• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Open Club  ·  47 members  ·  Free

OOB v2.0

The Joe Biden Presidency Thread

swordfish

2 hours ago, Muda69 said:

It's all political, it has to be.  

Therefore it is all Trump's fault.

The two biggest wins of the Biden presidency have been via the Trump appointed Supreme Court justices, lol.

I’ll count that as a win.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

The two biggest wins of the Biden presidency have been via the Trump appointed Supreme Court justices, lol.

I’ll count that as a win.

When Mr. Biden first took office there was some talk about expanding the SCOTUS, and he said he didn't support that. I wonder if these recent defeats will change his mind?

23 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

When Mr. Biden first took office there was some talk about expanding the SCOTUS, and he said he didn't support that. I wonder if these recent defeats will change his mind?

“This is not a normal court.”

I’ve been told that questioning our democracy is akin/more dangerous than domestic terrorism.

Is that still the case?

2 hours ago, Bobref said:

😂🤣😆

I’d argue they’ve made four common sense decisions in the last 12 months.

Seems pretty “normal” to me, especially when you see how most Americans feel about these issues in polling.

Supreme Court to Biden: You Can't Just Forgive $400 Billion in Student Loan Debt Without Asking Congress

https://reason.com/2023/06/30/supreme-court-to-biden-you-cant-just-forgive-400-billion-in-student-loan-debt-without-asking-congress/

The Supreme Court has struck down President Joe Biden's student loan forgiveness plan, ruling 6–3 that the plan, which had promised up to $20,000 in federal student loan forgiveness per borrower, was not authorized under existing law. It was widely expected that the Court would halt Biden's proposal.

Last August, Biden announced that the Department of Education would launch a sweeping student loan forgiveness plan, forgiving $10,000 in federal student loan debt for single borrowers making up to $125,000 per year and married couples making up to $250,000. Borrowers who received Pell Grants would be eligible for $20,000 in loan forgiveness.

Almost immediately, the plan was met with legal challenges. The Supreme Court agreed to hear two cases, one filed jointly by six Republican-led states that wished to block the measure, and another filed in Texas by two state residents who were not eligible for the maximum relief provided by the plan.

The Supreme Court unanimously ruled that the plaintiffs in the Texas case had no standing. But it ruled in favor of the coalition of Republican states, deciding that Biden's attempt at legitimizing the proposal through the HEROES Act—and the billions in federal spending that it would entail—fell flat on the merits and was unconstitutional.

The HEROES Act is a 9/11-era law designed to allow the government to grant student loan relief to soldiers who withdrew from college to enter active duty. The law gives the Department of Education the authority to "waive or modify" any "requirement or regulation" of a federal student loan plan for individuals who "suffered direct economic hardship as a direct result of a war or other military operation or national emergency."

While the Department of Education argued that this granted it broad authority to cancel student loan debt, citing COVID-19 as the "national emergency" in question, the Supreme Court didn't buy it. "The Secretary's plan has 'modified' the cited provisions only in the same sense that 'the French Revolution "modified" the status of the French nobility,'" wrote Chief Justice John Roberts in the majority opinion. "It has abolished them and supplanted them with a new regime entirely."

Roberts continued: "The Secretary has not truly waived or modified the provisions in the Education Act authorizing specific and limited forgiveness of student loans. Those provisions remain safely intact in the U. S. Code, where they continue to operate in full force. What the Secretary has actually done is draft a new section of the Education Act from scratch by 'waiving' provisions root and branch and then filling the empty space with radically new text."

Roberts further asserted that only Congress could authorize such extensive student loan forgiveness. He even cited former Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D–Calif.), who told reporters in 2021, "People think that the President of the United States has the power for debt forgiveness. He does not. He can postpone. He can delay. But he does not have that power. That has to be an act of Congress."

The ruling marks a decisive halt to a proposal that would have cost taxpayers an estimated $400 billion. While higher education—and particularly graduate school—is too expensive for many students, loan forgiveness does nothing to address the root cause of inflated college tuition. Instead, Biden's plan would have primarily benefited wealthier Americans, and it would have resulted in outstanding student loan debt returning to current levels by 2028.

Policies that restrict the supply of federal student loans—for example, lowering the cap on the amounts individuals can borrow, or refusing to provide federal loans for programs and colleges that leave students financially worse off—are the clearest way to improve the situation in the long term. Unfortunately, long-term solutions aren't nearly as attractive as the short-term appeal of giving a payout to a group of Americans that also happens to comprise a significant part of the Democratic base, with the announcement coming shortly before the 2022 midterms.

From the beginning, Biden's plan was doomed to fail. As Roberts wrote, "Our precedent— old and new—requires that Congress speak clearly before a Department Secretary can unilaterally alter large sections of the American economy." Biden surely knew—or should have known—this. But instead of attempting to enact his policy goals through Congress, he embarked on a 10-month boondoggle that has met its predictable end.

Nice to see the SCOTUS finally trying to rein in the abuse of power rampant in the Executive Branch.  Now if only the Legislative Branch would do it's job....

And it looks like they will get their chance to shine, according to Mr. Biden's new scheme:

https://apnews.com/article/student-loans-biden-democrats-gop-campaign-2024-37c7a2c3dbd38dc4bf53c3333413bcd7

President Joe Biden vowed Friday to push ahead with a new plan providing student loan relief for millions of borrowers, while blaming Republican “hypocrisy” for triggering the day’s Supreme Court decision that wiped out his original effort.

Biden said his administration had already begun the process of working under the authority of the Higher Education Act of 1965, which he called “the best path that remains to provide as many borrowers as possible with debt relief.”

In the meantime, since student loan-payment requirements are to resume in the fall, the White House is creating an “on ramp” to repayment and implementing ways to ease borrowers’ threat of default if they fall behind over the next year.

The president said the new programs will take longer than his initial effort would have to ease student loan debt.

Speaking to reporters at the White House, Biden said borrowers now angry about the court’s decision should blame Republicans. He is trying to stay on the political offensive even as the ruling undermined a key promise to young voters who will be vital to his 2024 reelection campaign.

“These Republican officials just couldn’t bear the thought of providing relief for working class, middle class Americans,” Biden said. “The hypocrisy of Republican elected officials is stunning.”

Trying to place staunch opposition to student loan forgiveness on the GOP could allow Biden’s reelection campaign to maintain the issue as one of strength in the short term. But that may ultimately offer little solace to 43 million Americans who benefited from the initial program and will now have to wait for its replacement to take shape.

“We do not want to go into excruciating debt for our entire lives to enhance our education,” Voters of Tomorrow, a Gen Z-led organization that promotes the power of young Americans, said in a statement.

The White House efforts to forgive loans were an attempt to keep a Biden promise stretching back to his 2020 campaign to wipe out student loan debt — an idea that was especially popular with young voters and progressives. Both will be key for the president in next year’s presidential race but may be less energized about supporting him after the high court’s decision.

The political stakes are especially high since progressive Democrats in Congress and activists have been clamoring for the administration to offer an alternative to Biden’s original student loan plan for months, fearing that the Supreme Court would ultimately move to block the president’s original efforts.

Many progressives argued that the Higher Education Act was the best vehicle all along, though the administration worried that implementation might have been slower had it originally tried employing the act.

The new approach uses a provision allowing Education Secretary Miguel Cardona to “compromise, waive or release” student loans. The Biden administration used the same basis last year to forgive $6 billion in loans for borrowers who were deceived by their colleges.

The details of the new forgiveness will be negotiated through a federal rulemaking process that the administration launched Friday. The process allows the Education Department to write or change federal regulations with the weight of law.

But there’s no guarantee that the plan could survive another legal challenge.

The Higher Education Act has been used to cancel student debt but never at this scale, and lawyers for the Trump administration concluded in 2021 that the education secretary “does not have statutory authority to provide blanket or mass cancellation” under the act.

The GOP has long countered that repaying student loans is a fairness issue, and many leading Republicans celebrated Friday’s ruling. Betsy DeVos, who served as secretary of education under President Donald Trump, called Biden’s original plan “deeply unfair to the majority of Americans who don’t have student loans.”

Republicans now seeking their party’s 2024 presidential nomination lined up to applaud the decision, with former Vice President Mike Pence saying he was “pleased that the court struck down the radical left’s effort to use the money of taxpayers who played by the rules and repaid their debts in order to cancel the debt of bankers and lawyers in New York, San Francisco, and Washington.”

Addressing the Moms for Liberty conference in Philadelphia on Friday, Trump slammed Biden’s efforts on student loans as “a way of trying to buy votes, that’s all it was.” Former U.S. ambassador to the United Nation’s Nikki Haley said the Supreme Court was “right to throw out Joe Biden’s power grab.”

After Biden announced his response, some Republicans were equally quick to reject it.

“Taxpayers just got sucker punched – again – by this administration,” said Rep. Virginia Foxx, a North Carolina Republican. “Today, President Biden announced that taxpayers will be forced to pay for the costliest regulation in our nation’s history.”

33 minutes ago, temptation said:

It’s almost like Joseph knew during his 2020 campaign that this would be ruled unconstitutional and pandered to his voters by lying…especially the 20 somethings who voted for him in droves.

We saw this sort of thing for years (before SCOTUS overruled Roe) when Indiana legislators passed bill after bill curtailing abortion, and were regularly enjoined by federal courts.

2 minutes ago, Bobref said:

We saw this sort of thing for years (before SCOTUS overruled Roe) when Indiana legislators passed bill after bill curtailing abortion, and were regularly enjoined by federal courts.

Still makes me chuckle that a guy who repeatedly cited “unity” as his calling card during his campaign and labeled anyone that questioned the inner workings of our democracy as a terrorist (the top threat to our country, his words) get so butthurt and throw stones while throwing a temper tantrum after consecutive L’s.

• 2 weeks later...

So am I the only person in the entire United States that believes the Secret Service, the organization tasked with security of the most secure building in the world knows exactly who it was that inadvertently left their stash in one of the most secure locations within that building?  Seriously? 

They knew within the first hour of discovery who had utilized that "cubby" for the past 12 months minimum.   Worse yet - If they didn't - then someone destroyed the video recordings (complete with the latest facial recognition technology) before they could be viewed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nevermind the many many MANY real serious criminal acts that are coming to light now from the "Biden Crime Family" that are not even being challenged (just ignored) by the MSM.  

So here's some different news - Uncle Joe's dog biting the Secret Service agents again and he thinks they are lying about it.......

https://nypost.com/2023/07/25/biden-dog-commander-bit-or-threatened-10-people-sent-one-to-hospital/

Biden, 80, has reportedly expressed doubts about the honesty of a Secret Service member who reported being bitten on the leg by his prior dog Major, also a German shepherd, and the White House has not disclosed any biting incidents involving Commander, who often can be heard barking on the executive mansion’s grounds.

Behind the scenes, agents described alarming series of incidents.

The most serious incident on Nov. 3 began as a Secret Service officer was seated at the bottom of a stairwell at the White House.

Commander “came down the stairs and walked toward” them, according to an internal agency email.

The dog, unprovoked, reportedly bit the officer’s arm on the tricep area — and, when the officer stood up, chomped down on their quad muscle area on the leg.

Another officer reported that the attack victim reported “a considerable amount of pain” and said that they were forced to use a steel cart to shield against further attack.

An officer at the Secret Service Joint Operations Center wrote, “WH medical treated the officer and made the decision to have [the victim] transported to [redacted] Hospital.”

Two days after the incident, the attacked agent, whose doctor placed them on restricted duty for three days after their visit to the hospital, emailed to a colleague who asked about their recovery: “My leg and arm still hurts. He bit me twice and ran at me twice.”

The fellow Secret Service member wrote back: “What a joke… if it wasn’t their dog he would already have been put down – freaking clown needs a muzzle.”

Some of the incidents directly involved the first family, according to the email cache.

On Nov. 10, a Secret Service Uniformed Division officer was bitten on the left thigh by Commander while first lady Jill Biden walked the dog in the Kennedy Garden near the East Wing and reported “bruising, tenderness and pain in the bite area,” a communication in the document production reveals.

On Nov. 14, another Secret Service officer described in an emailed report having to defend themselves with a chair to prevent being attacked.

The officer wrote that they “heard the dog bark with a loud aggressive sound” and “looked up and saw him at the landing of the ushers staircase. I made eye contact with him and grabbed the black chair I was sitting on and held it in front of me while backing up.”

On Dec. 11, a Secret Service special agent in the Presidential Protective Division reported being was bitten after the president took Commander off his leash after watching a movie — writing that he had a 1.5 cm cut and bruising to the attacked agent’s arm and a 1 cm cut due to a second bite on his hand and thumb.

One of the agent’s bosses wrote in an email also released to Judicial Watch that “this occurred after departing the family movie theatre” with “Commander and family members (total 6 participants).”

President Biden “requested to take Commander (on the leash) to the Kennedy Garden. Once at the KG, POTUS took Commander off the leash to run free. I was present to observe [redacted] departing from the Kennedy Garden to move behind [redacted] toward the south ground drive via the internal garden gate when [the attack] occurred.”

A workplace injury form show that a Secret Service officer also was bitten on Dec. 16.

“I was walking across the complex and a dog bit my left arm,” the officer wrote, describing the injury as, “Dog bite, superficial laceration, contusion, soreness, and bruising.”

On Christmas Eve, a Secret Service inspector wrote to colleagues that one day prior another officer “was bitten while posted at [redacted location] yesterday.”

“Nearly every official in the room with me today spoke about specific incidents surrounding the First Family’s dog,” the inspector’s email said.

On Jan. 2, an agency technical security investigator was attacked when investigating an alarm at the president’s Wilmington home, where he often spends the weekend.

“Commander squeezed his way through the door and immediately bit/latched onto the lower right side of my back,” the attack victim wrote in an email.

A person whose name was redacted from the email “told Commander to get down and assisted in pulling him off,” the technician wrote.

“The total incident did not last more than about 10 seconds and Commander went back inside the residence. [The person whose name was redacted] was apologetic after the incident. After checking my lower back, there’s a 1×1 scratched, bruised spot where Commander grabbed onto and was bleeding consistent of a scratch like rug burn.”

The incidents seemed to begin in October of last year.

In the first documented instance, on the morning of Oct. 5, Commander “jumped on” an emergency response technician on the White House grounds and bit at their “arm/wrist area”

On Oct 3 at a door leading to the garden near the East Wing, Commander “inflicted a ‘friendly soft bite’ on [a Secret Service agent’s] forearm as [he] held the door open,” though “no skin was broken from the bite.”

On Oct. 26, a uniformed division Secret Service officer wrote: “Commander has been exhibiting extremely aggressive behavior. Today, while posted, he came charging at me. The First Lady couldn’t regain control of commander [sic] and he continued to circle me. I believe it’s only a matter of time before an agent/officer is attacked or bit.”

“He would have bit me today if I didn’t step towards him a couple different times. It was bad enough that the agent on the detail asked if I got bit – just so you’re aware.”

19 minutes ago, swordfish said:

Nevermind the many many MANY real serious criminal acts that are coming to light now from the "Biden Crime Family" that are not even being challenged (just ignored) by the MSM.  

So here's some different news - Uncle Joe's dog biting the Secret Service agents again and he thinks they are lying about it.......

https://nypost.com/2023/07/25/biden-dog-commander-bit-or-threatened-10-people-sent-one-to-hospital/

Biden, 80, has reportedly expressed doubts about the honesty of a Secret Service member who reported being bitten on the leg by his prior dog Major, also a German shepherd, and the White House has not disclosed any biting incidents involving Commander, who often can be heard barking on the executive mansion’s grounds.

Behind the scenes, agents described alarming series of incidents.

The most serious incident on Nov. 3 began as a Secret Service officer was seated at the bottom of a stairwell at the White House.

Commander “came down the stairs and walked toward” them, according to an internal agency email.

The dog, unprovoked, reportedly bit the officer’s arm on the tricep area — and, when the officer stood up, chomped down on their quad muscle area on the leg.

Another officer reported that the attack victim reported “a considerable amount of pain” and said that they were forced to use a steel cart to shield against further attack.

An officer at the Secret Service Joint Operations Center wrote, “WH medical treated the officer and made the decision to have [the victim] transported to [redacted] Hospital.”

Two days after the incident, the attacked agent, whose doctor placed them on restricted duty for three days after their visit to the hospital, emailed to a colleague who asked about their recovery: “My leg and arm still hurts. He bit me twice and ran at me twice.”

The fellow Secret Service member wrote back: “What a joke… if it wasn’t their dog he would already have been put down – freaking clown needs a muzzle.”

Some of the incidents directly involved the first family, according to the email cache.

On Nov. 10, a Secret Service Uniformed Division officer was bitten on the left thigh by Commander while first lady Jill Biden walked the dog in the Kennedy Garden near the East Wing and reported “bruising, tenderness and pain in the bite area,” a communication in the document production reveals.

On Nov. 14, another Secret Service officer described in an emailed report having to defend themselves with a chair to prevent being attacked.

The officer wrote that they “heard the dog bark with a loud aggressive sound” and “looked up and saw him at the landing of the ushers staircase. I made eye contact with him and grabbed the black chair I was sitting on and held it in front of me while backing up.”

On Dec. 11, a Secret Service special agent in the Presidential Protective Division reported being was bitten after the president took Commander off his leash after watching a movie — writing that he had a 1.5 cm cut and bruising to the attacked agent’s arm and a 1 cm cut due to a second bite on his hand and thumb.

One of the agent’s bosses wrote in an email also released to Judicial Watch that “this occurred after departing the family movie theatre” with “Commander and family members (total 6 participants).”

President Biden “requested to take Commander (on the leash) to the Kennedy Garden. Once at the KG, POTUS took Commander off the leash to run free. I was present to observe [redacted] departing from the Kennedy Garden to move behind [redacted] toward the south ground drive via the internal garden gate when [the attack] occurred.”

A workplace injury form show that a Secret Service officer also was bitten on Dec. 16.

“I was walking across the complex and a dog bit my left arm,” the officer wrote, describing the injury as, “Dog bite, superficial laceration, contusion, soreness, and bruising.”

On Christmas Eve, a Secret Service inspector wrote to colleagues that one day prior another officer “was bitten while posted at [redacted location] yesterday.”

“Nearly every official in the room with me today spoke about specific incidents surrounding the First Family’s dog,” the inspector’s email said.

On Jan. 2, an agency technical security investigator was attacked when investigating an alarm at the president’s Wilmington home, where he often spends the weekend.

“Commander squeezed his way through the door and immediately bit/latched onto the lower right side of my back,” the attack victim wrote in an email.

A person whose name was redacted from the email “told Commander to get down and assisted in pulling him off,” the technician wrote.

“The total incident did not last more than about 10 seconds and Commander went back inside the residence. [The person whose name was redacted] was apologetic after the incident. After checking my lower back, there’s a 1×1 scratched, bruised spot where Commander grabbed onto and was bleeding consistent of a scratch like rug burn.”

The incidents seemed to begin in October of last year.

In the first documented instance, on the morning of Oct. 5, Commander “jumped on” an emergency response technician on the White House grounds and bit at their “arm/wrist area”

On Oct 3 at a door leading to the garden near the East Wing, Commander “inflicted a ‘friendly soft bite’ on [a Secret Service agent’s] forearm as [he] held the door open,” though “no skin was broken from the bite.”

On Oct. 26, a uniformed division Secret Service officer wrote: “Commander has been exhibiting extremely aggressive behavior. Today, while posted, he came charging at me. The First Lady couldn’t regain control of commander [sic] and he continued to circle me. I believe it’s only a matter of time before an agent/officer is attacked or bit.”

“He would have bit me today if I didn’t step towards him a couple different times. It was bad enough that the agent on the detail asked if I got bit – just so you’re aware.”

Awesome does this mean more senseless congressional hearings? 

On 7/25/2023 at 9:23 AM, Impartial_Observer said:

Awesome does this mean more senseless congressional hearings? 

IDK - but Uncle Joe now says "We ended cancer as we know it" as his son's plea deal seems to be falling apart as the prosecutors are keeping future charges alive. 

https://nypost.com/2023/07/26/hunter-biden-arrives-at-court-accompanied-by-sugar-brother-kevin-morris/

https://nypost.com/2023/07/26/hunter-bidens-plea-implosion-a-nail-in-coffin-to-joes-campaign/

• Haha 1

After the news of the plea deal of the century falling through yesterday, SF wonders who at the DOJ F-ed up and let that Judge come into and throw a wrench in the middle of a plea deal that both the Defense AND the Prosecution had agreed on giving Hunter nearly lifetime immunity for just about anything.......With the hand-picked people in the right positions, SF thinks someone (somehow) in or around the Bidens didn't put down the bong, dropped the ball on that one and allowed a real Judge into this......

28 minutes ago, swordfish said:

After the news of the plea deal of the century falling through yesterday, SF wonders who at the DOJ F-ed up and let that Judge come into and throw a wrench in the middle of a plea deal that both the Defense AND the Prosecution had agreed on giving Hunter nearly lifetime immunity for just about anything.......With the hand-picked people in the right positions, SF thinks someone (somehow) in or around the Bidens didn't put down the bong, dropped the ball on that one and allowed a real Judge into this......

And this is a great example of why an independent judiciary, not politically beholden to anyone, is absolutely essential for our checks and balances government to work correctly.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is actually bad news for the Bidens. Potentially very bad. (IMHO) - this could be the beginning of the "coup" in the Democrat Party I have suspected was coming for them to remove Joe Biden from office or at the least keep him from running in '24.  Hunter is going to trial.  (Or so it would appear)

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ag-garland-appoints-hunter-biden-investigator-david-weiss-special-counsel?fbclid=IwAR2ZqMWBx1w1OQJiblOzt1nghx9IR4xIBrA0hTDhBe_MrWuSb6OaS_e5nUU

Attorney General Merrick Garland on Friday appointed U.S. Attorney David Weiss a special counsel in the Hunter Biden probe, as well as any other matters that arose or may arise from that investigation. 

"I'm here today to announce the appointment of David Weiss as a special counsel consistent with the Department of Justice regulations governing such matters. In keeping with those regulations, I have today notified the designated members of each House of Congress of the appointment," Garland said at a press conference in Washington, D.C.

Weiss is the federal prosecutor who has investigated the business dealings of Hunter Biden and brought charges against him in Delaware. His appointment as special counsel indicates that, contrary to Biden's defense lawyers' claims, the Justice Department investigation into President Biden's son is not over.  

Garland said on Tuesday that Weiss told him that "in his judgment, his investigation has reached a stage at which he should continue his work as a special counsel, and he asked to be appointed."

"Upon considering his request, as well as the extraordinary circumstances relating to this matter, I have concluded it is in the public interest to appoint him as special counsel," Garland said.

A senior Justice Department official said the White House was not informed of Garland's decision before the announcement. 

In July, Weiss announced a probation-only plea agreement for Biden in which he'd plead guilty to tax evasion charges. However, U.S. District Court Judge Maryellen Noreika, a Trump appointee, rejected the agreement after expressing several concerns over its provisions.  

Republicans had criticized the agreement as a "sweetheart" deal and have pursued their own investigation into the Biden family's business dealings, with an eye towards impeaching the president. 

Talks between federal prosecutors and Biden's defense team subsequently broke down after the government acknowledged Biden was still under federal investigation.

Garland confirmed Friday that investigation is still ongoing. In a press release, the Justice Department said Weiss will serve as special counsel "for the ongoing investigation and prosecutions referenced and described in United States v. Robert Hunter Biden, as well as for any other matters that arose or may arise from that investigation."

That language leaves open the possibility that other members of the Biden family, including President Biden could be part of this investigation. When asked if President Biden is being investigated as part of this probe, a Department of Justice official declined to comment.

House Judiciary Chairman Rep Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, blasted Weiss' appointment in a statement issued through a spokesman. 

"David Weiss can’t be trusted and this is just a new way to whitewash the Biden family’s corruption. Weiss has already signed off on a sweetheart plea deal that was so awful and unfair that a federal judge rejected it. We will continue to pursue facts brought to light by brave whistleblowers as well as Weiss’s inconsistent statements to Congress." said Jordan spokesman Russell Dye.

The DOJ is already making it's moves......

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4149068-doj-drop-hunter-biden-case-delaware-trial-elsewhere/

What will become of this?  

42 minutes ago, swordfish said:

This is actually bad news for the Bidens. Potentially very bad. (IMHO) - this could be the beginning of the "coup" in the Democrat Party I have suspected was coming for them to remove Joe Biden from office or at the least keep him from running in '24.  Hunter is going to trial.  (Or so it would appear)

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ag-garland-appoints-hunter-biden-investigator-david-weiss-special-counsel?fbclid=IwAR2ZqMWBx1w1OQJiblOzt1nghx9IR4xIBrA0hTDhBe_MrWuSb6OaS_e5nUU

Attorney General Merrick Garland on Friday appointed U.S. Attorney David Weiss a special counsel in the Hunter Biden probe, as well as any other matters that arose or may arise from that investigation. 

"I'm here today to announce the appointment of David Weiss as a special counsel consistent with the Department of Justice regulations governing such matters. In keeping with those regulations, I have today notified the designated members of each House of Congress of the appointment," Garland said at a press conference in Washington, D.C.

Weiss is the federal prosecutor who has investigated the business dealings of Hunter Biden and brought charges against him in Delaware. His appointment as special counsel indicates that, contrary to Biden's defense lawyers' claims, the Justice Department investigation into President Biden's son is not over.  

Garland said on Tuesday that Weiss told him that "in his judgment, his investigation has reached a stage at which he should continue his work as a special counsel, and he asked to be appointed."

"Upon considering his request, as well as the extraordinary circumstances relating to this matter, I have concluded it is in the public interest to appoint him as special counsel," Garland said.

A senior Justice Department official said the White House was not informed of Garland's decision before the announcement. 

In July, Weiss announced a probation-only plea agreement for Biden in which he'd plead guilty to tax evasion charges. However, U.S. District Court Judge Maryellen Noreika, a Trump appointee, rejected the agreement after expressing several concerns over its provisions.  

Republicans had criticized the agreement as a "sweetheart" deal and have pursued their own investigation into the Biden family's business dealings, with an eye towards impeaching the president. 

Talks between federal prosecutors and Biden's defense team subsequently broke down after the government acknowledged Biden was still under federal investigation.

Garland confirmed Friday that investigation is still ongoing. In a press release, the Justice Department said Weiss will serve as special counsel "for the ongoing investigation and prosecutions referenced and described in United States v. Robert Hunter Biden, as well as for any other matters that arose or may arise from that investigation."

That language leaves open the possibility that other members of the Biden family, including President Biden could be part of this investigation. When asked if President Biden is being investigated as part of this probe, a Department of Justice official declined to comment.

House Judiciary Chairman Rep Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, blasted Weiss' appointment in a statement issued through a spokesman. 

"David Weiss can’t be trusted and this is just a new way to whitewash the Biden family’s corruption. Weiss has already signed off on a sweetheart plea deal that was so awful and unfair that a federal judge rejected it. We will continue to pursue facts brought to light by brave whistleblowers as well as Weiss’s inconsistent statements to Congress." said Jordan spokesman Russell Dye.

The DOJ is already making it's moves......

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4149068-doj-drop-hunter-biden-case-delaware-trial-elsewhere/

What will become of this?  

You mean the whispers that Joey has skeletons in his closet are getting louder?

Must mean another indictment for Trump is forthcoming.

Its so obvious at this point.