Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Memes - Abandon all hope - Ye who enter....

swordfish

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TrojanDad said:

D4C1CEE1-7214-4EF7-AB74-92019F48699B.jpeg

While I understand the meaning behind Veteran's Day,  in today's America or the America of the last say 60 years,  the statement "the other died for your freedom"  frankly doesn't hold water.  What military event since WW2 has been even a remotely serious threat to American sovereignty and "my freedom"?    I say zero, and most it not all the recent military adventurism in the Middle East has been to protect oil or drug interests.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

While I understand the meaning behind Veteran's Day,  in today's America or the America of the last say 60 years,  the statement "the other died for your freedom"  frankly doesn't hold water.  What military event since WW2 has been even a remotely serious threat to American sovereignty and "my freedom"?    I say zero, and most it not all the recent military adventurism in the Middle East has been to protect oil or drug interests.

IYHO.  Not IMHO......

IMHO - The Taliban, ISIS, if allowed to grow would have been over here on our shores.........

• Kill me now 1

12 minutes ago, swordfish said:

IYHO.  Not IMHO......

IMHO - The Taliban, ISIS, if allowed to grow would have been over here on our shores.........

Yet they are still most likely "here on our shores" today, regardless of the American lives lost of the last 20 years.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

Didn’t the USA fund and train the Taliban?

When they were still mujadeen. Taliban formed to stop mujhadeen fighting each other after USSR pulled out of Afghanistan. US involvement in Iraq allowed formation of ISIS.

12 hours ago, Howe said:

Old Weapons of Mass Destruction himself lied to Congress multiple times. 

Image result for mueller weapons of mass destruction meme

You have not answered this when it has been posed in the past. In a hypothetical scenario, let’s say police are investigating a murder. There are a few prime suspects being investigated. In the course of that investigation, police find evidence and details about other crimes those suspects have. Just as an example, one suspect has drugs in his home, another has guns that he is not allowed to have. Should those crimes be ignored because they do not connect to the intent of the original investigation?