Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2021

1 minute ago, TigerFan20 said:

No, there will be no online livestream 

I  have it on good authority that @Tango has one of the prem-o smartphone plans and still has lots of data left this month... LIVESTREAM!  LIVESTREAM!  LIVESTREAM! ; - )

Good luck Tigers, bring home the sectional crown and everyone travel safely!

OV 14,  VL 0 Final

Alices were fantastic defensively holding a 38 ppg offense scoreless through 3 quarters. But as the script has gone throughout the year, the offense struggled more as the game went on and couldn’t flip the field. And even the best D can only hold so many short fields. 

OV’s second sectional title in school history, first since 1992. Very nice looking team. They get Tri West, who upset Danville, at Spencer next week. Not that any of that matters with GS waiting at semi state. 

Edited by SEAL_63

8 hours ago, MHSTigerFan said:

I’m not much into explaining away losing performances.  An L is an L.  But those who are would probably say that MHS was missing key starters (Shea and Agler, plus Brody to early injury) against Jasper and that the Castle loss had a lot to do with weather-related TOs…a couple of which resulted in very favorable field position for the Knights.

But, then, bad weather affects both teams.

agreed.  week one was a throw-away.  the game against castle had fans on both sides of the field scratching their heads.

4 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

OV 14,  VL 0 Final

Alices were fantastic defensively holding a 38 ppg offense scoreless through 3 quarters. But as the script has gone throughout the year, the offense struggled more as the game went on and couldn’t flip the field. And even the best D can only hold so many short fields. 

OV’s second sectional title in school history, first since 1992. Very nice looking team. They get Tri West, who upset Danville, at Spencer next week. Not that any of that matters with GS waiting at semi state. 

Well done. Would have loved to have seen the Alice's win, but but definitely kept it closer than many would have expected. 

• Like 1

Championship takeaways

-Mater Dei rolls over NP in the Bowl behind a passing attack by Wunderlich. Oh yea, Coach Goebels. They travel up to Triton Central in the regional, a familiar foe these last few years.

-Memorial’s D dominates an hefty scoring NV to only 7 points (although starters were pulled out). As the Memorial’s O ran all over NV the entire night. They face the nighty Trojans of East Central next in the regional.

-Unfortunately, the Alices season ends in some late scoring runs by Owen Valley. But, the Alices put up all they could defensively for 4 straight quarters, congrats on your season!

23 hours ago, MDAlum82 said:

I  have it on good authority that @Tango has one of the prem-o smartphone plans and still has lots of data left this month... LIVESTREAM!  LIVESTREAM!  LIVESTREAM! ; - )

Good luck Tigers, bring home the sectional crown and everyone travel safely!

LOL. Sorry, but it was too darn cold for old bones to get on the phone... 

Picks: 

Mater Dei by 8, since recent history has been close, I’m expecting another closer one. MD pulls it out late, but TC will not go down without a fight 

East Central vs Memorial. Anything can happen in this game, but from what I have seen, I will give the nod to East central by 9. Don’t be surprise if East Central or Memorial wins, especially in the confines of Enlow.