Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Regular Season Matchups 2021

40 minutes ago, CoachSnyder said:

Twin Lakes will travel to New Prairie in 2021 then NP will come to TL in 2022.  Personally I would like to see us pick up one more non conference school as others have.  But it is difficult to find as we have been looking for a 2nd game out of the conference for some time.

Good luck!  New Prairie is a solid program.

3 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

All three of those conferences are real bad fits, if that’s not already apparent.

I agree with you that they are not great, but all would provide much better competition and less overall travel than the NCC.  The objective is to get bigger, stronger and better thru the regular season, and the only way to do that is to step up the competitive profile of the competition.  

1 hour ago, DanteEstonia said:

While I agree the NCC makes zero geographic sense, having the Lafayette schools in CI would be a  travel nightmare. 

I still believe that a combination of CI/CC and Jeff and Harrison would be a super conference that would lift the athletic fortunes of all schools involved.  There is already some very good non conference competition between many of these schools and they dont seem to mind the travel.  The Lafayette schools would have less travel in this model and much better competition.  Travel for CI schools would be the same.  The PPs are used to traveling so this lineup presents nothing new for them.  

Lafayette Jeff

Lafayette Harrison

Terre Haute South

Terre Haute North

Bloomington South

Bloomington North

Columbus North

Southport

Guerin

Roncalli

Chatard

Brebeuf

East/West Option

East :  Chatard/Guerin/Roncalli/Brebeuf/Columbus North/Southport

West : Harrison/Jeff/THN/THS/BS/BN

I would give the schools the option to decide if they want to leave a week open for non con play or play all games within conference.  

The name "Conference Indiana" implies that the league represents more than just one region or  area of the state.  

This conference represents major cities including Indy, Lafayette, Bloomington, Terre Haute, Columbus.  This conference, with top line coaching, would be a strong threat to any other in the state as second best behind the MIC.  

Edited by DT

On 12/24/2020 at 12:28 AM, DanteEstonia said:

While I agree the NCC makes zero geographic sense, having the Lafayette schools in CI would be a  travel nightmare. 

Indeed it would.  As I said in on another thread, pare down the NCC, add a school or two (potentially) and let CI figure it out for themselves.  Adding schools further away than Terre Haute is no bueno.

Edited by Gipper

On 12/23/2020 at 9:29 PM, DanteEstonia said:

All three of those conferences are real bad fits, if that’s not already apparent.

With that, Jeff and Harrison’s first salvo in the HCC wasn’t all that successful (nor was it for John T. McCutcheon HS).  I also don’t think their best option is playing PP schools from Indianapolis.

Edited by Gipper

8 minutes ago, Gipper said:

With that, Jeff and Harrison’s first salvo in the HCC wasn’t all that successful (nor was it for John T. McCutcheon HS).  I also don’t think their best option is playing PP schools from Indianapolis.

McCutcheon plays Guerin fairly close ... last three years saw McCutcheon at 1-2 with 14-7 being the score this year.  Harrison lost to Roncalli 49-45 this year in a back-and-forth event.

On 12/23/2020 at 9:46 AM, DT said:

Covid and its associated costs will keep currently closed conferences permanently closed and encourage others to seek closure as well.  

Look for the following conferences to seek new members to reach 10 schools and fully closed status :

NLC - needs 2  

Mid State - needs 2

HCC - needs 2

HHillsC - needs 3

HHeritage - needs 2

DAC - needs 2

Sagamore - needs 2

NE 8 - needs 2

Were the NE8 to actually consider doing this.  I would AUTOMATICALLY nominate/suggest Angola for admittance.  

They are an outlier in the NECC and really should be a larger (more demographically similar and in size to their school). 

As for whom the 10th team should be, I have NO Idea of "who fits the bill" to join also.  It may be a situation where the NE8 looks to "raid" another conference for that 10th member.  

Of course, due to travel, It would behoove the conference to consider later start times in all sports for the trip to Angola for the 'southern based" conference members.  

Having said all that...I think most conferences DO NOT want to become 'closed' when it comes to FB.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

Were the NE8 to actually consider doing this.  I would AUTOMATICALLY nominate/suggest Angola for admittance.  

They are an outlier in the NECC and really should be a larger (more demographically similar and in size to their school). 

As for whom the 10th team should be, I have NO Idea of "who fits the bill" to join also.  It may be a situation where the NE8 looks to "raid" another conference for that 10th member.  

Of course, due to travel, It would behoove the conference to consider later start times in all sports for the trip to Angola for the 'southern based" conference members.  

Having said all that...I think most conferences DO NOT want to become 'closed' when it comes to FB.  

Angola is definitely a no brainer and would be a quality addition to the conference. Wouldn't be upset to see them replace Bellmont, I think it would increase competition in every sport except likely wrestling.

If you're going with a 10th team I am having a hard time coming up with any team outside of the SAC. Northrop could be a nice addition, I don't think football wise they would be unbeatable by any team in the conference.

4 hours ago, Prospect said:

Angola is definitely a no brainer and would be a quality addition to the conference. Wouldn't be upset to see them replace Bellmont, I think it would increase competition in every sport except likely wrestling.

If you're going with a 10th team I am having a hard time coming up with any team outside of the SAC. Northrop could be a nice addition, I don't think football wise they would be unbeatable by any team in the conference.

Angola and Concordia to the NE8