Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Time for the "Rubber to Hit the Road"....

Yuccaguy

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Lovie Smith is the new head coach of the Houston Texans.

RE-TREAD!   

Why isn't Eric Bienemy a Head Coach?  

Oh lawdy, lawdy....  There are 2 African-American Head Coaches in the NFL now.  🤨

And a guy who says he's "multi-racial" in Miami.  I say, welcome to the club;  Almost EVERYBODY in the Americas is "multi-racial" if they dig deep enough.  Nice try, Stephen Ross.  

20 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

RE-TREAD!   

Oh lawdy, lawdy....  There are 2 African-American Head Coaches in the NFL now.  🤨

And a guy who says he's "multi-racial" in Miami.  I say, welcome to the club;  Almost EVERYBODY in the Americas is "multi-racial" if they dig deep enough.  Nice try, Stephen Ross.  

Third time in 36 hours…

”Don’t let facts get in the way of a good story.”

Bienemy has baggage.  Stop being so obtuse.  A simple google search will let you know all you need to know.  It’s not that hard.

Guess Lovie wasn’t enough “rubber” huh?

Edited by temptation
  • Kill me now 1

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

Third time in 36 hours…

”Don’t let facts get in the way of a good story.”

Bienemy has baggage.  Stop being so obtuse.  A simple google search will let you know all you need to know.  It’s not that hard.

Guess Lovie wasn’t enough “rubber” huh?

I honestly DON'T care what YOU think....  Just responding because I opened up your post.

Nice work there; Peter Griffin   Obtuse

Here's your $ .25 for the correct usage of that term....  And NO it's not!  It's a band aid on a larger problem.  

Apparently that "baggage" is good enough for him to be an OC, but not good enough to allow him an opportunity to be an HC.  Black people and minorities have heard that old song all the time....  Guess it's ok for some to have "juvenile indiscretions" well through their 20's.  But others aren't afforded the same after they reach puberty (or 10 years old)....It's a life-time sentence and stigma.  

25 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

I honestly DON'T care what YOU think....  Just responding because I opened up your post.

Nice work there; Peter Griffin   Obtuse

Here's your $ .25 for the correct usage of that term....  And NO it's not!  It's a band aid on a larger problem.  

Apparently that "baggage" is good enough for him to be an OC, but not good enough to allow him an opportunity to be an HC.  Black people and minorities have heard that old song all the time....  Guess it's ok for some to have "juvenile indiscretions" well through their 20's.  But others aren't afforded the same after they reach puberty (or 10 years old)....It's a life-time sentence and stigma.  

Lemme know when you sit in on an NFL coaching interview…otherwise you are just spouting nonsense based on your emotions.

Those same minorities have become rich playing a game and also get second/third chances in life because they are talented…the general population doesn’t.  Look at the rap sheets on guys like Tyreek Hill and Kareem Hunt.  You or I would be shit canned instantaneously with their track record…we also don’t run a 4.3.

Yes, OBTUSE.  It’s a two way street whether you want to admit it or not.  

• Sit and spin 1

The Texans owner knows he has a total shit show on the field. He desperately needed something positive. He is a moron when it comes to this team. He can now boast "look at me, I hired a black coach".......and wants us to stop thinking "Look at him, he fired a black coach with a shit roster after just one season". 
No chance Lovie is successful there with that owner involved. In just a few short years, they took a roster that was in the hunt for division titles, and unloaded not only great players, but great locker room guys in Watt and Hopkins. I am sure there are others. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Irishman said:

The Texans owner knows he has a total shit show on the field. He desperately needed something positive. He is a moron when it comes to this team. He can now boast "look at me, I hired a black coach".......and wants us to stop thinking "Look at him, he fired a black coach with a shit roster after just one season". 
No chance Lovie is successful there with that owner involved. In just a few short years, they took a roster that was in the hunt for division titles, and unloaded not only great players, but great locker room guys in Watt and Hopkins. I am sure there are others. 

I guess I just don’t see how skin color seems to mean everything to some people.  Some seem obsessed with it.

Lovie coached in a Super Bowl and has a winning percentage of over .500 for his career.  Pretty insulting for you to just assume he is a quota hire.

I swear some of your pretend you are in these front offices.  Throwing out some true Hail Marys here.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, temptation said:

I guess I just don’t see how skin color seems to mean everything to some people.  Some seem obsessed with it.

Lovie coached in a Super Bowl and has a winning percentage of over .500 for his career.  Pretty insulting for you to just assume he is a quota hire.

I swear some of your pretend you are in these front offices.  Throwing out some true Hail Marys here.

and look at you ignoring the fact he fired a black coach with a depleted roster after one year. lol

And yeah, I am skeptical......no chance Lovie gets hired if Flores does not file his suit. Timing is everything and optics matter. 

• Like 1
  • Kill me now 1

4 minutes ago, Irishman said:

and look at you ignoring the fact he fired a black coach with a depleted roster after one year. lol

Conveniently avoided my player example, not surprised.  Doesn’t fit your narrative.

Gimme evidence was fired BECAUSE he was black instead of just trotting out the same lazy, one-liner narratives.

Until then, I’ll continue to trust owners to do what’s best for their franchises.

Edited by temptation
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, temptation said:

Gimme evidence was fired BECAUSE he was black instead of just trotting out the same lazy, one-liner narratives.

Until then, I’ll continue to trust owners to do what’s best for their franchises.

That is your standard???? seriously....lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Lemme know when you sit in on an NFL coaching interview…otherwise you are just spouting nonsense based on your emotions.

Those same minorities have become rich playing a game and also get second/third chances in life because they are talented…the general population doesn’t.  Look at the rap sheets on guys like Tyreek Hill and Kareem Hunt.  You or I would be shit canned instantaneously with their track record…we also don’t run a 4.3.

Yes, OBTUSE.  It’s a two way street whether you want to admit it or not.  

You are a trolling IDIOT!  

I am absolutely sorry that you feel anyone actually cares about your opinion on anything.  

It has NOTHING to do with the "hue" (no pun intended towards Mr. Jackson)...It has EVERYTHING to do with what's right/just and a move forward in pushing the league forward as well as being fair and honest.  

Why would anyone who is not of a certain demographic ever believe that they have any chance (7%) to further their dream(s) beyond that of a "coach on a staff". And THAT is relatively NEW to the equation.  You have no idea of how that (marginalized) feels being on the other side of the fence!  

Curt Flood sacrificed his life, career, and health for the belief that the reserve clause was tantamount to slavery on behalf of the MLB owners.  Yet not only is he NOT in the Hall of Fame, but those who used him as the stepping stone are: Marvin Miller.  And also the Free Agent clause is absolutely synonymous to Andy Messersmith and Dave McNally....not Curt Flood. 

Spare me with the racial innuendoes!  It is much more than that with what is happening in the NFL.  

Oh 2 more rap sheets recently:  Ben Roethlisberger and Brett Favre....  neither ran a 4.3 40 yard dash.....TROLL!!!  

Edited by Yuccaguy

28 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

I am absolutely sorry that you feel anyone actually cares about your opinion on anything.  

It has NOTHING to do with the "hue" (no pun intended towards Mr. Jackson)...It has EVERYTHING to do with what's right/just and a move forward in pushing the league forward as well as being fair and honest.  

Why would anyone who is not of a certain demographic ever believe that they have any chance (7%) to further their dream(s) beyond that of a "coach on a staff". And THAT is relatively NEW to the equation.  You have no idea of how that (marginalized) feels being on the other side of the fence!  

Curt Flood sacrificed his life, career, and health for the belief that the reserve clause was tantamount to slavery on behalf of the MLB owners.  Yet not only is he NOT in the Hall of Fame, but those who used him as the stepping stone are: Marvin Miller.  And also the Free Agent clause is absolutely synonymous to Andy Messersmith and Dave McNally....not Curt Flood. 

Spare me with the racial innuendoes!  It is much more than that with what is happening in the NFL.  

Oh 2 more rap sheets recently:  Ben Roethlisberger and Brett Favre....  neither ran a 4.3 40 yard dash.....TROLL!!!  

Still waiting for the proof that Bienemy (or any other candidate not hired for that matter) was not hired due to racial factors.

In the meantime, keep calling me names.  It actually opens the curtain on who you really are and even disproves your point that you care about this nonsense.

You just like to yell and get emotionally outraged without supporting facts.

Edited by temptation
  • Sit and spin 1

1 minute ago, temptation said:

Still waiting for the proof that Bienemy (or any other candidate not hired for that matter) was not hired due to racial factors.

In the meantime, keep calling me names.

No problem, asked an answered...TROLL

Ask Tony Dungy about his travails!  7% is my answer.  FACTS!!!   

4 minutes ago, temptation said:

Has Bienemy ever spoken out about not being hired?

**In my opinion:  These are "youthful indiscretions"  

The major issues happened BEFORE he was 25 years old.  When does the life-time ban stop? 

Why should/would he?  There's no need to speak out until the legal situation that Brian Flores has started, is adjudicated?  

Coach Bieniemy is the most obvious individual not having a HC position as of now...  I am sure that there are MANY who were just used to 'check off a box" for the Rooney Rule.  Hence the LAWSUIT! 

**Legal issues

As a player at Colorado, Bieniemy was arrested along with a teammate following a February 1988 bar fight.[12] He pleaded no contest to disorderly conduct and fighting in public, and was sentenced to community service.[12] He also received discipline from head coach Bill McCartney.[12]

In 1989, Bieniemy was ticketed in Westminster, Colorado for driving a defective vehicle, and in Aurora, Colorado for speeding. In October 1990, Bieniemy's license was suspended for a year after another traffic violation. On March 21, 1991, Bieniemy was caught speeding and driving with suspended license on I-70 near Rifle, Colorado, going 92 mph in a 65 mph zone. On April 17, 1991, Bieniemy failed to appear in court on charges relating to the March 21 incident. A bench warrant was issued in Colorado for his arrest on April 23, 1991, two days after he was drafted in the 1991 NFL Draft.[13]

On July 4, 1990, Bieniemy pleaded no contest to interfering with a firefighter who had been performing his duties to extinguish a fire in Bieniemy's mother's garage.[13] Bieniemy received an eight-month suspended sentence[14] and was suspended for one game.[15] Bieniemy was instructed to do 40 hours of community service and attend an eight-hour firefighting training session.[13] An assistant city attorney said Bieniemy failed to attend the firefighting training session as stipulated in the plea agreement, but Bieniemy asserted the session was optional.[13]

On September 27, 1993, Bieniemy was arrested in Boulder, Colorado, for allegedly harassing a female parking attendant. According to the police report, while with his friends, Bieniemy put his hand on the attendant's neck, startling her. She told police ,"[14] that Bieniemy and his friends took off their pants and began urinating nearby. Bieniemy was also named in an outstanding warrant on a charge of driving with a suspended license. As a result of this incident, Bieniemy was banned from the University of Colorado Boulder campus for one year.[7][16]

In April 2001, Bieniemy was arrested for driving under the influence and was docked a month's pay.[

Just now, Yuccaguy said:

**In my opinion:  These are "youthful indiscretions"  

The major issues happened BEFORE he was 25 years old.  When does the life-time ban stop? 

Why should/would he?  There's no need to speak out until the legal situation that Brian Flores has started, is adjudicated?  

Coach Bieniemy is the most obvious individual not having a HC position as of now...  I am sure that there are MANY who were just used to 'check off a box" for the Rooney Rule.  Hence the LAWSUIT! 

**Legal issues

As a player at Colorado, Bieniemy was arrested along with a teammate following a February 1988 bar fight.[12] He pleaded no contest to disorderly conduct and fighting in public, and was sentenced to community service.[12] He also received discipline from head coach Bill McCartney.[12]

In 1989, Bieniemy was ticketed in Westminster, Colorado for driving a defective vehicle, and in Aurora, Colorado for speeding. In October 1990, Bieniemy's license was suspended for a year after another traffic violation. On March 21, 1991, Bieniemy was caught speeding and driving with suspended license on I-70 near Rifle, Colorado, going 92 mph in a 65 mph zone. On April 17, 1991, Bieniemy failed to appear in court on charges relating to the March 21 incident. A bench warrant was issued in Colorado for his arrest on April 23, 1991, two days after he was drafted in the 1991 NFL Draft.[13]

On July 4, 1990, Bieniemy pleaded no contest to interfering with a firefighter who had been performing his duties to extinguish a fire in Bieniemy's mother's garage.[13] Bieniemy received an eight-month suspended sentence[14] and was suspended for one game.[15] Bieniemy was instructed to do 40 hours of community service and attend an eight-hour firefighting training session.[13] An assistant city attorney said Bieniemy failed to attend the firefighting training session as stipulated in the plea agreement, but Bieniemy asserted the session was optional.[13]

On September 27, 1993, Bieniemy was arrested in Boulder, Colorado, for allegedly harassing a female parking attendant. According to the police report, while with his friends, Bieniemy put his hand on the attendant's neck, startling her. She told police ,"[14] that Bieniemy and his friends took off their pants and began urinating nearby. Bieniemy was also named in an outstanding warrant on a charge of driving with a suspended license. As a result of this incident, Bieniemy was banned from the University of Colorado Boulder campus for one year.[7][16]

In April 2001, Bieniemy was arrested for driving under the influence and was docked a month's pay.[

I’ve heard rumors that Andy Reid is holding him back to be the heir apparent as Reid’s health continues to decline.

Can’t present it as fact but just another notion.

3 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

RE-TREAD!   

Thank The Matt Nagy experiment.

Just now, temptation said:

I’ve heard rumors that Andy Reid is holding him back to be the heir apparent as Reid’s health continues to decline.

Can’t present it as fact but just another notion.

So YOU now admit that YOU are in the NFL Coaching Room?   If you know, then you KNOW...But I am positive that you DON'T KNOW.  

1 hour ago, Yuccaguy said:

Hey. That’s an unwarranted shot at Roethlisberger. In his defense. He never ran a 4.3 10 yard dash either. 😂 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

So YOU now admit that YOU are in the NFL Coaching Room?   If you know, then you KNOW...But I am positive that you DON'T KNOW.  

Nope.  Just trotting another theory out there.  Mine are theories, you are attempting to present your narrative as a cold hard fact.

The only fact in this saga is that SOMETHING is holding Bienemy back from taking the next step in his career.  I’m still awaiting your proof it’s the melanin component of his skin.

The burden of proof is on you.

13 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

But both can/could throw a football a country mile.  Same effective thing in football as running 4.3 40 yard dash.

• Thanks 1

What Brian Flores’s Lawsuit Means: https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/what-brian-floress-lawsuit-means/

When you watch Brian Flores speak on television, he comes across staid and sober. When you read the text of his racial-discrimination lawsuit against the National Football League, you do not get the same impression.

Flores, the son of Honduran immigrants and a product of Brooklyn’s rough-and-tumble Brownsville neighborhood, was the head coach of the Miami Dolphins from 2019 through the end of the 2021 season. A black head coach in a league that has tried for decades to diversify its mostly white coaching ranks, Flores alleges his firing had “discriminatory undertones,” and claims he was subjected to two “sham” interviews—one by the New York Giants after his ouster from Miami, and the other by the Denver Broncos in 2019. He also accused Dolphins owner Stephen Ross of bribing him to lose games.

Flores’s legal team framed their client’s case as the latest chapter in the epochal struggle against white racism in America. Opening with a quote from Martin Luther King, Jr., the suit salutes the “brave leaders that fought so hard to help break down racial barriers” like “Harriet Tubman, Rosa Parks, Frederick Douglass, Jackie Robinson and Mamie Till.” It claims the NFL is “racially segregated” and is “managed much like a plantation.” The suit’s overwrought language distracts from the genuine mistreatment of Brian Flores, which has little to do with his race and more to do with league policies that distort the relationship between black coaching prospects and NFL ownership.

Football fans were shocked to see Flores get canned in Miami. Before he won the Dolphins head-coaching job in 2019, the team had suffered through a decade of mediocrity, limping variously to seven- and eight-win finishes peppered with the occasional ten-win campaign. After the 2018 season, Dolphins owner Stephen Ross and general manager Chris Greer decided to blow up the nucleus of talent that produced a decade of competitive, if middling, Miami teams, loading up on salary-cap space and draft picks in hopes of building a long-term winner.

The predictable result was a roster almost completely devoid of NFL-caliber talent. Overnight, wide receivers Jarvis Landry and Kenny Stills were gone, leaving DeVante Parker and a collection of has-beens and never-weres on the offensive perimeter; the running back room was so devastated by trades and cuts that Patrick Laird, who finished the 2019 season averaging less than three yards per carry, started four games for the team in 2019; the defense that had made Miami competitive for a decade, with elite pass-rushers like Cameron Wake and Olivier Vernon and blue-chip defensive backs like Reshad Jones, was populated with late-round rookies and plug-and-play journeymen. When Flores took over in 2019, the roster he inherited was among the worst in modern NFL history.

In spite of his inferior personnel, Flores managed to guide the team to victories in five of its last eight contests. After the 2019 season, Miami selected highly touted Alabama quarterback Tua Tagavailoa with the fifth-overall pick in the 2020 Draft. At his best, Tagovailoa is an accurate, quick-strike passer who plays the quarterback position like a point guard. At his worst, Tagovailoa is incapable of running a pro-style offense—he is uncomfortable taking snaps under center, forcing the team to truncate its playbook and shrink the universe of available calls; his small frame is a liability in short-yardage, impelling Miami to rely on husky backup Jacoby Brissett in yard-to-go situations; when defenses take away his first read, Tagovailoa looks as bad as any quarterback in the NFL. Flores never seemed sold, and if you watched the games, it was hard to blame him.

Even with Tagovailoa’s struggles at quarterback, Flores found a way to make the Dolphins competitive. Within two years of his inheriting the whittled husk of a once-stout defense, Flores built a formidable defense around two-time All-Pro Xavien Howard, a talented stable of pass-rushers, and an exotic scheme the success of which kept the young Tagovailoa and a spotty Miami offense in games. The defense carried an underwhelming Miami offense to a ten-win season in 2020 and a nine-win season in 2021, the latter of which came after losing seven of eight games at season’s start.

Whether due to the slow start in 2021 or a sense among Dolphins brass that the team was underperforming, Miami fired Flores after the 2021 season. Given the mess he inherited in 2019 and his having overseen back-to-back winning seasons, Flores’s was the most surprising firing to follow the close of the 2021 regular season. But it’s not clear Flores was fired because of his race, and no evidence was marshaled by his legal team to suggest that Miami—who just appointed the biracial Mike McDaniel as Flores’s successor—is a hotbed of anti-black sentiment.

The most regrettable part of the Flores affair is the way he was apparently treated as a token candidate to satisfy the NFL’s affirmative-action hiring policy. After being fired in Miami, the New York Giants reached out to Flores and asked to interview him for their head-coaching vacancy. Flores was days away from interviewing with the Giants when he got a text from Patriots head coach Bill Belichick congratulating him on the new job in New York. Surprised, Flores asked Belichick if he knew something that Flores didn’t about the Giants’s decision. Belichick had texted the wrong Brian—he meant to text former Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll, who had previously interviewed with Giants and was named New York’s head coach days later.

The Giants deny Flores’s characterization of the interview, but if Flores’s accusations are accurate then he was just brought in to satisfy the conditions of the Rooney Rule. The rule was instituted in 2003, and requires teams to interview at least two minority candidates for each head-coaching and executive-level vacancy. This arrangement—where teams, even if they’ve settled on a candidate, are required to conduct what amount to pro forma interviews with minority candidates—has the potential to lead to the “sham” interviews Flores claims to have been subjected to.

To some of its exponents, the reason that the Rooney Rule exists is to ensure that the racial composition of the NFL’s head coaches is commensurate with the racial composition of the league’s players. Flores’s lawyers, for example, denounce as unjust the fact that roughly 70 percent of NFL players are black, while, at the time of their filing, there was only one black head coach. (Since Flores filed the suit, two black head coaches have been hired—Mike McDaniel in Miami and Lovie Smith in Houston. Two head-coaching vacancies remaining in New Orleans and Minnesota.)

The suit reads: “In the 20 years since the Rooney Rule was passed, only 15 Head Coaching positions have been filled by Black Candidates. During that time, there have been approximately 129 Head Coaching vacancies. Thus only 11% of Head Coach positions have been filled by Black candidates—in a league where 70% of players are Black.”

This is the crux of Flores’s argument: Since the pool of players and pool of prospective coaches are effectively identical, any difference between the racial composition of the former and the latter groups is evidence of discrimination. But this is not so. Only four current NFL head coaches are former professional football players. The rest went into coaching either in college or immediately after, and have spent years as interns, position coaches, and coordinators. There are plenty of black coaches at every level of the game, but there are also plenty of white college players who couldn’t cut it at the pro level and instead devoted their lives to coaching. Football is big at high schools and colleges around the country, and college rosters are stocked to the brim with white players who can’t cut it at the pro level. It is reasonable to assume that the pool of prospective coaches is therefore closer to the racial composition of the general American population than the disproportionately black pool of NFL players.

The Rooney Rule is an exception to the meritocratic ethic that dominates other levels of football. There has not been a white starting cornerback in the NFL since 2003. There was only one starting white running back in the NFL last year. In colleges around the country, thousands of white high-school cornerbacks are moved to safety, thousands of white high-school running backs are moved to fullback, and thousands of white high-school receivers are moved to tight end. No one has yet proposed a “Sehorn Rule” to ensure that those positions are more representative of the racial composition of the population at large. The NFL should insist that its coaches, like its players, be hired solely on the basis of merit—without regard to skin color.

Pretty simple, really.