Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The SIAC Thread

3 hours ago, tango said:

Can only speak for myself, but here was my "ballot" for that one: 1. Mater Dei 2. Memorial 3. Jasper 4. Gibson Southern 5. Castle 6. Heritage Hills 7. Reitz 8. Boonville 9. North 10. Mount Vernon. Also need to remember there were five voters on this one so it can skew a couple spots. 

• Like 4

Week 1 Observations

- Did not see the Alices blanking out Bosse 40-0. Sounds like VL was rolling on all cylinders tonight.

-Mater Dei went into the Bear Den and took an convincing 35-0 win over Central. 

- Let the Panthers roar over the Warriors as they were on fire against Harrison. The Panthers get a nice 39-8 win in the Bowl.

- How about them Knights? Fended off a very nice Husky comeback to beat North 28-21. There are some players on both sides on the ball.

- A score that raised lots of eyebrows, Jasper rolling over Memorial 34-10. While the Tigers were out a few key pieces, Jasper looked mighty, mighty solid. Will be interesting if they meet again in the sectional.

Power Rankings will drop on Monday.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Week 1 Finals

40-0 VL over Bosse

35-0 Mater Dei over Central

39-8 Reitz over Harrison 

28-21 Castle over North

34-10 Jasper over Memorial 👀

Good win for the Alice’s. Hopefully they can keep that momentum going and have a good game next week against Reitz. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Week 1 Finals

40-0 VL over Bosse

35-0 Mater Dei over Central

39-8 Reitz over Harrison 

28-21 Castle over North

34-10 Jasper over Memorial 👀

Not overly surprised by any of these..

-Jasper seems to have established a very high floor under Coach Lewis despite graduation losses..coupled with Memorial's missing starters and you see the result. I'm sure the Tigers will be in full force down the stretch (just in time for their Week 8 trip to Inman...yay!)

-Castle/North was a close one as predicted

-MD and Reitz roll as expected

-VL shutting out Bosse may be a bit of surprise to some...but I would've been shocked if Lincoln didn't win by more than a couple scores. They've got some work left to do offensively (2nd quarter was pretty bad tonight), but it was more than enough to support a defense that looks better than a year ago.

5 minutes ago, SEAL_63 said:

Not overly surprised by any of these..

-Jasper seems to have established a very high floor under Coach Lewis despite graduation losses..coupled with Memorial's missing starters and you see the result. I'm sure the Tigers will be in full force down the stretch (just in time for their Week 8 trip to Inman...yay!)

-Castle/North was a close one as predicted

-MD and Reitz roll as expected

-VL shutting out Bosse may be a bit of surprise to some...but I would've been shocked if Lincoln didn't win by more than a couple scores. They've got some work left to do offensively (2nd quarter was pretty bad tonight), but it was more than enough to support a defense that looks better than a year ago.

Might take a look at the VL/Bosse game if they still live stream the games. Did Hunt have an incredible game?

12 minutes ago, combthehair said:

Good win for the Alice’s. Hopefully they can keep that momentum going and have a good game next week against Reitz. 

I'm just ready for rivalry week! It's not been kind to us the last two seasons! Nice win for the Cats tonight!

Edited by SEAL_63
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SEAL_63 said:

I'm just ready for rivalry week! It's not been kind to us the last two seasons! 

That game is so much fun! As a player, I loved playing against the Alice’s at Vincennes. That stadium was always rocking and having to come out from under the Vincennes stands while y’all booed us was awesome. 

Not so awesome, having Brewer yell at us for how embarrassed he was by our performance and then punching a hole in his hat. 😆 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Might take a look at the VL/Bosse game if they still live stream the games. Did Hunt have an incredible game?

Probably what you would expect from a kid making his 3rd varsity start (would be more if not for injury). Threw for 2 TDs, but the offense really got going with the run game and Jackson Johnson in the 2nd half.

Just now, SEAL_63 said:

Probably what you would expect from a kid making his 3rd varsity start (would be more if not for injury). Threw for 2 TDs, but the offense really got going with the run game and Jackson Johnson in the 2nd half.

I was about to say, Jackson is going to be great for the Alices this year 

22 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Week 1 Observations

- Did not see the Alices blanking out Bosse 40-0. Sounds like VL was rolling on all cylinders tonight.

-Mater Dei went into the Bear Den and took an convincing 35-0 win over Central. 

- Let the Panthers roar over the Warriors as they were on fire against Harrison. The Panthers get a nice 39-8 win in the Bowl.

- How about them Knights? Fended off a very nice Husky comeback to beat North 28-21. There are some players on both sides on the ball.

- A score that raised lots of eyebrows, Jasper rolling over Memorial 34-10. While the Tigers were out a few key pieces, Jasper looked mighty, mighty solid. Will be interesting if they meet again in the sectional.

Power Rankings will drop on Monday.

What key positions was Memorial missing tonight and when do they expect to be at full strength?

9 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

John Harrell’s opening lines:

Central (-4) at Bosse

Harrison at Jasper (-24)

Memorial (-10) at North

Reitz (-14) at Lincoln 

Castle (-3) at Mater Dei

I’m surprised that central isn’t favored by more and that the MD v Castle line isn’t flipped. 

6 minutes ago, combthehair said:

What key positions was Memorial missing tonight and when do they expect to be at full strength?

Majority of the DLine, #1 OL, #1 Wr, and a nice RB, that’s from top of my head. Sounds like everyone will potentially be back for before Week 4. But we shall see after tonight.

Edited by TigerFan20
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Majority of the DLine, #1 OL, #1 Wr, and a nice RB, that’s from top of my head. Sounds like everyone will potentially be back for before Week 4. But we shall see after tonight.

Wow. That’s rough!!! If we meet up in sectional it’s going to be a completely different ball game. 

1 minute ago, combthehair said:

Wow. That’s rough!!! If we meet up in sectional it’s going to be a completely different ball game. 

I think the game would have been different if everyone was healthy, would be a much closer game. However, that Young to Blair connection is going to be deadly on defenses this year. Also, that RB reminded of Dawkins too, since from my view, he kept trucking over people.

28 minutes ago, combthehair said:

It was weird listening to the Jasper Memorial game without Walt Ferber calling the action on the radio. That man did that longer than I’ve been alive. But, the new guy was top notch. 

I missed hearing the broadcast that always sounded like coverage of the Springfield Isotopes. Dohhh!