Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Fort Wayne North Side Coach Mike Brevard headed to St. Francis

11 minutes ago, jakone said:

Would Sherwood Haydock fit there?

I don't see him jumping ship at Wayne after 1 year especially for North.

Not sure how desirable the North job is especially with Dwenger looming in the sectional for who knows how long. Hopefully the Legends can get a great replacement to keep the momentum going from this year. 

23 minutes ago, Prospect said:

Not sure how desirable the North job is especially with Dwenger looming in the sectional for who knows how long. Hopefully the Legends can get a great replacement to keep the momentum going from this year. 

I think I have Covid of the brain. I forgot he is currently at Wayne.

53 minutes ago, Prospect said:

North sides team that had so much success this year was filled with seniors and not many underclassmen key players. With not much coming back to work with, I kind of expected a move like this. Had he stayed, he’d essentially be starting all over. Big question here to me is this: where does 6’3 freshman receiver Brontae Johnson go? Stay at north or transfer?? And if transfer, to where? 

2 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

North sides team that had so much success this year was filled with seniors and not many underclassmen key players. With not much coming back to work with, I kind of expected a move like this. Had he stayed, he’d essentially be starting all over. Big question here to me is this: where does 6’3 freshman receiver Brontae Johnson go? Stay at north or transfer?? And if transfer, to where? 

He wouldn't fit in athletically at Luers. (refer to Jerry Tarkanian in the movie Blue Chips)

26 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

Hopefully to Snider if he doesn't stay at North, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him wearing Navy and Gold... It's also spelled Brauntae 😉

He also plays Basketball so I wouldn't expect him to leave North in all honesty.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Prospect said:

Hopefully to Snider if he doesn't stay at North, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him wearing Navy and Gold... It's also spelled Brauntae 😉

He also plays Basketball so I wouldn't expect him to leave North in all honesty.

Dwengers track record of integrating transfers isn’t the greatest. They’re very proud of their 2 deep consisting of feeder school CYO kids. If anywhere, Snider and Luers seem like likely the 2 best options. I only say Luers because of the passing game they bring back. I’d think any high level athlete would wanna be apart of that.

11 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Coach Brevard is a sensational human being. 

Agreed. Very humble and gets the best out of his players.

17 hours ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

Dwengers track record of integrating transfers isn’t the greatest. They’re very proud of their 2 deep consisting of feeder school CYO kids. If anywhere, Snider and Luers seem like likely the 2 best options. I only say Luers because of the passing game they bring back. I’d think any high level athlete would wanna be apart of that.

I don't think he would actually transfer to Dwenger, and agree he would fit in much better at Luers or Snider. I fully expect him to remain at North Side, especially if they get a quality coach (he may also stay for basketball, I have no idea which sport he prefers.) 

I would love to see Luke Amstutz from East Noble in the SAC, but I don't see him leaving EN for North either. 

1 hour ago, Prospect said:

I don't think he would actually transfer to Dwenger, and agree he would fit in much better at Luers or Snider. I fully expect him to remain at North Side, especially if they get a quality coach (he may also stay for basketball, I have no idea which sport he prefers.) 

I would love to see Luke Amstutz from East Noble in the SAC, but I don't see him leaving EN for North either. 

Not to derail the original topic of the thread here but all of this transfer talk got me to thinking...

How much damage could a SAC/FW all-star team do at the 6A level?  Its the offseason, so I am just bored and spitballing.

A shoe in for the state title?

5 hours ago, Prospect said:

We’ll see how the basketball season plays out but if the past few seasons are any indicator, North will struggle and it doesn’t sound like it’s gonna get better in the foreseeable future. The whole transfer thing is just something I thought was interesting given the number of transfers sac schools have had over the past few years strictly due to athletic reasons.

4 hours ago, temptation said:

Not to derail the original topic of the thread here but all of this transfer talk got me to thinking...

How much damage could a SAC/FW all-star team do at the 6A level?  Its the offseason, so I am just bored and spitballing.

As far as building a 6A power goes, that’s a possibility but not a foregone certainty. Where the FW area schools lack compared to Indy metro schools is offensive and defensive line size. It’s hard to compete with teams who have guys across the board who are 6’4-6’7 and anywhere from 265 to 305 per guy. We just don’t have that kind of size here minus a few outliers (Randy Holtz, Joe Tippmann)

3 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

As far as building a 6A power goes, that’s a possibility but not a foregone certainty. Where the FW area schools lack compared to Indy metro schools is offensive and defensive line size. It’s hard to compete with teams who have guys across the board who are 6’4-6’7 and anywhere from 265 to 305 per guy. We just don’t have that kind of size here minus a few outliers (Randy Holtz, Joe Tippmann)

Gimme a Fort Wayne/SAC starting 22.  I’m intrigued by this.

39 minutes ago, temptation said:

Gimme a Fort Wayne/SAC starting 22.  I’m intrigued by this.

Let me do a little research on the guys coming back next year and I’ll post it. Some positions there’s more than one guy we can put out there so it’ll take some time. Forgive me as well as I’m also at work at the moment 😆

5 hours ago, temptation said:

A SAC all-star team could compete. If I get some time I'll put together a nice roster for you. 

3 hours ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

We’ll see how the basketball season plays out but if the past few seasons are any indicator, North will struggle and it doesn’t sound like it’s gonna get better in the foreseeable future. The whole transfer thing is just something I thought was interesting given the number of transfers sac schools have had over the past few years strictly due to athletic reasons.

Snider has made some positive progress in the B ball area lately, plus still think they are the "football destination" in the greater metroplex of Fort Wayne

11 hours ago, temptation said:

I know someone in this area that actually started the process to open a charter school......pretty much for that purpose. 

9 hours ago, Irishman said:

I know someone in this area that actually started the process to open a charter school......pretty much for that purpose. 

Let’s do it!

10 hours ago, BTF said:

Every single year. The best team in Indy would be mercy ruled early in the third quarter. 

Gimme a roster.

Just now, temptation said:

Common sense states they’d probably win...but running clock?

Absolutely. You're talking about a high school of 15,247 kids. That's basically what all of Fort Wayne equates to. With a half way decent coaching staff, they would win every single year. With a good coaching staff they win with a running clock. Fort Wayne produces it's fair share of athletes:

24 NFL players since 1980. Indianapolis has produced 2.7 times that of Fort Wayne, but the city of Indy is also 3.4 times larger. So per capita, Fort Wayne holds a slight edge. Point being...........both cities produce quality NFL players. 

Fort Wayne put a team together in 2016 that won the National IMG 7 on 7. That was against teams from Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Texas, and others. They finished 3rd in 2013. I'm not sure they ever finished outside the top 15 out of 50+ teams. Again, lots of talent in this little city of 300,000. 

I guess if I had to start with a roster I would start with two offensive linemen. Vinny Fiacable (Indiana commit) and DE Moore (offers from Texas A&M, Ohio State, Indiana, Penn State, and many more). I really don't have time to put together an entire roster and I shouldn't have too. The chances of of an Indy high school beating an All Star team from Fort Wayne is about the same as someone's suggestion that Center Grove could beat a Division III/NAIA team.................which is basically slim to none.