Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Game of the Decade - Cathedral v Center Grove

33 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Cathedral hosted CG at Tech high school the last 2 times Cathedral was the home team in 2017 & 2019.  Cathedral played on the field that was to their advantage. CG this season is the faster team. You saw what Wheat did in quagmire. Now put him, the DL and others on turf. I understand what Cathedral did…don’t blame them. Just accept it and move on. Good plan, it didn’t work. 

Yes Cathedral hosted CG at Tech in 2017 and 2019 (Arlington wasn't a choice then). They also hosted CG at Arlington in 1992 and at CG in 2015. Like I stated all Cathedrals games have been at Arlington in 2020 and 2021 had nothing to do with speed of teams. It is where they paid rent and paid to upkeep the field. Besides what would be advantageous of playing a team that has a history as being a Wing T team on a muddy field when your best offense is your passing game. I don't get where that is hard to understand other than trying to make something out of nothing. Both teams CG and Cathedral have had plenty of speed the last 2 years and aren't lacking in that department. To feel Cathedral doesn't have speed (especially defensively) is completely ignorant. The muddy conditions played just as much against Cathedral's offense as it did Center Grove's. I actually felt coming into the game it was more advantageous to CG playing on Natural grass because CG's base offense is a Wing T offense. Something they all ran in Bantam and middle school.

Edited by FastpacedO

36 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Cathedral hosted CG at Tech high school the last 2 times Cathedral was the home team in 2017 & 2019.  Cathedral played on the field that was to their advantage. CG this season is the faster team. You saw what Wheat did in quagmire. Now put him, the DL and others on turf. I understand what Cathedral did…don’t blame them. Just accept it and move on. Good plan, it didn’t work. 

Cathedral for the last two years has once again adopted Arlington as its “home field” now that it is no longer used by Arlington High School. Cathedral completely redid the field out of their own pocket. Stop acting like Cathedral saw Center Grove on the schedule, threw a dart that landed on Arlington, and decided to play the game there because it’s a natural surface. Every home game the last two years have been at Arlington and will be going forward rain, sleet, shine. 

Don’t like the facility? Stay at home. Nobody at Cathedral gives a rats ass where you think they should and shouldn’t play their home games. If Center Grove has an issue playing at Arlington going forward, drop Cathedral from the schedule. It’s as simple as that.

Edited by Footballking16

6 hours ago, Irishman said:

This is getting heated for no reason…..watch the name calling. 
The discussion of the field has been drug through the mud long enough. It’s Cathedral’s home field, plain and simple. Talk about the game now….PLEASE. 

On that note. I disagree with the notion that it was merely a difference of a couple big plays for CG. Their o line took over the 2nd half. Cathedral had chances to keep it a game, but mistakes hurt. Too many dropped passes. 
My initial impression is that CG let the conditions play with their head the first half. Maybe the parents were talking enough about it as people on here have been? But props to Coach Moore. Whatever adjustments they made, they were able to establish the run the 2nd half. Solid and sustained drives lead to the big plays referred to earlier. No question these two are the hands down favorites to win State in their classes. Best of luck to both teams going forward. 

Agreed! I won't call you out on OC (original coach) status since I know you have been around the block with a few teams. I would bet you coached at Arlington at one time though ( even though some newer folks don't understand the history of Cathedral playing at Arlington). I think you are aware from your days at CHS and CRHS. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Cathedral for the last two years has once again adopted Arlington as its “home field” now that it is no longer used by Arlington High School. Cathedral completely redid the field out of their own pocket. Stop acting like Cathedral saw Center Grove on the schedule, threw a dart that landed on Arlington, and decided to play the game there because it’s a natural surface. Every home game the last two years have been at Arlington and will be going forward rain, sleet, shine. 

Don’t like the facility? Stay at home. Nobody at Cathedral gives a rats ass where you think they should and shouldn’t play their home games. If Center Grove has an issue playing at Arlington going forward, drop Cathedral from the schedule. It’s as simple as that.

Lol!!!  I could care less if CG and Cathedral play in the future or not.  As I’ve said to others, I have zero dogs in this fight.  I’ll leave that to the admins. But there must be a reason why excellent programs in the state stop playing Cathedral.

I do think it was a bit of gamesmanship on the Irish’s part. Sorry that triggers you. And YOU must give a rats butt, because you can’t stop yourself from getting agitated and spouting. 

Games over man, go have a beverage and chill. Lots of good football still left this weekend!!

23 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Lol!!!  I could care less if CG and Cathedral play in the future or not.  As I’ve said to others, I have zero dogs in this fight.  I’ll leave that to the admins. But there must be a reason why excellent programs in the state stop playing Cathedral.

Lol, who has stopped playing Cathedral? Roncalli? Yeah I would too if I lost ten in a row? Carmel after getting run on their home field last year? What does any of that have to do with the playing surface?

40 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

If Center Grove has an issue playing at Arlington going forward, drop Cathedral from the schedule. It’s as simple as that.

Wouldn't surprise me if the series ends but the field won't have anything to do with it.

27 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Lol, who has stopped playing Cathedral? Roncalli? Yeah I would too if I lost ten in a row? Carmel after getting run on their home field last year? What does any of that have to do with the playing surface?

Don’t have to go very far back in history to see what could have been solid series  with local quality HS programs with Cathedral not last. Carmel, Ben Davis, Warren Central, Fishers, HSE, etc. Most of those programs more than held their own against the Irish. Why did they end?  No clue…but they didn’t last. 

Nice poke at Carmel btw. 

27 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Don’t have to go very far back in history to see what could have been solid series  with local quality HS programs with Cathedral not last. Carmel, Ben Davis, Warren Central, Fishers, HSE, etc. Most of those programs more than held their own against the Irish. Why did they end?  No clue…but they didn’t last. 

Nice poke at Carmel btw. 

Not a single one of those games were played at Arlington. Hell Cathedral played Fishers on a baseball diamond.

Troll harder.

37 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Not a single one of those games were played at Arlington. Hell Cathedral played Fishers on a baseball diamond.

Troll harder.

No one said a word about the games being played anywhere. The fact remains the same…local quality HS programs that no longer continue series with Cathedral. You scoffed and belittled Carmel and Roncalli. The list is larger than your 2 examples  

Trigger less….