Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

(2 - 2) North Knox @ (4 - 2) Linton

I'm still alive and well.  Actually not so well after my night at Williams field last evening.  It was painful to watch the Miners take a complete beat-down like they got from the Warriors.  The Linton line was completely dominated on both sides of the ball.  I think the outstanding NK back #12 had over 250 yards.  Very un-Linton-like defense.  Congratulations to North Knox.  They came to play and took care of business.  I'll have to do some checking but I know it's been a long time since Linton lost a homecoming football game.  

2 hours ago, kingtut said:

I'm still alive and well.  Actually not so well after my night at Williams field last evening.  It was painful to watch the Miners take a complete beat-down like they got from the Warriors.  The Linton line was completely dominated on both sides of the ball.  I think the outstanding NK back #12 had over 250 yards.  Very un-Linton-like defense.  Congratulations to North Knox.  They came to play and took care of business.  I'll have to do some checking but I know it's been a long time since Linton lost a homecoming football game.  

Glad to see  you on here and know you are alive and well, my friend.  Yeah I have NO IDEA what that was last night.  I've only followed the Miners for 25 years but I can't recall the last time they played that poorly.   It was as though they weren't interested in playing the game.  Offense, defense, either one was just awful.  I give props to North Knox for the game plan and their line play.   I know their line didn't play that well against the Bombers last weekend.  I guess the coaches got them fired up for the Linton game.   Not taking anything away from the Warriors (they played a superb game) but the performance by the Miners was an embarrassment.  I hope they get whatever's wrong, fixed in the next 2 weeks.

• Like 1

NK was superb last night.  Like other's have said, they were clearly the better team. Congratulations!

Not Linton's best night. Certainly weren't as sharp as the Warriors.  Even had we been as tuned as NK, I'm convinced it wouldn't have made a difference.  Likewise, should these two meet in a few weeks, expect a better game from the Miners.

P.S. Any Linton football fan "embarrassed" by the performance of the 15-18 year olds they proclaim to support are the ones who should be embarrassed. Miner fans have been spoiled with an abundance of riches over the last several years.  Surely, as adults you can handle a questionable performance or two by these young men without being embarrassed???

Edited by hick
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I meant to also say Congratulations to the Warriors, played a heck of a game an did what had to be done to win. I watched  some NK games as my nephew played 4 years there about 3 ago when he graduated, an that was probably best game I have seen them play. Came out ready to play. 

18 hours ago, Ugminer said:

Last time Linton lost to NK in regular season they played in sectionals Linton won 44-0.

I remember that 2009 loss well.  Linton lost at NK 15 -7.  Never were the Miner fans so angry and frustrated.  So was coach Weber.  That week Weber completely scrapped the offense they were running and started over.  They rolled through the rest of the season and the sectional including the 44 - 0 win over North Knox at home.  However, I can't see that happening if the teams should meet again.  Linton could conceivably win but it won't be a blowout.  Right now I would say that NK is better than Linton.  It would take a heck of an effort for Linton to turn it around.

I enjoyed watching the game over the weekend on IHSAATV.   

Looked like Warriors really dominated with the Power and Trojan up their right side, mix in some backside action with counter to 20 and 12.   Really like #26 burst from NK when 12 was out of the game as well.   

As I like to say at times, the RIVER WAS FLOWING !!  Good job up front Warriors.   

• Like 3

Well i wanted to congratulate the NK Warriors.  I know this was a big win for them... and they did it with domination up front on both sides of the ball.  Rarely have I seen my Miners on the receiving end of manhandling as I did Friday.  Any you know that's hard to admit...  but we simply could not stop certain plays all night.  we haven't have 400+ rushing as a team on us since 1994.   And by my totals 262 for  Sheren was the most given up since 1994 as well.  Impressed with Doades as well... and really #21 Boyd on Defense. I had him with 16 tackles... Certainly Beau Noland was a dominating player on both sides of the ball.   Hammelman, Boyles, Brocksmith, Long.... and that young offensive line truly ran over us.  Linton's offense was also stymied.  We had a chance early on.  A fumble that may or or may not have gotten the 5 yards on 4th down...and certainly the interception in the endzone on drive 2 would have been big for LInton... altho... we kept giving up the huge runs to Sherren, a couple to Doades, and of course one to Thorne.  I really thought Linton would come out after the half and get it together...and the defense made the inital stop... just no offense.  I think we had three 3 and outs to start 2nd half.  ugh.  I hope this serves as a huge wake-up call to my Miners that work still needs to be put in...  We saw in last year's game that NK was coming on.    Here's my opening paragraph in my Lintonian article.

It was homecoming night at Roy Williams Field Friday night, but it felt anything like a typical Miner home game.  It was the first Warrior win over Linton since 2009’s 15-7 loss at Warrior Field.  It ended a stretch of 15 straight losses to the Miners.  That loss had been the only loss in 25 meetings since 2000.  It certainly was a big win for the Warrior football program having lost the last 10 meetings by a 46-6 nearly 40 points per game.  To go further into numbers, it was Linton’s first home loss to the Warriors since I believe 1991, a 20 to 7 NK win. Considering that Sherren and Doades are both juniors and that 4 of the 5 offensive linemen are underclassmen including Noland all return; one wonders how the future will be between these old rivals.  Linton has improved it seems week to week building towards an post-season run, but will have to rebound and refocus with a sectional 40 group that is much improved from 2019 including these same Warriors.

• Like 2

On 10/4/2020 at 3:05 PM, Ugminer said:

Right now I would say that NK is better than Linton.  It would take a heck of an effort for Linton to turn it around.

Couldn't  agree more Tut

I would say so as well... but I do think a lot more thought will be put into a rematch should it happen. Mentally...hopefully, there will be realization that this isn't 'just' North Knox...a  team we've beaten soundly year after year.  Not that it would have made a difference Friday, but maybe it will down the road.  Gonna have to find a way to defend it and make it work.  

4 hours ago, Miner_Pride said:

I would say so as well... but I do think a lot more thought will be put into a rematch should it happen. Mentally...hopefully, there will be realization that this isn't 'just' North Knox...a  team we've beaten soundly year after year.  Not that it would have made a difference Friday, but maybe it will down the road.  Gonna have to find a way to defend it and make it work.  

I was told the Miner practice was rather, shall we say "intense" last evening and I'm sure it will continue all week.  Through no fault of their own, Eastern Green is likely to catch the brunt of the Miners' ire Friday night.  

11 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

Is Liptons not playing this week or is the admiral pissed because a native called him out for being embarrassed. That was badass I swear to God it was 

Not real sure.  The Miners took the week off last week.  I think they're going to show up this Friday. 🙂

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, kingtut said:

I was told the Miner practice was rather, shall we say "intense" last evening and I'm sure it will continue all week.  Through no fault of their own, Eastern Green is likely to catch the brunt of the Miners' ire Friday night.  

I think Coaches and people like me.... we will be looking for execution.  Eastern Greene is certainly having a down period, so it's a game where mistakes can be overcome and bad habits continue but still the scoreboard will lean heavy in Linton's direction.  Coaching staff has been on the kids for some things all year.... and those things came back to bite us badly last week.  I'm sure technique and assignments will be heavily drilled.  I think too we will see several players out there...  I think if someone does anything wrong....they are going to hear about it.   OR.... I could be all wrong...!   I do think there will be passing early and often.  We simply have to get that aspect where it can benefit the rushing game.   I tell you... it's so close too...

• Like 1