Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MSC-PLAC 2022

5 minutes ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

Good points. 

We picked up Madison next year, in place of Indian Creek. 

With you guys and your enrollment, which hasn't changed a ton in the last decade, I mean... maybe you guys start gaining some enrollment.... but there are still 20 schools with larger enrollments than you guys in 3A. I don't think it's a guarantee at all that you guys end up 4A. 

That'll be good for Madison. I see they play 3 KY schools...Milan....and neutral game against Hammond. Adding you guys and possibly Charlestown and Scottsburg would be a big help for them with that schedule. 

6 minutes ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

Good points. 

We picked up Madison next year, in place of Indian Creek. 

With you guys and your enrollment, which hasn't changed a ton in the last decade, I mean... maybe you guys start gaining some enrollment.... but there are still 20 schools with larger enrollments than you guys in 3A. I don't think it's a guarantee at all that you guys end up 4A. 

Enrollment at Charlestown high day 1 of this school year was 801 students. Which is borderline of 4A. Also over 650 new residential home and apartments have been announced to be built in Charlestown in the next few years. Fully expect Charlestown to be 4A by 2026 if not 2024.

10 minutes ago, PiratePride said:

Enrollment at Charlestown high day 1 of this school year was 801 students. Which is borderline of 4A. Also over 650 new residential home and apartments have been announced to be built in Charlestown in the next few years. Fully expect Charlestown to be 4A by 2026 if not 2024.

801 Day 1 isn't what they use though, right? Everyone's #s are a little inflated Day 1, but I don't believe those are the #s they use for the state, could be wrong there. 

Like... I think they wait to further in the school year to make the distinction on what your true enrollment is. The spring it was 717. Now, with housing you mentioned.... seems like 2026 is probably a very safe bet. But... do others grow enough? It's not JUST Charlestown's enrollment to look at. There are multiple schools bigger than you in 3A with larger FR and SO classes. 

Either way, I'm just glad there's another school in the conference with turf. lol love your guys set up. PA system is impressively loud, wow. 

13 minutes ago, WWFan said:

That'll be good for Madison. I see they play 3 KY schools...Milan....and neutral game against Hammond. Adding you guys and possibly Charlestown and Scottsburg would be a big help for them with that schedule. 

I think one of their drives is 2.5hours this year to play a KY team. Then... probably another two hour drive to Greenwood to play Hammond. 

Edited by btownqbcoach1

37 minutes ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

801 Day 1 isn't what they use though, right? Everyone's #s are a little inflated Day 1, but I don't believe those are the #s they use for the state, could be wrong there. 

Like... I think they wait to further in the school year to make the distinction on what your true enrollment is. The spring it was 717. Now, with housing you mentioned.... seems like 2026 is probably a very safe bet. But... do others grow enough? It's not JUST Charlestown's enrollment to look at. There are multiple schools bigger than you in 3A with larger FR and SO classes. 

Either way, I'm just glad there's another school in the conference with turf. lol love your guys set up. PA system is impressively loud, wow. 

I think one of their drives is 2.5hours this year to play a KY team. Then... probably another two hour drive to Greenwood to play Hammond. 

Agree day 1 enrollment is not number they use, however 801 is biggest enrollment number ever at Charlestown. Also rumors of redistricting could effect enrollment.

Also PA Speakers are ridiculously loud🤣

18 hours ago, WWFan said:

Drove by Mitchell other day. Field looks great. Turf is amazing. What's the cost? Daughter has a piggy bank with WW name written on it. 😂

A LOT! Not sure what it is exactly. I just know we had $17+ million that had to be spent through a bond/grant or we lost it, but that's for everything. Whole town is shut down for the game tomorrow night! Schoolboard grilling out before the game and fireworks after the game. I just hope we see some during the game. 🤣

18 hours ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

I want to see it. Loved the mocks of the field house, as well. 

Fieldhouse moving a long as well. Should have a roof over the weight room and wrestling room in a couple weeks I believe. 

2 hours ago, Bluejacket1 said:

A LOT! Not sure what it is exactly. I just know we had $17+ million that had to be spent through a bond/grant or we lost it, but that's for everything. Whole town is shut down for the game tomorrow night! Schoolboard grilling out before the game and fireworks after the game. I just hope we see some during the game. 🤣

Fieldhouse moving a long as well. Should have a roof over the weight room and wrestling room in a couple weeks I believe. 

I know Mr. Amos. Good dude.  

Silver Creek isn't going any higher than 4A (if they stay there), Ctown may get to 4A some day; but the approved development ration between Charlestown and Sellersburg is currently 6:1.  Ctown has approved over 3k new units over the next three years.  Plus, the number of parents bitching about the headache of Sellersburg school traffic every morning continues to grow, while they basically remodel the existing school instead of building a new like needed.  Not hating, just saying.  Wish them well, but they are behind the curve for the next decade. 

13 hours ago, PirateForLife said:

Silver Creek isn't going any higher than 4A (if they stay there), Ctown may get to 4A some day; but the approved development ration between Charlestown and Sellersburg is currently 6:1.  Ctown has approved over 3k new units over the next three years.  Plus, the number of parents bitching about the headache of Sellersburg school traffic every morning continues to grow, while they basically remodel the existing school instead of building a new like needed.  Not hating, just saying.  Wish them well, but they are behind the curve for the next decade. 

You're not wrong. The current location of the school is a complete train wreck right on a narrow HWY 31. The fact that all those new developments are going in along 403, which runs right into 31 in front of the school, makes it 10 times worse. They should've found a new spot to put the school. That or convince the county and town to completely redesign 31/403. Don't get me wrong, their new facilities will be top notch, but it won't be built to withstand the amount of potential students they could have. 

17 minutes ago, boilerfan87 said:

You're not wrong. The current location of the school is a complete train wreck right on a narrow HWY 31. The fact that all those new developments are going in along 403, which runs right into 31 in front of the school, makes it 10 times worse. They should've found a new spot to put the school. That or convince the county and town to completely redesign 31/403. Don't get me wrong, their new facilities will be top notch, but it won't be built to withstand the amount of potential students they could have. 

As a resident of the Greater St Joe Hill area, I don't have to fight the Sellersburg/403 mess....but I do have to fight the Hwy 60/Charlestown Rd mess daily.  Governments in Indiana are always more than 10 years behind developers.    By then, it usually ends with government knee-jerk reactions, taking of properties, etc, instead of having a plan for residents to work with.

14 hours ago, PirateForLife said:

I can appreciate this opinion, but I definitely do not agree with it. 

There is as close to zero chance as you can get that SC will ever drop from 4A.

Proportionally if Ctown moves to 4A, SC will have grown as well.

If you build it...they will come.

Paoli wins 41-0. Shocked at that outcome. Didn't think we'd win but man didn't picture getting shut out. WW had a hard time countering last year if they got punched early and maybe this year is the same. Got to correct that or perry gonna win by 70.