Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2021

28 minutes ago, TransplantedPanther said:

Unfortunately, I was unable to make the game due to my work schedule yesterday, but it sounds like they just ran out of gas after tying it up at 28. I could be wrong, but that’s what I believe happen. (I’m sure Jay Smith had between 30 and 40 carries again last night.)

Smith is beast for Reitz, wish him well after he graduates. It seems like Reitz gave up a big play before the 4Q and it just looks like it went downhill from that, looking at Twitter

13 hours ago, southend said:

Yes, and who is Vincennes going to get beat by next week? Other two will win. 

I believe they have good chance playing at home. Yes Owen Valley beat NV but missing several starters due to covid protocol ....

Edited by Bulldoggit

28 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

I’m a day late and a dollar short, I’m just now seeing MD took on Linton Stockton. Well done. The way folks were crowing, folks made it sound like they had a straight path to Indy.

A lot of people were drinking that Linton punch. They have a good team but MD was pretty good too.

1 hour ago, Moonshiners said:

A lot of people were drinking that Linton punch. They have a good team but MD was pretty good too.

Linton was very good. They were well coached, athletic, physical and aggressive. The field conditions were extremely poor in the second half and neither offense could really get going after half. I'm not sure the poor field conditions favored anyone. It just came down to who made the fewest mistakes and fortunately, last night that was Mater Dei. Congratulations on a great year Linton. 

8 hours ago, TruthHammer said:

Reitz hung in there with the help of the 70+ flea flicker and an onside kick in the 2nd half and their kids, particularly the Seniors played hard....kind of a microcosm of their season, really....when these things were successful, they kept things competitive against better teams. That's not a great formula for success. Their wins the last couple of years have come by beating Harrison, Bosse, VL and Boonville. 

Majority of their talent this year is in the sophomore class, with 7 or 8 starting on defense, and the 8th grade class this year. Don’t be surprised to see two or three freshman starting for Reitz next year, and I can guarantee that one will be starting, possibly even at quarterback. 

• Like 2

Sectional week notes 

-Memorial continues to roll, although the struggling a bit, they still won 35-0. However, will have its hands full with a rowdy NV team wanting a taste of an sectional championship 

-Mater Dei escapes an slug fest with a really good Linton team. Such a good game

-VL in the sectional championship at home? Pretty good for a team who struggled the entire season 

-Reitz appeared to had NV on their heels after tying 28-28, but it sounds like the rain slowed them down and ensured a 4Q collapse judging by the TribStar article. NV on the other hand, still looks strong, especially their QB

-Castle and North lost really close games to BHSS and BHSN. Apparently Brawdy had a game winning TD, but was ruled out at the third yard line

-The Bears finish the season, 2-8, their worst season in recent years. Seemed like they couldn’t get into a rhythm against Memorial last Friday

-Man Bosse, this one hurts a lot. Sooo close to victory and proud they fought back instead of giving up. Bosse is headed in the right direction, as they have found their Coach in Mullen

Edited by TigerFan20

1 hour ago, Bulldoggit said:

Northview wasn't missing any starters in that game ??  

That's even more impressive then. OV must be a damn good team.  Lincoln will have its hands full, but they have some tough kids who play very hard for 4Qs. 

Takeaways as we head into sectional finals:

Hated to see North and Castle get bounced in close games. North is on the rise even still. Castle loses a lot but probably will reload and having their QB+RB back has to help. Bosse let one slip away with some costly mistakes but surely have some positivity to carry into next year. Good for them. How much does HH lose to GS by? I think VL has their hands full with a solid OV team but they’ve had a nice late season run. NP is playing well but I don’t think MD will have much problem with them, coming off of a huge uplifting win at Linton. MD vs Triton Central again possibly? Reitz put up a heck of a battle against a really good NV team. I think they only lose a couple starters on defense. The offense will be a question but they do return their speedy RB Burnett and a couple WRs. Have to think they’ll be even better next year. I think Memorial takes care of business if they can slow the rushing attack of the big RB Cherry and the QB. NV is really solid and carry their momentum into another home game, never know I guess. 

I think MD and Memorial are moving on to Regionals. Looking forward to it!

6 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

It was all Dillion White against Reitz Friday night. 4 rushing TDs and a passing TD, going to be hard to defend that come Friday

Northview has a lot of weapons. Probably more than any team in the SIAC. 

MD 31,  NP 21

I may be a little more bullish on the Vikings than most. I just think the gap between the NP and Linton is not that wide. They took a very good North Knox team to the wood shed last week. The MD defense should decide this one..but be wary.  With that said, I will comfortably pick the Cats. 

Memorial 28,  NV 20

Tough one here. I said 2 weeks ago that Memorial looked to be the better team over Jasper heading into postseason play (VL plays both teams back to back to end the regular season).  As well as the Cats played all season, they looked to be even more dependent on their offensive system as compared to the 2020 team...not really any one player that stood out as a playmaker when things broke down. NV was able to expose this and Jasper simply didn't have the horses to overcome.  Compound that with their propensity to allow the big play on defense, and it was a very favorable matchup for the Knights with the dynamic players they feature.  Memorial, on the other hand, has some dudes at key positions who can get you a play when you need it on offense. The Tigers are better defensively IMO and can match up on the edge with NV. This will be a dog fight, but ultimately will end in a repeat of last season's sectional match up. However, I will tip my hat to the Knights if they can sweep the SIAC.

VL vs OV
All logic points to the Patriots, although my heart won't allow me a score prediction. I think this could realistically be within one score for or against Lincoln but could easily get out of hand.  This is the same OV team the Alices nearly shut out (until the waning seconds) up in Spencer a year ago. Although this Lincoln team is much younger, the bulk of returning starters are on the defensive side. And that has been their strong suit, as most SIAC opponents would attest to. If Lincoln can somehow keep OV to around 20 pts it could get real interesting. The Alices have had a rough year offensively to say the least, but have found the gas pedal in the sectional. Maybe a little momentum can carry VL to an upset...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

MD 31,  NP 21

I may be a little more bullish on the Vikings than most. I just think the gap between the NP and Linton is not that wide. They took a very good North Knox team to the wood shed last week. The MD defense should decide this one..but be wary.  With that said, I will comfortably pick the Cats. 

Memorial 28,  NV 20

Tough one here. I said 2 weeks ago that Memorial looked to be the better team over Jasper heading into postseason play (VL plays both teams back to back to end the regular season).  As well as the Cats played all season, they looked to be even more dependent on their offensive system as compared to the 2020 team...not really any one player that stood out as a playmaker when things broke down. NV was able to expose this and Jasper simply didn't have the horses to overcome.  Compound that with their propensity to allow the big play on defense, and it was a very favorable matchup for the Knights with the dynamic players they feature.  Memorial, on the other hand, has some dudes at key positions who can get you a play when you need it on offense. The Tigers are better defensively IMO and can match up on the edge with NV. This will be a dog fight, but ultimately will end in a repeat of last season's sectional match up. However, I will tip my hat to the Knights if they can sweep the SIAC.

VL vs OV
All logic points to the Patriots, although my heart won't allow me a score prediction. I think this could realistically be within one score for or against Lincoln but could easily get out of hand.  This is the same OV team the Alices nearly shut out (until the waning seconds) up in Spencer a year ago. Although this Lincoln team is much younger, the bulk of returning starters are on the defensive side. And that has been their strong suit, as most SIAC opponents would attest to. If Lincoln can somehow keep OV to around 20 pts it could get real interesting. The Alices have had a rough year offensively to say the least, but have found the gas pedal in the sectional. Maybe a little momentum can carry VL to an upset...

Vincennes has played some really bad competition in the first 2 rounds of sectionals...and honesly...nk did not get taken to the wood shed...we had self inflicted errors that cost us some scoring drives...we held them enough to win...but, when you call time out with under 1:30 left in the game to score...when your up 34-18...and didn't take a knee...lost a lot of respect for the NP coaching staff...probably get some flack for the last comment...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NorthKnox94 said:

Vincennes has played some really bad competition in the first 2 rounds of sectionals...and honesly...nk did not get taken to the wood shed...we had self inflicted errors that cost us some scoring drives...we held them enough to win...but, when you call time out with under 1:30 left in the game to score...when your up 34-18...and didn't take a knee...lost a lot of respect for the NP coaching staff...probably get some flack for the last comment...

C'mon man you're playing in a 4 team conference with North Central (Farmersburg), Eastern Greene, and North Daviess.