Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Indiana Game of the Year (Part 1)

Week 3 boasts the first of what most would consider the first of two “games of the year” in Indiana high school football so I thought I’d get the discussion started.

Probably not a game statewide this season that will feature more next level talent on the field at the same time as when Center Grove travels to Carmel this Friday night.

Both teams 2-0 as CG has easily disposed of Warren and Decatur Central, whereas Carmel boasts two out of state wins in high octane fashion.

This matchup was much hyped last year but CG throttled the Hounds 42-0. 

Hard to pick against CG for this guy as the argument could be made they are BETTER than last year’s title team and are more complete on both sides of the ball.

Taking nothing away from Carmel as they’ve downed two great opponents but have needed 40+ on both occasions.

Gimme CG 30-17.

Edited by temptation

53 minutes ago, temptation said:

Week 3 boasts the first of what most would consider the first of two “games of the year” in Indiana high school football so I thought I’d get the discussion started.

Probably not a game statewide this season that will feature more next level talent on the field at the same time as when Center Grove travels to Carmel this Friday night.

Both teams 2-0 as CG has easily disposed of Warren and Decatur Central, whereas Carmel boasts two out of state wins in high octane fashion.

This matchup was much hyped last year but CG throttled the Hounds 42-0. 

Hard to pick against CG for this guy as the argument could be made they are BETTER than last year’s title team and are more complete on both sides of the ball.

Taking nothing away from Carmel as they’ve downed two great opponents but have needed 40+ on both occasions.

Gimme CG 30-17.

How can CG compete with a school that has 2k more students? I feel horrible for CG having to play this game. 

9 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

How can CG compete with a school that has 2k more students? I feel horrible for CG having to play this game. 

You’re trying too hard.  Don’t try to charge me for the rent I own in your little head.

Got a prediction about the game or are you going to continue this game of middle school tag?

Edited by temptation
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, temptation said:

You’re trying too hard.  Don’t try to charge me for the rent I own in your little head.

Got a prediction about the game or are you going to continue this game of middle school tag?

You couldn’t afford it anyways, so no reason to even attempt to acquire money from someone like you 😂. I forgot we only pick and choose which public schools are being victimized.. carry on. 

18 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

They can't compete. Each school has 100% of the students getting free lunch.

I was always told to be nice to the less fortunate, I need to be much nicer to Temp. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, temptation said:

Pretty close to my score prediction.  Seems we agree more than you think.

Thanks for your contributions to the thread topic.

I’m just giving you a hard time no matter how much I disagree with you… But I do think CG runs the table outside of maybe Cathedral later on in the year. 

Carmel needed a literal Hail Mary to beat an inner-city Detroit Public with 1500 students where 67% are on a free or reduced lunch program. Center Grove in theory has a punchers chance in this game Friday night. Somebody out there give me Tim Bless’ thoughts on this game? Is it safe to play? 

As far as the game goes, give me Center Grove and their 2500 students and higher free and reduced lunch program in a big upset. 31-13 Trojans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Carmel needed a literal Hail Mary to beat an inner-city Detroit Public with 1500 students where 67% are on a free or reduced lunch program. Center Grove in theory has a punchers chance in this game Friday night. Somebody out there give me Tim Bless’ thoughts on this game? Is it safe to play? 

As far as the game goes, give me Center Grove and their 2500 students and higher free and reduced lunch program in a big upset. 31-13 Trojans.

Carmel has the higher free lunches. Carmel by 2.

https://edsource.org/2021/usda-extends-free-meals-through-next-school-year/653335#:~:text=April 20%2C 2021-,7 Comments,year%2C USDA officials announced Tuesday.

• Haha 1

On 8/29/2021 at 1:44 PM, Footballking16 said:

You should look up four-time Michigan champion Detroit King.

4 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Looks like I pulled some old numbers. King is up to 79% free and reduced lunch and only has 1189 students (not 1500).

Carmel truly did avoid one of the biggest upsets in recent memory. 

Detroit King is as “public” as Cathedral.  In fact, they probably have more future D1 prospects than Cathedral.

A football factory factory first and foremost.

Keep trying though.  It’s cute.

Edited by temptation

8 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Looks like I pulled some old numbers. King is up to 79% free and reduced lunch and only has 1189 students (not 1500).

Carmel truly did avoid one of the biggest upsets in recent memory. 

Detroit King is a four-time State Champ (last time in 2018) and played in the title game in 2019. Sounds like they have a stellar athletic program. I'm not saying that Carmel should not have been the favorite, but this idea you seem to be implicating that...

1) Inner city schools are somehow deficient at athletics or...

2) That King is somehow a bad athletic program...

is ridiculous.

20 minutes ago, temptation said:

Detroit King is as “public” as Cathedral.  In fact, they probably have more future D1 prospects than Cathedral.

A football factory factory first and foremost.

Keep trying though.  It’s cute.

Lol.

It's run by the DPS which is the equivalent to IPS. It's strictly a public school zoned to some of the most impoverished areas of Detroit. The school literally almost closed a handful of years ago. You have no clue what you're talking about.

20 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Detroit King is a four-time State Champ (last time in 2018) and played in the title game in 2019. Sounds like they have a stellar athletic program. I'm not saying that Carmel should not have been the favorite, but this idea you seem to be implicating that...

1) Inner city schools are somehow deficient at athletics or...

2) That King is somehow a bad athletic program...

is ridiculous.

I'm being a smartass.

According to Temptation, schools who have astronomically high f/r lunch programs can't/aren't expected to be good at athletics unless they have a mega-school enrollment. It's the only thing he's been talking about these last 6 months.

An inner-city public school (like Detroit King) blows that narrative out of the water in both instances. That's why I'm being "cute" according to Temptation. 

Edited by Footballking16

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

Lol.

It's run by the DPS which is the equivalent to IPS. It's strictly a public school zoned to some of the most impoverished areas of Detroit. The school literally almost closed a handful of years ago. You have no clue what you're talking about.

Correct and all of the football athletes are funneled into King.  550 boys in the school and over a half dozen football D1 guys?  Come on dude.  Get your head out of the sand.

16 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

So what are you REALLY saying? 

King has been a state champion within the last three seasons and played in a state championship game in 2019. 

You're not listening at all what I'm saying. I'm being a smartass. King is a good football program despite having a low enrollment and vastly high f/r lunch program, something Temptation has said isn't feasible under those conditions. 

3 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I'm being a smartass.

According to Temptation, schools who have astronomically high f/r lunch programs can't/aren't expected to be good at athletics unless they have a mega-school enrollment. It's the only thing he's been talking about these last 6 months.

An inner-city public school (like Detroit King) blows that narrative out of the water in both instances. That's why I'm being "cute" according to Temptation. 

Gotcha. Sorry. It flew over my head.

Just now, Footballking16 said:

You're not listening at all what I'm saying. I'm being a smartass. King is a good football program despite having a low enrollment and vastly high f/r lunch program, something Temptation has said isn't feasible under those conditions. 

I withdrew my comment. My apologies.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, temptation said:

Correct and all of the football athletes are funneled into King.  550 boys in the school and over a half dozen football D1 guys?  Come on dude.  Get your head out of the sand.

You're thinking of Cass Technical, who also has a great athletic program that is more than twice the size of King. Keep digging. 

8 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

You're thinking of Cass Technical, who also has a great athletic program that is more than twice the size of King. Keep digging. 

I know all about Cass Tech too.  You gimme another "public" school in America that boasts 1000 students and has 6-8 D1 prospects on the roster.  Don't be so blind.