Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1A-5A pp sweep

1A - CC has better athletes and more speed which will be a shock to SA...  SA passed on opportunities to play decent competition this year in favor of going “undefeated”... soft schedule comes back to haunt them...cc by 14

2a - Webo won’t be able to run the ball and then will try to pass... which they cant.   Luers by 28

3a - chatard just seems to play up to the level of their competition.  Danville has good size up front but hasn’t seen athletes like they will this weekend .  Chatard by 10

4a - Roncalli is dominate up front. Mooresville was the 2nd best team in Indiana.  Roncalli by 21

5A - cathedral by 28

I fear that you may be right.

1A - The Covenant Christian Oriole Bulldogs have not been tested all year and SA has a couple of guys who are talented.  Not sure it will be enough.

2A - WeBo has been on the big stage a lot and I feel like they've overachieved this year.  Luers is good and has really found their stride.

3A - Best game of the weekend.  Toss up in my opinion.

4A - The Roncalli Football Team seems like they became great overnight.  They weren't on anyone's radar that I talked too.  Does Hobart have enough offensively to keep up?

5A - C'mon.  Cathedral by a million

21 minutes ago, Purdue Pete said:

1A - CC has better athletes and more speed which will be a shock to SA...  SA passed on opportunities to play decent competition this year in favor of going “undefeated”... soft schedule comes back to haunt them...cc by 14

2a - Webo won’t be able to run the ball and then will try to pass... which they cant.   Luers by 28

3a - chatard just seems to play up to the level of their competition.  Danville has good size up front but hasn’t seen athletes like they will this weekend .  Chatard by 10

4a - Roncalli is dominate up front. Mooresville was the 2nd best team in Indiana.  Roncalli by 21

5A - cathedral by 28

South Adams strength of schedule is 226 and CC is 260. Rumor has it South Adams also talked to multiple teams about a week 9 matchup ranging from 1a to 4a (one of those teams is playing for a state title). So I doubt South Adams really cared about being undefeated over adding a tough game week 9.

3 minutes ago, Antonio Browns Alter Ego said:

South Adams strength of schedule is 226 and CC is 260. Rumor has it South Adams also talked to multiple teams about a week 9 matchup ranging from 1a to 4a (one of those teams is playing for a state title). So I doubt South Adams really cared about being undefeated over adding a tough game week 9.

Lol... I’m from MISSOURI... they played union city week 9 😅

22 minutes ago, Purdue Pete said:

Ur right my bad.  They took a bye.

Talking a lot of crap and obviously don’t know much. They added Lewis Cass week 2 a year after they were number 1 going in to the tournament, before they even played. SA tried to get a better schedule, but there’s only so much they can do. 

27 minutes ago, Purdue Pete said:

5A - cathedral by 28

26 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

1A - The Covenant Christian Oriole Bulldogs have not been tested all year and SA has a couple of guys who are talented.  Not sure it will be enough.

2A - WeBo has been on the big stage a lot and I feel like they've overachieved this year.  Luers is good and has really found their stride.

4A - The Roncalli Football Team seems like they became great overnight.  They weren't on anyone's radar that I talked too.  Does Hobart have enough offensively to keep up?

1A - Covenant Christian has a lower SOS than South Adams.  Post season SOS is similar, but the advantage swings to SA if you look at regional and semi-state opponents where SA got an average SOS of opponents for Southwood and LCC of 40.84.  Covenant Christian's respective opponents South Putnam and West Washington combined for an average SOS of 27.38 which is fairly significant.  Of interest is that both teams combined to knockoff last year's North/South representatives at LOS.  Covenant Christian beat last year's runner up by 8, while  SA beat the defending state champs 42-9.  I would give SA the data and the momentum going into next week.

2A - I'm going to go with WeBo who will be making a three-peat appearance at at LOS with a unique opportunity in the SF era of winning three back-to-back titles in the same class.  Kind of been-there-done-that-got-the-rings.  Funny that for all of the discussions about PP dominance, this fact seems to have slipped the conversations ... probably because it pokes a couple of holes in the narrative.  Luers came back and beat Pioneer, but not until getting the scare of their lives while WeBo easily handled MD who was supposed to be the PP heir-apparent in 2A this year. 

22 minutes ago, Thor77 said:

Talking a lot of crap and obviously don’t know much. They added Lewis Cass week 2 a year after they were number 1 going in to the tournament, before they even played. SA tried to get a better schedule, but there’s only so much they can do. 

I agree with U that SA really did try to schedule strength in the cass game but unfortunately whiffed no fault to them.  but u have to agree that overall the schedule is just weak

Just now, Purdue Pete said:

I agree with U that SA really did try to schedule strength in the cass game but unfortunately whiffed no fault to them.  but u have to agree that overall the schedule is just weak

It is, but what can you do? ACAC was strong at the start of the decade. Can’t fault them for Southern Wells not even having a team, or 4A Jay County being awful. They’re not purposely scheduling for an undefeated season, which you previously stated. 

1 minute ago, Thor77 said:

It is, but what can you do? ACAC was strong at the start of the decade. Can’t fault them for Southern Wells not even having a team, or 4A Jay County being awful. They’re not purposely scheduling for an undefeated season, which you previously stated. 

Ur probably right in that it was not purposeful.  The cass game is a miss... I’m just comparing them to Lutheran who grabbed a 4a game when hey had an opportunity.  I think it would’ve benefitted SA to have played a stronger schedule.

18 minutes ago, Purdue Pete said:

Ur probably right in that it was not purposeful.  The cass game is a miss... I’m just comparing them to Lutheran who grabbed a 4a game when hey had an opportunity.  I think it would’ve benefitted SA to have played a stronger schedule.

Realize that the season before Cass knocked off 3A West Lafayette for the HC championship, beat Pioneer, and picked up a sectional.  You don't always know that a team will go from 11-2 to 2-8 in one season.

1 minute ago, foxbat said:

Realize that the season before Cass knocked off 3A West Lafayette for the HC championship, beat Pioneer, and picked up a sectional.  You don't always know that a team will go from 11-2 to 2-8 in one season.

Yep

Just now, Starfire said:

I know.  But to think CC will surprise SA on speed, not gonna happen.  They are probably equal on that front, but SA probably has the size along with speed.  It will be close though I believe.

U may be right.  Imo overall CC speed > SA.  Speed kills in LOS

3 hours ago, Knightmare said:

It's the Oriole Bulldog Cougar Giant Big Red Irish Hornet other Bulldogs, officially

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Purdue Pete said:

U may be right.  Imo overall CC speed > SA.  Speed kills in LOS

Depends on whether it's city speed or county speed.

28 minutes ago, Purdue Pete said:

Lol... I like u.   We were probably on opposite sides of the SA v Norwell Peewee field 😂 back in the day

I've not coached up in that neck of the woods, but I've certainly been known to get into mischief with coaches on the opposite side of the field during youth games ... nothing bad, just a little chicanery.  😁