Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Alexandria @ Mississinewa

Blackford Eastbrook

Frankton @ Oak Hill

Madison Grand @ Elwood

 

Mississinewa to much for the Tigers   Indians by 35

Eastbrook by what ever Coach A wants    Panthers by 40

Oak Hill wins the battle of the Eagles   Golden Eagles by 30

Elwood in a close battle    The Panthers get in the win column.  28 - 24

Good Luck everyone and stay Healthy 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow after this last weekend where to go with this?

Mississinewa wins big. Alexandria does not have the speed or skill set on defense to compete with Ole Miss. I believe Alexandria can score though. I am going to go 60-19 Ole miss. 

Eastbrook wins this big. There isn't anyone who can stop Adamson's well coached machine. Blackford is down due to virus. Eastbrook 56-12

Oak hill wins big! Just on coaching alone Oak hill is 3 scores better. Frankton cannot put a full game together. 42-0 unless Oak hill puts jv in to early!

I am going to take MG in a somewhat close game. Neither team is capable of stopping anyone. MG has a little bit more talent. Mg wins 33-20

Good luck to everyone this week!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Alexandria at Mississinewa--Was Frankton that bad or did Mississinewa finally find the talent that they have?  It is Mississinewa's Homecoming game and Alexandria is struggling but always gives Misssissinewa fits.  This game could get interesting depending on which Mississinewa and Alexandria teams show up.  In the end Mississinewa rolls and wins big.

Blackford at Eastbrook--Blackford is battling the COVID bug in the school and with this said Eastbrook is way too much for Blackford.  Eastbrook wins by whatever Adamson wants.

Frankton at Oak Hill--Frankton got stomped, beat, or whatever you want to call it last week.  Bright side for Frankton is it seems their Middle School teams aren't that bad and has talent, but that is the history of Frankton.  Oak Hill may just score 70 or more this week as they cruise to victory.

Madison Grant at Elwood--Could this be the week that Elwood finally wins?  Two of the last 3 games Elwood has kept it close but then again those two games were against Frankton and struggling Blackford.  MG has some talent and remember they were the sectional finals last year.  MG wins this one by a wide margin.

On another note, when does Frankton play their first game on their new field?   

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a little tired from staying up and watching that wonderful display of leadership last night but here is what I'm thinking:

 

Alexandria @ Mississinewa:   Frankton made Mississinewa look better than what they really are.  They are not a bad team but they will get pounded at Sectional.  I think better game management by Alex keeps this one more respectable. Mississinewa will still win by 21 but not score 60+ in the first half like they did last week.  

Blackford Eastbrook: Eastbrook will by 60+ on Blackford.  

Frankton @ Oak Hill: Oak Hill wins this one but its hard telling by how much.  Hopefully Frankton shows some fight and keeps it respectable.  

Madison Grant @ Elwood:  I don't think this will be as close as what I would hope.  At some point Elwood has to get better right???  I still see Madison Grant winning by 2 td's.

 

Can we just put Tony Dungy and Bill Cowher on the Presidential ballet  and vote them in.  

 

 

Edited by bittergymteacher
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Indiansreloaded said:

Alexandria at Mississinewa--Was Frankton that bad or did Mississinewa finally find the talent that they have?  It is Mississinewa's Homecoming game and Alexandria is struggling but always gives Misssissinewa fits.  This game could get interesting depending on which Mississinewa and Alexandria teams show up.  In the end Mississinewa rolls and wins big.

Blackford at Eastbrook--Blackford is battling the COVID bug in the school and with this said Eastbrook is way too much for Blackford.  Eastbrook wins by whatever Adamson wants.

Frankton at Oak Hill--Frankton got stomped, beat, or whatever you want to call it last week.  Bright side for Frankton is it seems their Middle School teams aren't that bad and has talent, but that is the history of Frankton.  Oak Hill may just score 70 or more this week as they cruise to victory.

Madison Grant at Elwood--Could this be the week that Elwood finally wins?  Two of the last 3 games Elwood has kept it close but then again those two games were against Frankton and struggling Blackford.  MG has some talent and remember they were the sectional finals last year.  MG wins this one by a wide margin.

On another note, when does Frankton play their first game on their new field?   

Franktons first game on the new field will be next year VS Tipton

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Giantbeareagle80 said:

Franktons first game on the new field will be next year VS Tipton

Did they pick up a new week 1, then?  Tough opponent to open up the new stadium with...That is a big jump from their previous week 1 of Tri-Central.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Giantbeareagle80 said:

Yes,  Tri-Central dropped us for a 1A school .

A real big Jump!  We have tried to strengthen the schedule since dropping APA.

Tough, but should show us where we are with Tipton and Lapel as our first 2 games.

 

Reason for optimism next season?  Frankton young this year?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Giantbeareagle80 said:

Tough, but should show us where we are with Tipton and Lapel as our first 2 games.

 

I'll just go out and say it. Unless somthing changes in the program, you will be where you have been...... THE BOTTOM! Look Randy England turned this program around and had them back at 500 then they get a new coach who had success  in first season with what Randy built. Then it has progressively gotten worse less heart from players lower numbers every year and bigger loss margins. All the signs of a program in peril.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Giantbeareagle80 said:

Yes, the Sophomore / Freshman class is pretty good.  Middle School programs are solid too.  

A lot will change between now and then with the Middle School teams.  I will use Eastbrook as an example as it seems that the Middle School teams are almost always terrible but then when they get to the high school they are top notch.  I saw Frankton Middle School teams play the other night and I will say yes they have talent but at the same time they have kids playing positions that in high school they won't play.  The 8th grade team had the biggest kid on the team playing running back.  He was bigger than the coach's of both teams.  Yes he could run and had speed but with his size it is doubtful he will play running back and middle linebacker in high school.  He was built more like a tight end and is bigger than several high school tight ends.  The 7th grade team has some big kids but they lacked height.  They also had a talented running back.  There is a future for Frankton but still a few years out from being up at the top of the CIC and battling with Eastbrook and Mississinewa for the title.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Indiansreloaded said:

A lot will change between now and then with the Middle School teams.  I will use Eastbrook as an example as it seems that the Middle School teams are almost always terrible but then when they get to the high school they are top notch.  I saw Frankton Middle School teams play the other night and I will say yes they have talent but at the same time they have kids playing positions that in high school they won't play.  The 8th grade team had the biggest kid on the team playing running back.  He was bigger than the coach's of both teams.  Yes he could run and had speed but with his size it is doubtful he will play running back and middle linebacker in high school.  He was built more like a tight end and is bigger than several high school tight ends.  The 7th grade team has some big kids but they lacked height.  They also had a talented running back.  There is a future for Frankton but still a few years out from being up at the top of the CIC and battling with Eastbrook and Mississinewa for the title.  

Eastbrook isn’t as concerned about winning in Jr. High as much as they are in teaching fundamentals, terminology, assignments, and the right attitude.  Sure, kids change in size and abilities, but they all know the system and have the mindset to put the team ahead of the individual.  That’s a big factor in their success!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Indiansreloaded said:

A lot will change between now and then with the Middle School teams.  I will use Eastbrook as an example as it seems that the Middle School teams are almost always terrible but then when they get to the high school they are top notch.  I saw Frankton Middle School teams play the other night and I will say yes they have talent but at the same time they have kids playing positions that in high school they won't play.  The 8th grade team had the biggest kid on the team playing running back.  He was bigger than the coach's of both teams.  Yes he could run and had speed but with his size it is doubtful he will play running back and middle linebacker in high school.  He was built more like a tight end and is bigger than several high school tight ends.  The 7th grade team has some big kids but they lacked height.  They also had a talented running back.  There is a future for Frankton but still a few years out from being up at the top of the CIC and battling with Eastbrook and Mississinewa for the title.  

i totally agree that fundamentals and a system is what gets results at the lower level.  i also think that success also gets kids excited about the game and builds unity in MS.  i also agree that positions you play in MS can be totally different then HS.  I laugh when the biggest kid is the RB and we all know he will have his hand in the dirt in HS.  Frankton has a big rock to push up the hill before we can ever think about competing with the top of the CIC.  But at lease they are trying to pushing the rock.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Indiansreloaded said:

The 7th grade team has some big kids but they lacked height.

I know I didn't just read a short comment on the first Thursday in October.  The Mississinewa 5'5 kids almost single handedly scored 650 points against Frankton.  Short players football career matters too.  C'Mon man!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, bittergymteacher said:

I know I didn't just read a short comment on the first Thursday in October.  The Mississinewa 5'5 kids almost single handedly scored 650 points against Frankton.  Short players football career matters too.  C'Mon man!

That is great man!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have watched CIC football for a few years,  most of you on here have probably watched more than I, but does anyone remember or think the CIC has been worse than it is right now? It is almost unbearable to watch. It has been fun watching Eastbrook and Mississinewa the last few years with their talented kids, but Mississinewa looks way down this year and Eastbrook is doing what they always do. I would just like to see some competitive games. Although I went to Marion game last week hoping to see one and it was the same way.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Alexandria @ Mississinewa    Alexandria's defense is really bad.  Eastbrook scored 43 1st quarter points.  Not near enough team speed and poor tackling will let Campbell run wild if Mississinewa feeds him.  Ole Miss by 50.  Half that if Mississinewa decides to pass 50% of the time.

Blackford Eastbrook   Eastbrook will exhaust Blackford with shear number of players if nothing else.  It should be the typical fast start for Eastbrook and let the JV clean up the second half.  Eastbrook by 35. 

Frankton @ Oak Hill   Oak hill isn't a real explosive offense but their defense is very solid.  No threat from Frankton.  Oak Hill by 35

Madison Grant @ Elwood   I do think Elwood is slightly better this year but believe they missed their opportunity for a win against Frankton.  Madison Grant should be able to win by at least 14.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mississinewa over Alex - 4A program just proves too much against a 2A team.  They've had successful years recently, but what holds them back from consistency?

Eastbrook over Blackford - I think Blackford will get it close longer than expected either because they play well or because Eastbrook is trying to test some wrinkles before beating up on Elwood/MG, but Panthers play JV a good chunk of the 2nd half.

Oak Hill over Frankton - Based on scores on John Harrell, the Def looks legit.  Mississinewa hung 74 on Frankton but only 6 on Oak Hill.  Looks like Frankton skill guys might double their turnovers!!

MG over Elwood - MG appears to be trending up...I expect Elwood will show up, battle, and find a way to be in it the 4th quarter.  But think their first W comes next year once new guy gets a full offseason.

Overall Trends of CIC teams based on this crazy year....

Mississinewa - Down...Coming off some 3 straight sectional finals and two sectional trophies, they seem to be back into CIC territory.  It'll be a quick out come tourney time

Alex - Down...Beat an OK MG and a bad Elwood.  Lost to an above average Eastern Hancock.  They were trending up last year, but appear to be moving in wrong direction

Eastbrook - Up.  They play great competition in non-conference.  As long as your competing for regionals consistently, you'll always be trending up in my opinion.

Blackford - I could go either way.  They'd been real down prior to current coach.  But recent years has them trending up.  Need to find a way to stay competitive and/or win 1 of the next 3.  They'll make little noise come tourney time unless they get a good draw.

Oak Hill - Up. Have only lost to good teams...and beat Mississinewa.  Hope they get a good draw come tourney time and squeeze in an extra win or two.

Frankton - Down.  Barely beat Elwood.  Haven't been in a close game since 1A Tri-Central in week 1 (they lost).  I bet they're hoping week 9 vs Alex is a matchup they can win...need a good sectional draw to keep hope for next season.

MG - Up.  Moderately competitive vs Mississinewa/Oak Hill.  Should win the next two before losing to Eastbrook and being 3-4 going into tourney.  Will make little noise in the sectional.

Elwood - Up.  They had nowhere else to go, but scores and media show that right things are being done by players and staff.  Long way away from competing in current sectional, but hopefully they win a few games next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Long time lurker and first time contributor . . . 

Been in the area for over 15 years and sadly I've seen the quality of many sports decrease.  The CIC is very weak in football.  My thoughts on games and schools is below.  I've seen every team play this year.

Alexandria @ Mississinewa  - Mississinewa is not great but in a weak conference they should win out.  Alexandria does not have much heart, which was evident last week.  Campbell should have a career day, since they are really bad on defense.  Mississinewa BIG!

Blackford @ Eastbrook -  Blackford may keep it close for a quarter.  But Eastbrook will take over and control the game.  Eastbrook easily wins by 28. 

Frankton @ Oak Hill  - Oak Hill is not very good offensively, but their defense plays well.  Frankton will challenge them for a quarter, but Oak Hill will run over them.  Oak Hill passing game does not impress me.

Madison Grant @ Elwood - This should be the only game without a running clock.  It should be competitive.  Both are improving teams.  But I think MG will win this by about 10 points.

Thoughts on schools (alphabetically) -

Alexandria - they have been constantly underachieving.  They've had really good athletes, but it does not happen in football.  They should have won a sectional or two, but there are reasons they have not.  I don't see that changing.  They have some decent younger kids coming up, but don't know if that will mean more wins.

Blackford - I was thrilled they were winning games the past few years.  It was a terrible program in most sports.  They're back to struggling again.  Low numbers and maybe some apathy.  I'm hoping they can regain the momentum they had from 2 years ago.

Eastbrook - They are the class of the CIC.  They have been for many years.  They have a great system.  They don't care about winning at JH level, just teach the boys technique and develop them into football players.  Other coaches should learn from what they are doing.

Elwood - They had decent players in the past, and too many coaching changes in a system with no money.  That doesn't help their cause.  I'm glad they have a new coach who has a vision for the future.  They are getting better, but not sure they will win this year.  If they don't beat MG this week, they end with Eastbrook and Ole Miss . . . Ouch!

Frankton - what boggles my mind is that they have a lot of heart in other sports.  Reminds me a bit of Alexandria.  Some of their other teams are really competitive, but football has been suffering the past few years.  I hope their JH can perform in high school, but that's a few years away.  Again, coaching is an issue at most of these schools.

Madison Grant - I'm glad they are playing hard.  They seem to always play with heart.  Coaching seems to be helping them, as with Elwood.  They should beat Elwood, then Frankton.  They are improving, which is good for the CIC.

Mississinewa - They have usually struggled in sectionals.  The CIC is not the right place for them if they want to prepare for a sectional run.  It's usually watered down competition for them.  Change in coaches seems to have hurt them a bit, but they should win out in conference, although Blackford may give them a battle next week.

Oak Hill - I'm generally impressed with their program.  I think they have a coach who gets it.  Coach Bud seems to rally the boys and they come on stronger as the season progresses.  They have a chance to win out in the CIC.

Just some random thoughts on a kool Friday!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2020 at 9:53 PM, captainobvious said:

but they all know the system and have the mindset to put the team ahead of the individual.  That’s a big factor in their success!

That's the key. Not being a "winning" middle school program means little when they get to high school and know the exact system, terminology, play calls, blocking assignments. 

While other programs are teaching freshmen all of the above, Eastbrook is getting them stronger and fine tuning. 

The blueprint is there.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2020 at 9:53 PM, captainobvious said:

Eastbrook isn’t as concerned about winning in Jr. High as much as they are in teaching fundamentals, terminology, assignments, and the right attitude.  Sure, kids change in size and abilities, but they all know the system and have the mindset to put the team ahead of the individual.  That’s a big factor in their success!

Dang it I hate having to agree with you but you hit the nail on the head. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2020 at 9:42 AM, Playmaker said:

With Mississinewa being down this year, what do they have coming up? Are their middle school groups good or have good players to look out for?

Mississinewa has some talent and size in the Middle School and below.  However, just like other schools some will move, quit football, and choose to play another sport.  They only have 14 or 15 kids on the 7th grade team.  On the 8th grade they have 28 or 29 kids.  Some have yet to hit the weight room due to COVID preventing it this summer.  Like other schools there will be some kids that may not play much right now but end up being a key player in 2-3 years.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...