Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The SIAC Thread

On 8/21/2022 at 7:03 PM, TigerFan20 said:

Heard Rode’s appeal hearing is this week before the game, will be interesting how that goes.

Just to clear up any confusion... There will not be a hearing. The parties (the family and the IHSAA) have filed briefs (overly simplistic description but it suffices) and the judge is expected to make a decision in the next two days as to whether this young man has limited eligibility until Oct. 29 or full eligibility beginning this Friday night. 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2022 at 6:23 PM, Titan_Glory said:

From what I've heard yes. I guess inspiring Ray Lewis videos don't get you ready for games....

We’ll that’s the problem right there. I like me a good ol Ray Lewis speech as much as the next person, but if you truly want to be inspired you need to listen to an Al Bundy speech. One of those will make you feel like you’re Rudy all game long.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2022 at 2:40 PM, tango said:

Just to clear up any confusion... There will not be a hearing. The parties (the family and the IHSAA) have filed briefs (overly simplistic description but it suffices) and the judge is expected to make a decision in the next two days as to whether this young man has limited eligibility until Oct. 29 or full eligibility beginning this Friday night. 

Sounds like no decision has been made yet

Thoughts:

Alices did way better than what I expected, played very strong against an athletic Reitz team. Reitz looked very good too, and edged a last second victory over VL, 31-28.

Don’t know much about this game, but I’m sorry that I doubted the Dawgs. Bosse took a nice 26-13 win over Central

Harrison beat Jasper? You are reading that correctly, the Warriors made a very big upset tonight with their D-Line causing havoc on Jasper’s O. Asher Horn seals the game with a late TD, 20-15

North came up top over Memorial, in somewhat a pretty close game for 4 Quarters. North dominated the running game under RB St. Louis. Nice win for Huskies, 14-0. Memorial’s D looked much better, but lots of questions arise on the Offense.

I expected a slugfest and we got a slugfest with Mater Dei being Castle in a Classic. Seemed like the game went back and forth for Castle and Mater Dei. Came to the final minute of the game for Mater Dei to seal the deal at 17-14. 

9 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Thoughts:

Alices did way better than what I expected, played very strong against an athletic Reitz team. Reitz looked very good too, and edged a last second victory over VL, 31-28.

Don’t know much about this game, but I’m sorry that I doubted the Dawgs. Bosse took a nice 26-13 win over Central

Harrison beat Jasper? You are reading that correctly, the Warriors made a very big upset tonight with their D-Line causing havoc on Jasper’s O. Asher Horn seals the game with a late TD, 20-15

North came up top over Memorial, in somewhat a pretty close game for 4 Quarters. North dominated the running game under RB St. Louis. Nice win for Huskies, 14-0. Memorial’s D looked much better, but lots of questions arise on the Offense.

I expected a slugfest and we got a slugfest with Mater Dei being Castle in a Classic. Seemed like the game went back and forth for Castle and Mater Dei. Came to the final minute of the game for Mater Dei to seal the deal at 17-14. 

What a crazy Friday in the SIAC. I expect next week to show us some things. 
Is Reitz going to take Jasper to the woodshed?
Can VL have another great week and keep it close against MD?
Can Memorial turn it around against Central? 

Can Harrison do it again against North?

It's gonna be fun. 

Edited by combthehair

5 hours ago, MHSTigerFan said:

I've now confirmed that.  He's still sitting out tonight.  Will be eligible starting with next week's game against Central.

No. You are getting bad info. The judge has not made a decision yet. Cool your jets...

9 hours ago, combthehair said:

Congrats on the win tonight Harrison. You caused our offense all kinds of problems. 

Do Harrison just give the rest of the SIAC a blueprint on how to beat Jasper this year?   I wasn’t there but heard they just loaded the box.  

15 minutes ago, AW0352 said:

Do Harrison just give the rest of the SIAC a blueprint on how to beat Jasper this year?   I wasn’t there but heard they just loaded the box.  

I wasn’t there either and I heard the same thing.  But…

- Backup QB

- 5 fumbles

You’re not going to win too many games putting the ball on the ground 5 times.

1 hour ago, AW0352 said:

Back up QB was in and also their #1WR/DB was out too. And like in the previous posts 5 fumbles won’t win a game 

Edited by TigerFan20

On 8/21/2022 at 11:01 AM, Screagle said:

Fisher is not the answer. Getting healthy is the answer. I don’t see this team getting healthy until mid season. Fisher would be my 4th choice. I’m not interested in seeing a kid not fully committed to the team take over at QB. 

The talk at practice today is that Caleb Ellspermann will be moved to WR and Fisher is QB1.

26 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

The talk at practice today is that Caleb Ellspermann will be moved to WR and Fisher is QB1.

Wow! That's a tough move. Senior, returning starter moved for a sophomore who, according to Screagle, isn't fully committed to the Tigers football team. Looking hard for something to shake things up.