Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MSC-PLAC 2022

CamScanner 09-12-2022 14.26 (1).pdf

Noticing how many PLAC schools already play Pekin and Clarksville. It's been mentioned before how they would be a good fit in the PLAC. They actually fit into the schedules really well. I attached everyone's schedule that is affected. And for all the AD's that think scheduling games is hard, this took me about 10 minutes.

An unnamed buddy of mine that's an AD said, "What about Jr. High? You really want to have Mitchell driving to Clarksville on a Tuesday." Jr. high doesn't have a conference. This wouldn't have to affect anything the jr. high does. I also looked at the boys and girls basketball schedules. Some of these teams already travel much farther. It would probably simplify scheduling and save money on travel.

Pekin would have to keep Salem I'd imagine. But other than that yes. Pekin especially. If most these teams schedule tecumseh with no issues just add em. Takes 5 more min for Mitchell to reach clarksville compared to perry. Also unlocks the MSC for non conference more which would save some teams travel. Like Mitchell adding Salem. I'd imagine alot of MSC wouldn't mind dropping Pekin in football. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WWFan said:

Pekin would have to keep Salem I'd imagine. But other than that yes. Pekin especially. If most these teams schedule tecumseh with no issues just add em. Takes 5 more min for Mitchell to reach clarksville compared to perry. Also unlocks the MSC for non conference more which would save some teams travel. Like Mitchell adding Salem. I'd imagine alot of MSC wouldn't mind dropping Pekin in football. 

I got Pekin and WW keeping Salem. Made sure Perry kept Tell City and Forest Park. The ones I felt like were rivalry games should still be intact.

20 minutes ago, WWFan said:

I just realized I uploaded the wrong one. Here is the one with Pekin. Also includes how I tweaked Salem and Corydon to make it work.

CamScanner 09-13-2022 11.47.pdf

16 hours ago, JQWL said:

I always forget to post JV scores. Week 1 Paoli 12 Boonville 28 I think

Week 2 Paoli 20 Corydon 0

Week 3 Paoli 24 SV 12

Week 4 Paoli 26 Perry Central 16

I may be a little off on some of these but it's close.

Thanks man, appreciate it. 

59 minutes ago, WWFan said:

Mid southern could even add Madison if they wanted another. Especially if/when Silver Creek feels the need to try and get in HHC. Maybe Charlestown too way they are growing. I feel like a major shuffle is gonna come sooner or later

I don't know that any of these 3 moves have any certainty to them. 

2 hours ago, WWFan said:

Would Salem keep Pekin? 

27 minutes ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

Would Salem keep Pekin? 

If I were Salem, I think I'd keep the county rival. Also, after playing North Harrison, Silver Creek, and Brownstown I would like to play Pekin before Charlestown and West Washington.

1 hour ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

Would Salem keep Pekin? 

Certainty? No of course not. I just think if they ever get to or close to 5A they may wanna play schools of closer size and MSC don't give much flexibility 

1 hour ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

Silver Creek is a far cry from 5A. 

I beg to differ. When they fill the new school they are building they will likely be 5A by the very next class re-alignment.

SC is growing exponentially. I've heard year after year they turn students away because there is no room.  The area is filled with industry and the new school and sports facilities will be very appealing.

1 hour ago, cloudofdust said:

I beg to differ. When they fill the new school they are building they will likely be 5A by the very next class re-alignment.

SC is growing exponentially. I've heard year after year they turn students away because there is no room.  The area is filled with industry and the new school and sports facilities will be very appealing.

They have 900 students.... the bottom of 5A takes over 1500. If they add 600 students in 1-2 years... that's crazy enrollment spikes, holy cow. 

They are a far cry from 5A. It's not a knock on SC to say that. 

19 hours ago, WWFan said:

They added Floyd and Jeff as non conference. I doubt they think playing Scottsburg, pekin,, Corydon is preparing them much for any sectional play regardless of 4 or 5A

I would say a schedule of Jeff, Floyd, BC, Salem, CT, and NH would generally prepare you for the tournament, as well as, any other conglomerate of teams you could come up with. 

19 minutes ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

They have 900 students.... the bottom of 5A takes over 1500. If they add 600 students in 1-2 years... that's crazy enrollment spikes, holy cow. 

They are a far cry from 5A. It's not a knock on SC to say that. 

I would say a schedule of Jeff, Floyd, BC, Salem, CT, and NH would generally prepare you for the tournament, as well as, any other conglomerate of teams you could come up with. 

^^^^^Agree 100%.

Would also add that Clarksville contracts with Scottsburg and Charlestown are up. Would expect Madison to fill at least 1 if not both of those spots on Charlestown and Scottsburg schedules.

Clarksville will find it harder and harder to fill Schedule, unless they join PLAC

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Per several of the AD’s you’re talking about. 

Well guess that settles that. Seems to me they would fit. Football is probably middle of the pack currently and basketball programs are good (I have no clue on rest of sports). With expected growth and facility improvements would think HHC would be more open to it. 

5 minutes ago, PiratePride said:

^^^^^Agree 100%.

Would also add that Clarksville contracts with Scottsburg and Charlestown are up. Would expect Madison to fill at least 1 if not both of those spots on Charlestown and Scottsburg schedules.

Clarksville will find it harder and harder to fill Schedule, unless they join PLAC

Good points. 

We picked up Madison next year, in place of Indian Creek. 

With you guys and your enrollment, which hasn't changed a ton in the last decade, I mean... maybe you guys start gaining some enrollment.... but there are still 20 schools with larger enrollments than you guys in 3A. I don't think it's a guarantee at all that you guys end up 4A.