Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The SIAC Thread

17 minutes ago, Spitting Llamas said:

Wow! That's a tough move. Senior, returning starter moved for a sophomore who, according to Screagle, isn't fully committed to the Tigers football team. Looking hard for something to shake things up. 

True.

But I’m not really sure what he means by Fisher being not fully committed to the team. A lot of kids play other sports that run into the summer - especially these days.  Connor Agler always missed OTAs for basketball.

Edited by MHSTigerFan

6 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

True.

But I’m not really sure what he means by Fisher being not fully committed to the team. A lot of kids play other sports that run into the summer - especially these days.  Connor Agler always missed OTAs for basketball.

I know nothing about this situation. But, I hate the “you have to be specifically committed to one sport” mindset. It's best for kids to play as many sports as they want and not be forced to choose one during off seasons. 

If I'm a football coach and a kid is going to miss some summer work to go to wrestling camp, I'm glad he is doing something. It's still going to help his football. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, combthehair said:

I know nothing about this situation. But, I hate the “you have to be specifically committed to one sport” mindset. It's best for kids to play as many sports as they want and not be forced to choose one during off seasons. 

If I'm a football coach and a kid is going to miss some summer work to go to wrestling camp, I'm glad he is doing something. It's still going to help his football. 

I know for a fact that is Coach Hurley’s attitude about it.  And I agree, it should be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, combthehair said:

I’m all for multiple sports.  I’m not a fan of 60 summer baseball games and missing important football activities as the season approaches. JMO.  I love multiple sport athletes. Memorial counts on multiple sport athletes across the board. I just prefer the ones that understand when it’s time to move into the next season and fully commit to that season. Especially during late summer workouts. Again. JMO. 

Edited by Screagle

If Memorial doesn’t botch late 2nd Q punt return and the wide open WR doesn’t let an easy one go through the hands its a 7-7 or 14-7 game late. Maybe getting a few kids back week 3 will get Memorial heading in the right direction. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

@combthehair How long do you think Jasper will be out with Young/Blair? Big 2 games coming up

I'm not sure but I'll try to find out. I'm so far removed from the program anymore due to moving. I hope they will be back next week. 

40 minutes ago, Screagle said:

I’m all for multiple sports.  I’m not a fan of 60 summer baseball games and missing important football activities as the season approaches. JMO.  I love multiple sport athletes. Memorial counts on multiple sport athletes across the board. I just prefer the ones that understand when it’s time to move into the next season and fully commit to that season. Especially during late summer workouts. Again. JMO. 

That's a very good point that I hadn't considered. One sport can dominate a kid's entire year if they want it to. 

13 minutes ago, Spitting Llamas said:

I think I could rank 1and 10 but in between is a mess. I guess Reitz has to be 2 but I don't believe they are the second best team in the conference 

VL did expose some stuff during their game from what I have looked at. Planning on watching the full game

27 minutes ago, Spitting Llamas said:

I think I could rank 1and 10 but in between is a mess. I guess Reitz has to be 2 but I don't believe they are the second best team in the conference 

It's MD and then everyone else . I just tried to do my own rankings and kept arguing with myself. And that's with taking my black and gold colored glasses off. 

Edited by combthehair

41 minutes ago, combthehair said:

It's MD and then everyone else . I just tried to do my own rankings and kept arguing with myself. And that's with taking my black and gold colored glasses off. 

If MD is 1 then how is anyone but Castle 2? They lost by 3 on a late drive.  

5 minutes ago, AW0352 said:

Agreed.    If Reitz keeps winning then Reitz and Castle will be the next challenge.  

I’ve been treating some these head to head matchups as decision games/eye test, since it is a lot easier to choose from

Edited by TigerFan20

3 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

VL did expose some stuff during their game from what I have looked at. Planning on watching the full game

Not sure they’ve necessarily been exposed yet, except for being undisciplined with the penalties I guess. I was told they had some linebackers out to start the game and then lost 3 more starters during the game. Think it was their big nose, middle linebacker, and corner. Now if their run defense is truly their weakness, then you could say they got exposed but it appeared on the broadcast and from reports that VL just took advantage of an ailing defense and ran the ball with their talented QB. I believe Reitz has Jasper and then North coming up so those games could be very telling. Although I wonder if they will have their injured players back. But personally I’d still have Reitz ranked maybe 4th or 5th until after they play Jasper though.

56 minutes ago, Spitting Llamas said:

You legitimately think Memorial is the 9th best team in the SIAC?

Nope!! But I don't think Jasper is as low as I have them either. But memorial hasn't seen the endzone and Jaspers only win is against memorial. I expect this to completely change in a few weeks. 

34 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

The "Infamous" Week 2 power rankings 

1. Mater Dei 

2. Castle 

3. Reitz 

4. North 

5. Jasper 

6. VL 

7. Memorial 

8. Harrison 

9. Bosse 

10. Central

Let the fun conversations begin!

This is a tough one. 1 is obvious. 2 and 3 are close right now. That will be a must-see game. I think 10 is correct. Everything else is a big question mark.

I'd probably put VL at 4 and slide North and Jasper both down a spot.