Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

3 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I don’t want to make a blanket statement and say every HHC football team’s players aren’t putting in the effort. Just look at the schools from a historical perspective. Six of them have little to no history of success in football. The seventh team has a ton of historical success but has gone through unsuccessful periods themselves. 

We need to remember the HHC is not a football conference. I don’t know if I’m reaching here but I think there’s a possibility that the geographic area the HHC footprint lies can somewhat explain why this isn’t a football-loving area. The schools sit near or in between Bloomington and Louisville. Think about that for a moment. What’s the significance there? Historically, it isn’t football.

Jeffersonville, New Albany, and Floyd Central are 3 of the biggest schools south of Indianapolis. I’ve felt for years that all 3 of them should be Regional contenders.

4 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

It doesn’t matter that I met coach last week. That loss wasn’t on coaching. BNLs players were jumping around on the sideline, fired up the whole game. I didn’t see that on Floyd Centrals sideline. I tip my hat to BNL because they played to win. FC had multiple chances to win that game.

To be clear I’m not blaming a coach either. But definitely wouldn’t blame players. 

But I just listened on the radio and wasn’t there to witness. Even so, I still wouldn’t question 15-18 year olds efforts. 

4 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Jeffersonville, New Albany, and Floyd Central are 3 of the biggest schools south of Indianapolis. I’ve felt for years that all 3 of them should be Regional contenders.

This area just hasn’t been influenced by football. There hasn’t been a pro team or a good college team to steer the kids away from other sports like there has in other areas of the state. Northern Indiana had Notre Dame. Northwest Indiana had the Bears. Central Indiana has the Colts. Southeast Indiana had the Bengals. Southwest Indiana had one of the original NFL franchises in the Evansville Crimson Giants. You also had pro teams in Hammond and Muncie. The influence of football is or has been pretty much everywhere in Indiana except in south-central Indiana. We just had IU basketball and Louisville basketball (or Kentucky basketball if you were annoying).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

This area just hasn’t been influenced by football. There hasn’t been a pro team or a good college team to steer the kids away from other sports like there has in other areas of the state. Northern Indiana had Notre Dame. Northwest Indiana had the Bears. Central Indiana has the Colts. Southeast Indiana had the Bengals. Southwest Indiana had one of the original NFL franchises in the Evansville Crimson Giants. You also had pro teams in Hammond and Muncie. The influence of football is or has been pretty much everywhere in Indiana except in south-central Indiana. We just had IU basketball and Louisville basketball (or Kentucky basketball if you were annoying).

I think you can see a direct correlation between the success or lack there of with the Colts to the general state of affairs of Indiana HS Football. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosiers1218 said:

Is it possible the problem with Floyd, New Albany, and Jeff is a lot of talent goes over the river? I mean New Albany had Rondale Moore at one point…

That’s part of it. Floyd Central kids are hard to motivate. They have every advantage in life.  It’s what drove Coach Glesing away. That and the fans didn’t treat him as well as he deserved. Jeffersonville has some discipline issues. Do I think coach Bragg and these other coaches could do some things different? Sure. But I did speak to coach Bragg and he is the Head Coach and it’s his program to run. There’s more going on behind the scenes of HS football then what I had realized before. So I’m no longer gonna trash HS football coaches because if I think I can help then I need to throw my hat in the ring.

Edited by Fkfootball

24 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

That’s part of it. Floyd Central kids are hard to motivate. They have every advantage in life.  It’s what drove Coach Glesing away. That and the fans didn’t treat him as well as he deserved. Jeffersonville has some discipline issues. Do I think coach Bragg and these other coaches could do some things different? Sure. But I did speak to coach Bragg and he is the Head Coach and it’s his program to run. There’s more going on behind the scenes of HS football then what I had realized before. So I’m no longer gonna trash HS football coaches because if I think I can help then I need to throw my hat in the ring.

Coach Glesing is now head coach at Shelbyville I believe and I’ve watched FC play JC a couple times when they have come to town since my playing days and I have to say I remember when FC used to produce some unbelievable speed like that Klingsmith kid it appears they have kind of dropped off in the speediness. 

20 hours ago, Hoosiers1218 said:

Coach Glesing is now head coach at Shelbyville I believe and I’ve watched FC play JC a couple times when they have come to town since my playing days and I have to say I remember when FC used to produce some unbelievable speed like that Klingsmith kid it appears they have kind of dropped off in the speediness. 

Not really. Wenkers Wright ran a 4.4 and he’s been starting games for Illinois State. They have some guys that run 4.6 and 4.7 40s. They’re not an explosive team but they have some good speed for a HS team.

1 hour ago, Fkfootball said:

Not really. Wenkers Wright ran a 4.4 and he’s been starting games for Illinois State. They have some guys that run 4.6 and 4.7 40s. They’re not an explosive team but they have some good speed for a HS team.

I’m talking about the unbelievable explosive speed like Klingsmith, Carl, etc some of those guys who played many years ago

3 hours ago, Hoosiers1218 said:

I’m talking about the unbelievable explosive speed like Klingsmith, Carl, etc some of those guys who played many years ago

Well they have two, very fast, very good RBs in Bernardi and Popp. Unfortunately they’re both out for the season. FC would’ve cruised to a HHC Title with a healthy Bernardi. The guy had like 100 yds against Males defense which even Wenkers Wright didn’t do. He was primed for an All-State season. Hopefully he’ll make it back next year.

On a side note. I’ve watched some of FCs youth teams the past week. Man they’ve got some studs coming up. Someone also told me their Middle School teams haven’t lost a game. Several blowout wins.

Edited by Fkfootball

Week 8 Predictions 

Bedford North Lawrence (4-3) at Madison (3-4): I’m honestly surprised this series is still being played. I figured the only link Madison would have to the HHC once they left would be with Jennings County (their main rival). Instead, this game is being played for a 26th straight year and for the 35th time overall. The Stars lead the series 30-4. The Cubs did get a one point win back in 2019 but, as you can see, wins against BNL don’t come often for them. I don’t expect to see them get another one tomorrow night. BNL romps them.

Floyd Central (3-4, 2-2 HHC) at Jennings County (1-6, 0-4 HHC): Speaking of one-sided series, the Highlanders lead this one 41-7 and have won the last six. It’s crazy to think the Panthers once led this series 5-3 but have only won two games since 1984. Even if Floyd Central has a letdown game this week, they’re still the better team. I think they’ll fare better than Seymour did last week against Jennings County. Floyd Central wins by at least 21.

Jeffersonville (1-5, 0-4 HHC) at Columbus East (3-4, 3-1 HHC): The Olympians lead this series 30-11 and have won the last 18. During that 18 game streak, the Red Devils have only scored 8 or more points six times and have only scored 15 or more points three times. While I think they have the athletes to give this East team a scare, I always question their consistency and ability to stay disciplined. East certainly has its fair share of problems but I feel safer taking them in this game. East wins.

Seymour (5-2, 4-1 HHC) at New Albany (2-5, 2-2 HHC): After looking into the series history between these two teams, I realized @Impartial_Observer wasn’t kidding when he recently stated New Albany historically has given Seymour problems. The Bulldogs lead the all-time series 27-12 and have won the last six games. Therefore, how apropos is it that the only team standing between the Owls and their first HHC championship since 2001 is a New Albany team that has given them more trouble lately than any other? Nevertheless, this New Albany team gives up a ton of points. Defensively, they’re the worst team in the conference and I think Seymour takes advantage of that. Seymour wins.

Bedford NL at Madison
Floyd Central at Jennings County 
Jeffersonville at Columbus East 
Seymour at New Albany 

I need to disagree with Frozen somewhere to catch up. I tried that at the end of last season and it didn't work out. If I was going to pick an upset this week, it would be JC over FC but I don't necessarily think it will happen. I also wouldn't be surprised by NA over Seymour. 

5 minutes ago, boilerfan87 said:

Bedford NL at Madison
Floyd Central at Jennings County 
Jeffersonville at Columbus East 
Seymour at New Albany 

I need to disagree with Frozen somewhere to catch up. I tried that at the end of last season and it didn't work out. If I was going to pick an upset this week, it would be JC over FC but I don't necessarily think it will happen. I also wouldn't be surprised by NA over Seymour. 

Lol. Looks like the picks are unanimous this week. Everybody has picked the same teams.

21 minutes ago, boilerfan87 said:

Crazy.. I didn't look at others' picks but that must mean it is certain that is what will happen. 😆

It only makes me nervous when everyone picks the same teams. I remember every analyst picking my Packers to beat the 49ers in the playoffs last year. We all saw how that turned out.

Edited by Frozen Tundra