Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New Donald Trump thread

Muda69

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Got anything a little less open about their leanings? 

From MRC's "About the MRC" page:

"MRC’s sole mission is to expose and neutralize the propaganda arm of the Left: the national news media. This makes the MRC’s work unique within the conservative movement."

https://www.mrc.org/about

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Organizations that don't believe in evolution.  Nice one. lol.  You sure know how to pick em.  NPR>Forbes>MRC is what we have learned today.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/media-research-center-mrc/

Notes: The Media Research Center (MRC) is a politically conservative content analysis organization based in Reston, Virginia, founded in 1987 by activist L. Brent Bozell III. Its stated mission is to “prove—through sound scientific research—that liberal bias in the media does exist and undermines traditional American values.” Unfortunately, this source needs its content analyzed as it is very biased toward the right. They also advocate for climate denialism and even appear not to be on board with evolution

1 minute ago, BARRYOSAMA said:

Organizations that don't believe in evolution.  Nice one. lol.  You sure know how to pick em.  NPR>Forbes>MRC is what we have learned today.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/media-research-center-mrc/

Notes: The Media Research Center (MRC) is a politically conservative content analysis organization based in Reston, Virginia, founded in 1987 by activist L. Brent Bozell III. Its stated mission is to “prove—through sound scientific research—that liberal bias in the media does exist and undermines traditional American values.” Unfortunately, this source needs its content analyzed as it is very biased toward the right. They also advocate for climate denialism and even appear not to be on board with evolution

I believe in evolution.  I also believe in liberal bias in the media.

Just now, Muda69 said:

Correct. One is right wing the other is left wing.

That's the same plane; just different sides of the same plane. 

Breitbart isn't a necessarily trusted source ... NPR is.

image.png.a47ca5d8753799c1c874497342bd6020.png

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/these-are-the-most-and-the-least-trusted-news-sources-in-the-us-2017-08-03

6 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Ok.  From now on only stories from the following news outlet web sites may be posted on the GID:

www.apnews.com

www.reuters.com

All others risk being deleted.

Use that Moderator power again!

Cohen sues Trump Organization, wants it to pay legal bills: https://apnews.com/5ae8bc683b2d42ecacb42bbe4ac061c7

President Donald Trump’s former lawyer Michael Cohen filed a lawsuit Thursday claiming the Trump Organization broke a promise to pay his legal bills and owes at least $1.9 million to cover the cost of his defense.

The lawsuit, filed Thursday in New York state court, claims the Trump Organization stopped paying Cohen’s mounting legal fees after he began cooperating with federal prosecutors in their investigations related to Trump’s business dealings in Russia and attempts to silence women with embarrassing stories about his personal life. It alleges breach of contract and seeks damages on Cohen’s behalf. 

Messages seeking comment have been left with the Trump Organization. Cohen’s attorneys declined to comment.

In addition to the $1.9 million in legal fees Cohen is seeking, the lawsuit claims the Trump Organization should also pay the $1.9 million Cohen was ordered to forfeit “as part of his criminal sentence arising from conduct undertaken by Mr. Cohen in furtherance of and at the behest of the Trump Organization and its principals, directors, and officers.”

Cohen was one of Trump’s lawyers and closest advisers for a decade until their public split last summer.

After once bragging that he would “take a bullet” for the president, Cohen met with federal prosecutors in New York and with the office of special counsel Robert Mueller, telling them he had lied to Congress to protect Trump and paid off two women to keep them from speaking out about alleged affairs with Trump.

17 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

"trusted" using whose  criteria?

Here you go again ... since you deleted the last one with your "new power."

https://www.rjionline.org/stories/who-trusts-and-pays-for-the-news-heres-what-8728-people-told-us?link=mktw

• Disdain 1

37 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Yes, the post that that I presented is pretty much all my writing, based on my synthesis of info from various sources.  That's one of the reasons that I didn't give any links ... I don't think I quoted anything directly other than Statistica's graph and the info about the rate of compliance under FCMP.  The post was pretty much my own writing based on my knowledge picked up from regular reading over time.

I don't have any issue with the situation that there is an increase in families crossing causing a different set of issues including the same issues that Obama ran into back in 2014 when it was a huge problem tied to unaccompanied minors.  Where my issue is is that there's a distinct difference between there being a humanitarian and declaring a national emergency to address the crisis through additional agents to process families and having resources available to address the change in types of people that are coming vs. shutting down the government and declaring an emergency over WALL FUNDING which has nothing to do with the crisis component.  As I pointed out, what's disingenuous about the arguments from the likes of Senator Johnson and similar supporters, the White House, and the President is the NOW there's an issue of trying to make the humanitarian issue look like what the shutdown, emergency, etc. has been about all along ... and it hasn't and still isn't.  Similarly this is just like the President promising that the money's going to be used for a wall, then a barrier, then for national security as a whole and claiming that his wall was just a metaphor.  Similarly, Mexico's going to pay for it ... well, not actually pay for it, but maybe through tariffs ... well, maybe not through tariffs, ... but Xfinity is raising the monthly cost of Telemundo access.  For Trump this has always been about THE WALL ... now that he's finding out that he was in an echo chamber about how many people actually really backed A WALL, he's trying to spin it anyway he can.

If Trump has asked for $5.7 billion for more agents, for more port of entry processors, for more immigration judges/attorneys, etc., then I don't think there would have been a shutdown nor an emergency and he probably would have gotten Democrat votes to do that.  The problem is that, Mr. Art of the Deal really seems to be less about negotiations and more about bullying/bluffing and then trying to spin if he runs into someone who doesn't back down.  Let's face it, he completely misread Pelosi and misread the new Pelosi/House situation as well as misreading the support for bullying vs. negotiating this time around.  The Quinnipiac poll that just came out yesterday supports the idea that he misread the public response too; both to the wall and his emergency declaration to build the wall. https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2604 2-to-1 respondents disapprove of Trump using emergency powers to try to fund a wall.  By 55-41 they disapprove of the building of a wall in general.   

I don't think anyone is claiming that there's not a humanitarian issue at the border ... but what just about everyone is arguing against the emergency action is that a wall doesn't address the problem nor alleviate the issues associated with it.  Also, that the reasoning for the emergency and the shutdown, regardless of what Trump is NOW saying, isn't the reason for the shutdown, the emergency, or what Trump really wants out of this situation.  Folks trying to use a humanitarian issue to claim credibility for Trump's emergency declaration, at this point and in this fashion, are trying to switch the discussion and coverup the fact that for Trump it's always been about The Wall ... and it still is if he can get away with it.   

Thanks for the clarification Fox.  AND As I said, nice job.

I think we can agree there is indeed a major problem on the border.  We can agree to disagree on what we opine is the best solution.  My belief is that a wall from end to end WILL absolutely stop the infiltration of ILLEGAL border crossing that has plagued every administration since and including Reagan.  Stopping the illegal points of entry, and funneling immigrants through legal points of entry is what I (and I believe most others) want to see.

1 minute ago, Muda69 said:

And what happens if I delete it again?

So the person who once talked about being against censorship is now taunting folks with the idea of deleting posts?  Guess times do indeed change.

2 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

You have the privilege and the power. Go for it. It's what those in power do to the oppressed.

lol, the "oppressed" of the GID Out of Bounds club.   

Get over yourself.

1 minute ago, foxbat said:

So the person who once talked about being against censorship is now taunting folks with the idea of deleting posts?  Guess times do indeed change.

Taunting?  It was a simple question. 

BTW, there is a difference between government censorship and private censorship.

Edited by Muda69
  • Disdain 2

1 minute ago, Muda69 said:

Get over yourself.

From the "old Muda" perhaps a simple question ... not so much from the new.

3 minutes ago, foxbat said:

From the "old Muda" perhaps a simple question ... not so much from the new.

I don't understand this statement.

3 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

I'm not the one whose post you threatened to delete am I? Or have you deleted some in your absolute power frenzy that I don't know about?

Do you feel "oppressed" on the GID Out Of Bounds Club, gonzoron?

7 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Get over yourself.

BTW, there is a difference between government censorship and private censorship.

The "old Muda" didn't seem to believe so.

House Republican lays into Democrats' corruption probe of Trump: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-congress-republican/house-republican-lays-into-democrats-corruption-probe-of-trump-idUSKCN1QO2HZ

The top Republican on a U.S. House of Representatives oversight committee that is investigating President Donald Trump blasted the Democratic-led probe on Thursday as a “draconian inquisition” and an abuse of congressional power.

The House Judiciary Committee’s ranking Republican, Doug Collins, said the panel’s investigation into obstruction of justice, corruption and abuse of power under Trump surpasses the scope of legitimate legislative inquiry and violates the U.S. Constitution.

Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler launched the investigation on Monday by sending document requests to 81 government agencies, business entities and individuals associated with Trump, including his adult sons, Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump.

“Your requests are part of a concerted effort to target and punish associates of the president,” Collins wrote to Nadler in a March 7 letter released by the Republican’s office.

“This effort to intimidate those who choose to associate with the president ‘through actual or threatened imposition of government power or sanction’ violates the First Amendment.”

4 minutes ago, foxbat said:

The "old Muda" didn't seem to believe so.

Then you didn't know the "old Muda" as well as you thought you did.

Do you as a private citizen and property owner have the right to censor an individual who say, walks into your front yard with a sign that says "God's Dead!" and marches back and forth for an hour?

What if the same individual does this on the lawn of the Tippecanoe County Courthouse?

Edited by Muda69
  • Disdain 1