches who had the same look was very noticeable. It was a complete waste of time. He could have done the presentation in French and I would have had the same level of understanding. The level of complication was unimaginable.......and mostly unnecessary in my mind. Coaches that make things THAT complicated are more focused on their egos than they are about the players. 

Thought that some of you might enjoy these videos.  I had the pleasure of hanging out with Uche Nwaneri a handful of times one summer in West Lafayette.  Both terrific players and people, exemplified by the length of their playing careers and being among the most popular players in their locker rooms.  If you like these videos he also does some really good breakdown stuff on his Youtube channel.  Check him out!

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Uncross Them 

I really like Storment. He shows a real nasty streak. Especially love the 4th highlight when he wallops the D-lineman from Arkansas. I get that this is a highlight tape and that only his best work is shown, but I like that most of his highlights are in pass protection. That bodes well for this offense. He also shows some good quickness on screens.

OL has been the bugaboo from all our naked eyes all season:   PFF put out their report card yesterday:   Hey PU beat Florida State!!!  

https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-ranking-all-130-college-football-offensive-line-situations

Walk On Center was highest graded out 

115. PURDUE BOILERMAKERS

Highest-graded player: C Sam Garvin – 72.6 (25th)

Purdue's offensive line struggled with pass protection this season, giving up the 10th-most pressures as a unit. However, that pales in comparison to their struggles in the run game. The team ranked just 124th in run-blocking grade as a unit, and their highest-graded run-blocker ranked just 84th in the country.

Give BROHM TIME:   LOOK AT WHAT HE LEFT, These are guys he had some say in Recruiting 

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/wku/92775  4 out of the 5 guys on the Depth Chart are RS JR (3) and RS SR:    All 4 of them would of been Freshman/Soph in Brohm's final year.    

20. WKU HILLTOPPERS

Highest-graded player: OT Cole Spencer – 81.9 (25th)

Four of their seven highest-graded players on offense this season were offensive linemen, as the Hilltoppers utilized a dominant form of play to win nine games this season. As a unit, they ranked first in pass-blocking grade this year, surrendering a pressure on just 12.7% of their pass-blocking snaps, the eighth-lowest percentage in the FBS.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Welp:   seems like Grad transfer followed a couple of his Colorado State coaches to TCU, and so it goes........  blood bath of recruiting 

Is that why he chose TCU? He probably should have said that on Twitter. Instead he blabbed on about how it is his "dream school," said God led him, and called it a business decision. Now he's being crucified on Twitter by Purdue fans. 

27 minutes ago, AG said:

Is that why he chose TCU? He probably should have said that on Twitter. Instead he blabbed on about how it is his "dream school," said God led him, and called it a business decision. Now he's being crucified on Twitter by Purdue fans. 

He’s a 21 year old kid, akin to a lot of my interns.  That age makes questionable decisions all the time.

https://247sports.com/Article/Purdue-coach-Jeff-Brohm-and-his-staff-visiting-Indiana-high-schools-together-football-recruiting-142337567/

And while this is typically a divide and conquer deal for staffs from coast to coast, Purdue is doing something different to show how much of a priority prospects in the Midwest are.

Jeff Brohm and his staff are walking the hallways together, naturally beginning in the Hoosier State. They already have two 2021 commitments from in-state in Brownsburg (Ind.) High receiver Preston Terrell and Mooresville (Ind.) High offensive lineman Jaelin Alstott-VanDeVanter and are mining for many more.

The first prospect Brohm and company went to go see was four-star junior quarterback Donaven McCulley over at Indianapolis Lawrence North. The Boilermakers have already extended a scholarship and are battling Indiana, Michigan State and Louisville among others for the four-star passer.

Indianapolis (Ind.) Pike 2021 pass rusher Kyran Montgomery is another priority for Brohm and company as they try and get the edge on Iowa, Indiana and Penn State among others for him.

The Boilermakers staff swung through Brownsburg where besides Terrell they have an offer out to 2021 offensive tackle Joshua Sales.