Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Open Club  ·  47 members  ·  Free

OOB v2.0

Joe Biden Thread

Muda69

3 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I'm happier every day that I didn't vote for either uni-Party candidate.  At least I can stand secure in my principles for smaller government and personal liberty.

A choice between a deranged incumbent in Mr. Trump and 11-Trillion Mr. Biden wasn't really a choice.  Not if you really have scruples.

Again this election, I find myself in agreement with you.  I have concluded that the 2 party system, as presently constructed, actually works to select out worthwhile candidates, leaving the electorate to repeatedly choose between the lesser of two evils. I don’t know the answer. But whatever it is, I’m confident that if it’s found, the entrenched resistance against its implementation will be more than formidable.

51 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Again this election, I find myself in agreement with you.  I have concluded that the 2 party system, as presently constructed, actually works to select out worthwhile candidates, leaving the electorate to repeatedly choose between the lesser of two evils. I don’t know the answer. But whatever it is, I’m confident that if it’s found, the entrenched resistance against its implementation will be more than formidable.

Lesser of two evils

Obama vs Romney? 

Obama vs McCain? 

Bush vs Kerry?

Bush vs Gore? 

I don't think any of those people were evil bob. 

I disagree a lot with Romney and disagreed a lot with McCain but I didn't think they were evil. Bush was arguably the dumbest and least effective President of my life until Trump came along. I never doubted the love that any of those Republican candidates or Republican president had for America. I would have disagreed with Gore, I did disagree with Obama but I never doubted their love for America. 

Trump doesn't love America. I think Hillary did but she was pretty tone deaf to normal Americans as was Trump. 

Joe Biden isn't the perfect guy but i don't think he's an evil person either. 

The United States just needs to get rid of the College electoral and go to a popular vote, we need to eliminate straight ticket voting and have open primaries. They need to do a Jungle Primary and the top 2 candidates battle for the Presidency...also should find a way to allow Libertarian and Independents to be on the big stage. Id vote for an Independent..depending on their views of Roe V Wade, Gay Marriage and Climate Change. 

5 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

Ill definitely email every single board member from Lake Central and would be willing to do that to EVERY head coaching vacancy in the region.

No need to go that route. 

8 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

The United States just needs to get rid of the College electoral and go to a popular vote, we need to eliminate straight ticket voting and have open primaries. They need to do a Jungle Primary and the top 2 candidates battle for the Presidency...also should find a way to allow Libertarian and Independents to be on the big stage. Id vote for an Independent..depending on their views of Roe V Wade, Gay Marriage and Climate Change. 

Unfortunately, Birch Bayh is dead. But, maybe there is hope one day. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

I would vote for this guy in a heartbeat , and I bet @Muda69 would too 

Get MONEY out of POLITICS (lobbyist and Super PACs and Soros of the world)  and get MONEY out of MAINSTREAM MEDIA .  THAT would go a long way for me to regain trust in the "system".   

I voted for JoJo, Holcomb, a Democrat locally here in Lake County.  I am and have always been an Independent and will continue to vote for candidates based on their policy and representation to the People, not because their  policies are driven by Money and Lobbyist.  

Just think what our nation could do with the money spent on this last election cycle 

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2020/10/cost-of-2020-election-14billion-update/

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/28/2020-election-spending-to-hit-nearly-14-billion-a-record.html

14 BILLION DOLLARS 

Campaign funding drives a lot of what’s wrong with the system, i.e., special interests, compromises on legislation, politicians whose primary goal is to get re-elected ... over and over again. The problem is SCOTUS has ruled repeatedly that restrictions on campaign funding violate the First Amendment. That makes reform very difficult. And if a candidate runs on the platform that he’s going to try to curb PACs, Super-PACs, etc., he or she doesn’t get enough funding to get elected.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

No need to go that route. 

A common sense Post.  Thank you

@TheStatGuy  You are an ADULT now,  think about what you are threatening to do.  That is incredibly comical but that is your playbook, just like you sent me a threatening email years ago about going to my superintendent over your warped silliness around here, again this was years ago and I have continued to give you your playground in here to reside, your threats are pointless and hold zero merit.  

The fact that you actually have saved screenshots from social media and this message board to use as some sort of, haha I got you now because you do not "like" someone and disagree with their politics.  

Come on man, be better than that.   My goodness.  You all can have your little back and forth whizzing match, all day long, this section should NOT be taken seriously at all.   Hence why DK shut down the 1st one.  Too many folks taking themselves FAR TOO SERIOUS, to the point now were have someone claiming they are going to attempt to blackball someone for future employment opportunities ( what does Lake Central even have to do with anything). 

Keep that sort of Rhetoric up @TheStatGuy and your time here will be fanished ..... again.   That goes for anyone who wants to go down that rabbit hole, though I would suspect, 99.5% of our community would not even have that cross their mind, let along, keep screenshots of social media and other message boards for their collection on their phone.    That is just really odd behavior from an adult.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Campaign funding drives a lot of what’s wrong with the system, i.e., special interests, compromises on legislation, politicians whose primary goal is to get re-elected ... over and over again. The problem is SCOTUS has ruled repeatedly that restrictions on campaign funding violate the First Amendment. That makes reform very difficult. And if a candidate runs on the platform that he’s going to try to curb PACs, Super-PACs, etc., he or she doesn’t get enough funding to get elected.

and the Hamster Wheel keeps on churning 

What came first,  campaign financing by special interest groups or legislation passed to enrich the special interest and/or deny their competitors?

The problem is simply that government, especially the federal government,  has too much power over the lives of American citizens.  Return the federal government to what is explicitly defined/enumerated in the U.S. Constitution.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheStatGuy said:

The United States just needs to get rid of the College electoral and go to a popular vote,

I guess this is ok if you want California, Texas, Florida, and New York to decide every presidential election, and completely marginalize most of the "flyover states" in favor of the "coastal elites".

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I would vote for this guy in a heartbeat , and I bet @Muda69 would too 

No, not really.  While Mr. Cuban has some interesting ideas, but you get money of our politics by reducing the size, scope, and power of the government,  not through more campaign finance legislation or tweeting people to donate to food banks instead of campaigns.   And his opinion of private charity is just wrong.

48 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Get MONEY out of POLITICS (lobbyist and Super PACs and Soros of the world)  and get MONEY out of MAINSTREAM MEDIA .  THAT would go a long way for me to regain trust in the "system".   

The problem is that we have a system of elections that encourages campaign spending. Were we to change how we elect candidates, the problem will go away. This has already been shown mathematically-

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/228955551_A_FISTFUL_OF_EUROS_INCUMBENT_AND_CHALLENGER_CAMPAIGN_SPENDING_EFFECTS_UNDER_THE_SINGLE-TRANSFERABLE_VOTE_ELECTORAL

16 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

You are familiar with the concept of a swing State, correct?

Yes. 

1 hour ago, DanteEstonia said:

To add, @Muda69, didn't you vote 3rd party? How is your vote for President supposed to matter when we really vote for EC members?

Yes, I did vote third party.

And I don't view my vote as some sort of horse race, like you and other uni-party supporters do.  

1 hour ago, DanteEstonia said:

How do you expect your popular vote to matter when the Electoral College selects the President?

The only states that matter are 3 biggest college electoral states and swing states. 

2 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

How do you expect your popular vote to matter when the Electoral College selects the President?

Are not 48 states currently "winner take all" where whoever wins the popular vote in that state gets all the electors votes?