Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MSC-PLAC 2022

16 hours ago, jets said:

Charlestown with 2 nice victories to start the season. (Silver Creek and Brownstown). For someone not from around the area - was this expected or kind of unforseen?? How were the Pirates last year? They return a lot I'm assuming? 

This years Brownstown team is young and inexperienced. They should get better as the year goes on. I think they replaced somewhere around 17 starters. They had the ball in the red zone 3 times on Ctown but couldn’t capitalize. Was only down 14-7 midway through the 3rd. Ctown has a solid squad though. Good luck to them!!

Looks like a much better slate of games this week. Only 1 coin toss from last week. This week I see 4 good games or at least possible disagreements amongst picks. 

1st we have the 2 PLAC match ups. Paoli returns home after a sloppy but effective week 3 win over county rival Springs Valley to face unbeaten Perry Central. PC opponents have a combined 2-7 record. Im not sure how good Tell City but they appear to have been there best opp. Rival and a 1 point victory. Paoli is probably better tested and that will continue this week. Im leaning paoli early for my pick ems.

2nd is West Washington's first road game and test of the year heading to Springs Valley. Valley will be ready to get back on track this week and WW will need to be ready. Our common foe is Mitchell and looked nearly even against them (I attended both Mitchell games). WW will have to not turn the ball over and need better pass D this week. Should be a very tight game. Sargain has this as 194 (WW) vs 197 (SV). They are 17th and 18th in 1A. 

Game of the week is battle of 3-0 conference foes from MSC in Charlestown and North Harrison. They do not have a common foe but most would argue Charlestown has had tougher schedule. Maybe a MSC guy can shed more light on this. Winner would have a pretty tight grip on conference title. 

Then lastly we have Crawford and South Decatur. Sagarin has this 295 (SD) vs 313 (CC). Crawford has yet to score this year. SD has played the best opp in North Decatur. Both seem bad and maybe Crawford gets some confidence in this game. Let's hope so. 

Looking forward to the game this week. Everyone but me pick wrong this week!! 

• Like 1

Crawford County at South Decatur

Mitchell at Eastern Greene

Perry Central at Paoli

West Washington at Springs Valley

Brownstown at Salem

Corydon at Scottsburg

North Harrison at Charlestown

Silver Creek at Eastern Pekin

13 minutes ago, boilerfan87 said:

For sure. I think Crawford's coach used to be the head coach at SD, so that is probably how it got arranged. 

Jerry Hanger one of the most hospitable AD’s in the state.

Side note should be a decent game for both teams. Good luck. 

Edited by Impartial_Observer